Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's see what we're willing to offer for your craftdwarfship...  (Read 1874 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's see what we're willing to offer for your craftdwarfship...
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:32:07 am »

I neer got what that meant.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's see what we're willing to offer for your craftdwarfship...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:43:37 am »

How much they're willing to pay for your stuff?

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:46:45 am »

"Let us interrupt you so that we might interrupt you in another few seconds, when we will give you a listing of things that we would be willing to purchase at generally higher-than-average prices, so that you might potentially create these things between now and the next caravan, and then sell them for greater profit."

At least, that's what I got.  SKIP!  Here's some more mugs.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:23:32 am »

At least, that's what I got.  SKIP!  Here's some more mugs.

I usually try to produce things that are in demand, but it seems 90% of the time they want heavy, undervalued crap like anvils and ballista parts.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:02:48 pm »

I feel that this thing it's a bit useless.
Infact why worry to build what they ask for and sell them for something like 100 / 120 when you can just build two serrated iron discs and sell them for an insane amount of money?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »

My current mayor is a militia captain with an intense schedule--it's mid summer and I just finally got the message, I wonder if the outpost liason can make it to the capital and back in half a month :)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:07:31 pm »

Infact why worry to build what they ask for and sell them for something like 100 / 120 when you can just build two serrated iron discs and sell them for an insane amount of money?

So you can make more profit of course. If you sell the serrated disks and the thing they ask for your profit increases.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »

So you can make more profit of course. If you sell the serrated disks and the thing they ask for your profit increases.

Yes but even if this is not the thing they asked for, selling two iron discs at 100% it's still more profitable than selling everything else at 150% / 198%.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »

I always have so much junk around that I just ignore their requests and I can still buy out their whole caravan next year. Just selling off all the substandard quality weapons that weaponsmiths make while practicing is good enough to get more than everything you're likely to want.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 01:41:19 pm »

Yes but even if this is not the thing they asked for, selling two iron discs at 100% it's still more profitable than selling everything else at 150% / 198%.

Did you understand my post? Sell the iron discs and what they ask for. Lets say you make a serrated disc. And you sell it. But you want to sell other things as well. Because you use serrated discs for your traps maybe. The other things that you sell might as well be what the traders asked for.

Unless you're saying that the only trade good a fortress makes should be serrated discs and nothing else?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:31 pm »

What he means is, if you can buy out the entire cavaran's good, like purchase their entire trade screen, with two disks, and still have 5k profit for them, what point is there to add another 9k profit from ballista bolts?  It gets it out of your inventory, but there's no reason to dump extra profit on them like that.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 02:27:20 pm »

Just how valuable are serrated discs? If I like what I hear I may start selling them myself.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

Just how valuable are serrated discs? If I like what I hear I may start selling them myself.

If I'm not wrong, around 5k for iron disks. If you go on steel disk you can get around 7k. We are talking of quality stuff of course.
I do not know about adamantine disks, I think it's something insane.
Of course there is not point on wasting adamantine for trading.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 02:48:01 pm »

Hmm, I just made a serrated iron disc and it's worth 6,300 (exceptional quality). This has to be a mistake or something. One iron bar, one fuel, weight 7, that's just too good.

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 02:53:33 pm »

Weaponry is like that, very little material used but high price. I mean who woulden't pay 6k for an exceptional iron disk? there is such accuracy and sharpness in them that allow you to cut the goblins exactly and neatly in the size of your choice.
Pages: [1] 2