Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's see what we're willing to offer for your craftdwarfship...  (Read 1873 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's see what we're willing to offer for your craftdwarfship...
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 02:55:09 pm »

for trading.
What trading? Are you talking about seasonal garbage disposal services arriving every season?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 03:03:03 pm »

Serrated disks have the insane value multiplier of 126, compared to statues of value 25 and  battle axes at 34.  This means that a steel axe of base quality is 34 * 30 (the material value of steel) for 1,020, while a large serrated steel disk of base value is 126 * 30, 3,780.  With masterwork being 12x multiplies, that's ~45k for a masterwork large serrated steel disk, if I'm not mistaken.  The most expensive non-decorated object is a masterwork adamantine disk, at a mind-boggling 453,600 dorf-bucks.  For comparison's sake, a royal bedroom is 10,000.

Fun fact, an adamantine mechanism housing 10x adamantine disks, all masterwork, would be worth 4,644,000 total, and would make any dwarf have to change their pants after walking near it.

Also, if you bring one cassiterite and one malachite on embark, you can make two bronze bars, to make two disks, which will ensure that you can buy more bronze/steel next year and explode your economy.  Beware of very early ambushes and enormous migrant waves.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 03:22:28 pm »

It could be that the crazy value multipliers are meant to make them expensive to buy, but that's the only logical reason I can think of. Certainly, being able to embark with trap components would be useful I think.
Pages: 1 [2]