Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 633785 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2015, 10:10:57 am »

Has anybody suggested Treasure Adventure Game in this thread? It's not in the list, and I don't think I've ever heard its existence acknowledged anywhere on the internet. Which is a shame, because it's a really fun game.
I've played it a little... never got particularly far, though.

For what it's worth, there's been a couple theads. From a bit back and not exactly much attention either time, but they're there.

There's at least one let's play and a paid upgraded version on the way.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2015, 04:10:06 pm »

Fractured Space is having a free weekend and you keep the game. 5v5 Space Warship MOBA. Fighters and such got added recently, so color me interested.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2015, 04:05:10 pm »

Virtual Pool 4 made it's online segment f2p recenty. The non-subscriber status gets you access to one scene/table with 8-ball, 9-ball, and 6 ball variants. The full version is just a $10 a year subscription package.

http://vponline.celeris.com/vp4onprod/

Orfelius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:32 am »

Does anybody even still has editing power over the list? The creator has been seen last active 2 years ago and the list has not been updated for quite some time I think. Perhaps it is time to make a new free games list for bay12.

Anyway here is Zero-K, a free, multiplatform, open-source RTS, where massive robot armies fight each other.
Featuring: over 100 unique units with extreme diversity, epic battles at each scale, realistic physics that for example affect the bullet trajectory, deep tactical and strategical decisions with dynamic counterplay, factionless flat techtree - every factory (and with them every unit) and building is accessible at the start of the game and only a cost of the unit matters, lots of tiresome micro removed - one does not have to baby sit their units and factories in order them to function well (as in many other RTS's) or units can be ordered in a line instead of points, and many other exiting features that would make this post look like a wall of text. I hope that got you interested.

Ps. Yes I know I have like 2 posts on this forum but I am just one of the lurkers that particularly like to observe the "other games" part of it and this was actually a place that I have learned about the game I mentionedm but for whatever reason it was removed from the list.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:44:25 pm by Orfelius »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 01, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »

You might want to fix that link.
http://zero-k.info/
Here is a working one.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 01, 2015, 04:12:21 pm »

Does anybody even still has editing power over the list? The creator has been seen last active 2 years ago and the list has not been updated for quite some time I think. Perhaps it is time to make a new free games list for bay12.

Anyway here is Zero-K, a free, multiplatform, open-source RTS, where massive robot armies fight each other.
Featuring: over 100 unique units with extreme diversity, epic battles at each scale, realistic physics that for example affect the bullet trajectory, deep tactical and strategical decisions with dynamic counterplay, factionless flat techtree - every factory (and with them every unit) and building is accessible at the start of the game and only a cost of the unit matters, lots of tiresome micro removed - one does not have to baby sit their units and factories in order them to function well (as in many other RTS's) or units can be ordered in a line instead of points, and many other exiting features that would make this post look like a wall of text. I hope that got you interested.

Ps. Yes I know I have like 2 posts on this forum but I am just one of the lurkers that particularly like to observe the "other games" part of it and this was actually a place that I have learned about the game I mentionedm but for whatever reason it was removed from the list.

Seconding this here; it's a really well-designed RTS game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 02, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »

Didn't see 0 AD mentioned anywhere here, so I thought I'd mention it. 0 AD is a RTS that's pretty similar to Age of Empires, except it uses civilizations from about 500 BC to AD 500 (so you play as the Greek city-states, Rome and the Carthaginians, Gauls and Iberians, and others), and has a bunch of cool stuff on its own (soldiers can build stuff, triremes and navies) and has a pretty large modding community. Its currently on Alpha 18, according to their website

I haven't played this game in a few years since I switched computers and started playing games that weren't free to play, but this one is really fun, especially if you like history or Age of Empires style RTS games.

http://play0ad.com/

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 10, 2015, 08:49:53 pm »

Battle Realms , at the time i write this, is free on GOG (include the expansion)
http://www.gog.com/
but it will not last, so don't waste time and go login on GOG to grab the free gift while it's still available.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 24, 2015, 12:29:28 am »

This thread is focused on PC games. Sorry, mate.
Also, it's SUPER SKETCHY to have your first post be shilling for a free IOS game. Also, having Googled your username, I can see that the username has also been used on Reddit... to shill said game.

Edit:The Toad strikes with incredible speed!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:33:15 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 16, 2015, 04:45:44 pm »

I think Shores of Hazeron needs to be taken off, but I'm not sure. Pretty positive it's P2P now though.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2015, 04:08:27 am »

I think Shores of Hazeron needs to be taken off, but I'm not sure. Pretty positive it's P2P now though.

Yep, Subscription Based now and deader than ever because of it. Or I suppose more alive as it was shut down before and only brought back with a sub to keep the servers running, but the point I'm trying to make is still apparent I'm sure.

In the free2play news though, Card Hunter has seen a Steam launch which has immensely boosted its numbers in the Multiplayer aspect. So now is the perfect time to try it I'd wager.

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2015, 06:51:25 pm »

As someone who has a respectable amount of free games. I feel like a complete jerk elf not sharing some of the games I have found that I do not see on the list.

"Command and Conquer", "Command and Conquer Red Alert" and "Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun" (My personal favorite) have been free for some time. Tweaking them to work correctly on modern windows OS however is a pain.

Not sure how the community feels about flash games, but I find "Dice Wars" to be a good killer of about 15 minutes if need something like that.

Last I checked "Wayward beta" is still free.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:36:21 pm by ykcud »

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 18, 2015, 11:21:52 pm »

"Pokemon Omicron" and "Zeta" are much like the other older Pokemon games but with less barriers with language.

To be honest... I would rather not put those type of games into the list... due to legalities...

Everything else would be fine...
Goddamit SourceForge

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »

They're fanmakes using RPG Maker, not rips of the genuine titles. Legally speaking, Nintendo might DMCA them or something, but legally speaking, it neither takes away from nor replaces the original Pokemon. Additionally, they're Mac/PC games, and Nintendo has no forays into the computer world. They're not exactly competing, and "legally" speaking, it's better than grabbing a ROM and playing that on your PC.
Legally speaking, it's all copyrighted. I'm not sure how much of the battle system and mechanics are copyrighted but I'm positive that each pokemon's likeness and stats and stuff are copyrighted. In theory they should be executing take down orders against any infringement, as legally, the more you fail to do so, the easier it becomes to infringe upon your works for profit.

Of course, from a players perspective, none of that matters. It is not your responsibility to defend a company's copyright.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:59 pm »

I am going to omit the Pokemon game I suggested for the list as it appears to be throwing all the following posts off topic, and I do not want this to get locked.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143