Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Catching Fireflies.  (Read 2471 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catching Fireflies.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 12:31:46 am »

Be cautious about allowing vermin to be adopted. The vermin will jump off their owner, and the owner will set off in hot pursuit(Version 16). takes precedence over jobs.
 Was bored on one fort, watched a dwarf repeatedly recapture his six pet roachs

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:31 am »

Can you make zoos from vermin? Rat zoo in the dining halls...
Yes.  I had four cages in a dining hall once.  Each held a single type of vermin:  fairies, pixies, wamblers, and fireflys.  It was the only use I could find for vermin.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 04:14:47 am »

Was bored on one fort, watched a dwarf repeatedly recapture his six pet roaches

Would placing a cage or terrarium in the pet owner's room help? In .28 they supposedly kept their vermin there, at least if they adopted more than they could carry around.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21:33 pm »

That's what I was forced to do.Last time she was hunting the pet roach that escaped, I got fed up, and built a cage in her room, then assigned her pets to it. Least she got a happy thought seeing the roach family.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration
Pages: 1 [2]