Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squad formations  (Read 1173 times)

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
Squad formations
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

Is there a possibility to tell my squad to form a line for example? I built an higher level 2*n sized defense platform protected by fortifications for my xbow dorfs. Some of them aren't going to stand next to the fortification, in order to shoot down from that side, where the attackers actually are.
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squad formations
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:34 pm »

No, there isn't. If enemies aren't right under the walls dwarves shouldn't have any problems with shooting anyways. Honestly, I've never seen an arrow stopped by a fortification.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:43:21 pm »

Honestly, I've never seen an arrow stopped by a fortification.

The point is, with those fortifications, the enemies are not shooting up from below. If they are on the same level as the fortifications, they can simply shoot inside. Yea
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:50:48 pm »

Is there a possibility to tell my squad to form a line for example? I built an higher level 2*n sized defense platform protected by fortifications for my xbow dorfs. Some of them aren't going to stand next to the fortification, in order to shoot down from that side, where the attackers actually are.

As in 40d, you pretty much have to give them individual move orders to get them to line up.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod