Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megaproject 001: HYRULE CASTLE  (Read 1633 times)

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megaproject 001: HYRULE CASTLE
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »

Once i get set up, i'll be building A Link to the Past's Hyrule Castle.

Soldiers/Guards will be replaced with red, blue, and green statues. Red Carpeting will be replaced with Bauxite, or Kaolinite.

It will be completely above-ground, on a flattened world.

I will also make 4 sacrificial Altars, for Din, Nayru, Farore, and Armok. Elves will be captured and divided equally among the 4 dieties. Armok and Din will consume enemies with magma. Nayru with Water. I'll probably use a wall-trapped forgotten beast for Farore's altar.

My Captain of the guard will be a highly trained swordsdwarf, re-named as link.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject 001: HYRULE CASTLE
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:36:05 pm »

Make sure you allow enough Z's above ground, if you want proper towers.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »

Embark in an evil zone for stalchilds and redeads. Capture some and release them in the graveyard to protect the fallen.

Make sure there's forest in at least one direction so you have the Lost Woods nearby. In the Lost Woods, construct a Kobold-proof shrine upon which is placed a masterwork adamantine sword. Bonus points if it's an artifact. Only the Captain of the Guard may wield it.

Buckets of bonus points if you can fashion your embark so that you've got a volcano as Death Mountain in one corner, the Lost Woods in the other and Hyrule Castle in the middle. That way your Goron-style dorfs are doing metalworking up there while your Hyrulian-types are building the castle.

Make sure you have enough stone to build the thing out of a uniform color, preferably granite or something nice and grey like that.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »

You forgot the desert and the lake.

Also, you should build a mini temple at each appropriate site, OOT style. Wow, that's gonna be a huge embark...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:34 pm »

Considering the amazing amount of biodiversity that Hyrule shows in a small area, I think that in realistic terms, the castle itself is enough of a project.  Also, in OOT, it was surrounded by fields, so, there's that.

Question is, is this OOT, or TP, or any of the 2D variants?  The castle changes appearance throughout the series.

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:28:42 pm »

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, the greatest 2d game in existence and the best (in my opinion) Zelda game to date.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 11:50:22 pm »

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, the greatest 2d game in existence and the best (in my opinion) Zelda game to date.

first part  :D second part  :(  TP is the best, though skyward sword is coming out soon.

I should have thought of this... but it would be hard to do because the inside of the castle is larger than the outside. (NINTENDO LOGIC)

but doing one of the 3d games might work since there aren't definite squares of programming, meaning you can basically freelance it if it looks all right.

(Bonus points if you also create a pyrimid in an evil zone with a temple inside either in a different world or in the same one.)
What do you think? Yes? No?

Greader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 03:37:20 pm »

If you do the A Link To The Past castle, you should give one of your guards a morning star and really good armor, like that guard in the game, the one you had to defeat to get the key for the prison cell at the start of the game.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 03:58:50 pm »

Once you're done, you should put up a save of this, it would be pretty damned awesome.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 04:45:37 pm »

*Cough*OcarinaofTimebestZeldagame*cough*

In other news, make sure that you have undead creatures roaming outside the walls at night, a temple to the Triforce, and a stable brimming with horses in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, and a bunch oflegendary-swimmer dwarves (dwarfs?) as those funny water-peoples.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 04:54:50 pm »

*Cough*OcarinaofTimebestZeldagame*cough*

In other news, make sure that you have undead creatures roaming outside the walls at night, a temple to the Triforce, and a stable brimming with horses in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, and a bunch oflegendary-swimmer dwarves (dwarfs?) as those funny water-peoples.

Seconded*cough*

They are the "Zora", IIRC
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:52 pm »

Once i get set up, i'll be building A Link to the Past's Hyrule Castle.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »

It would be more impressive and dwarfier if you make Ganondorf's Takeover Hyrule Castle from Ocarina of Time. It would certainly involve more magma.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 07:52:49 pm »

On second thought, a single embark is not enough for this. You must generate an entire world to resemble Hyrule, then build full scale dungeons on each site in the world. It would be the ultimate adventure mode experiance.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »

I know where you can get a better experience!

Go play Zelda -.-

For real, let the guy make his castle, stop dumping stringent demands upon him.