Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarflab 2021  (Read 1461 times)

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarflab 2021
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 08:15:20 pm »

Are there some kind of evil giant ocean fishes? This would be funny, if the ocean is full of carps.
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

GrueSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »

Cast obsidian buildings are considered natural. Cast a huge hunk of obsidian, with a big pillar to break the surface, dig to the lab, remove the walls, carve the lab from obsidian. I'm a newb to cast obsidian things and cave-ins, but this seems to be the safest way to do it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »

Cast obsidian is in fact "natural" so you can drop it intact into water.  This is why I suggested making a mold above the surface using bridges to contain the blocks, and then dropping the cast obsidian into the water to make the fort.  As I understand it, too, a designated (not b - C) down stairs will land on the floor and reveal the tile under it.  It stands to reason, to me, that this would apply to stairs and forts and other designated carvings as well.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »

Are there some kind of evil giant ocean fishes? This would be funny, if the ocean is full of carps.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Sea_monster
There's plenty of Sharks too.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 
Pages: 1 [2]