Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: On Ebon Wings - The pain of wakefulness  (Read 3428 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
On Ebon Wings - The pain of wakefulness
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:39:45 am »

Similar to many other games, this game will have the forum in general take control of a character through suggestion-based commands. Information will be shown by text descriptions and images of varying quality. A slight amount of sensibility from players would be valued, but is not required.

Consciousness

Dull, throbbing pain. You head aches and hurts. Every sinew in your body is complaining about something. You'd rather not deal with it, but now you're awake. The responsibilities of your body seem to realise that, and gang rush you, clamouring for attention.

Opening an eye in the blinding light of consciousness reveals something confusing and scary.

You really, really hope that you aren't blinded. You vaguely feel that you are lying on your side on something bedlike, and a gentle rocking motion isn't helping your condition. Your head hurts. Your eyes hurt, especially the one that is open. Your hair hurts. Your clothing hurts.

Weak, confused, blurry

Inventory:
Pain
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:35:37 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: On Ebon Wings - Suggest Adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:41:38 am »

Discard item: Pain

Blink, rub eyes to clear vision.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On Ebon Wings - The pain of wakefulness
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:03:12 am »

You think about discarding pain, but it's all you have right now. If you lost that, you'd probably fall back to sleep and die.

On a more constructive note, you rub your eyes while blinking. Your right eye really doesn't want to open, and digital examination reveals that it is currently sealed shut by spittle, hair, and some other substances that cannot be identified by touch alone.

Investigating your left eye reveals a large, green glass bottle stuck to your face. With some prying you manage to pull it off your skin, the agony of feeling returning as air caresses your poor, abused bottle-stuck derma. It turns out that it was indeed responsible for the green, exceedingly blurred vision. It slides out of sight.

You seem to have lost the ability to perceive non-bloodshot colours. You sort of miss that green bottle. You realise that you are lying on your right side. Incidentally, your right arm is numb, probably somewhere under your body. The left side of your body is working very hard today. To the right, blinding rays of light. To the left, moderate darkness. Directly across from you is some sort of desk, with either a window or mirror above it.

Weak, confused, blurry

Inventory:
Pain
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:06:58 am »

Get self into chair. Sit on desk, avoid looking at face for now.

Count to ten, then use some non-dry saliva to ungum your right eye. See if there is anything left in bottle.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:08:32 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:20 am »

After some effort, you manage to fall out of bed. Good work.

You find the bottle, which seems to contain a few mouthfuls of unspilled liquid. You then roll/crawl over the floor to the desk, but can't quite stand yet. You settle for slumping against the furniture, facing away from the light. Some distinct effort later, and you have opened your other eye. This barely helps, as it is completely unadjusted to this harsh, moderately lit room. You do note that the darker end of the room, now on your right, has a door. Your ability to operate it is doubtful at best.

You also manage to discard your thoughts of pain, as now you can focus on this bottle.

Weak, confused, blurry

Inventory:
Green Glass Bottle (Nigh-empty)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:42:05 am »

Sniff the contents of the bottle - see if I can recall what that smell reminds me of.

Wait a bit for eyes to adjust and possibly crawl/walk to the window to see where I am.

Attempt to remember how I got here.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

> Examine body plan. Are you missing any limbs? Are you even human?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

> Examine body plan. Are you missing any limbs? Are you even human?
This, also try to examine clothing- is it exspensive? Ragged? Blood stained? E.T.C.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:03 pm »

An examination of the body reveals that you are dressed in fine clothing, though it is slightly rumpled, torn and stained. It's hard to tell with blood-shot-o-vision, but it seems like a dark red uniform jacket and trousers with a white undershirt. You have the body of a human female, or so it would seem.

Sniffing the bottle brings forth the scent of hard liquor. It definitely smells familiar. It's very similar to how your clothes smell.

You manage to traverse the distance to the window, and discover that it has been covered by curtains. A few gaps are letting in the blinding light. You pause before opening it.

It suddenly occurs that you have really no idea who or where you are.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 11:51:44 pm »

Drink the rest of the bottle, a little hair of the dog is just the cure for memory loss.

Turn out your pockets.
---

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43:32 am »

Shade eyes with hand, look out window.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 12:50:30 am »

construct lightsaber from glass bottle, proceed to search for darth revan and give him his ebon hawk back
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:54 pm »

You finish off the bottle, reasoning that it is highly unlikely to harm you further. It does seem to help clear your head.

Riding on the thrill of recent accomplishments, you stumble up and bravely pull the curtains open. You think you see a glimpse of clear blue sky, but it was one exertion too many. Your overloaded brain shuts down and you pass out once again.

Some time later, you wake up. Remarkably, you feel passably sober. You are currently lying face-up on the wooden floor, roughly in the middle of the room. The open window is past your feet, and you can see fluffy white clouds and a brilliant blue sky from your position. The desk is on the left and your bed on the right. The closed door is behind you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:17:34 pm by Shade-o »

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:50 pm »

Look in the mirror.
[/post]

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile