Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: You see an elf child...  (Read 11065 times)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You see an elf child...
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 05:51:40 pm »

"Join?"
"I am unfit to brave danger with you."
"Join?"
"I'd... rather not."
"Join?"
"I said no!"
"Join?"
"Get the fuck away from me, skulking filth!"
"...Trade?"
"ARRRRRRRGH!!"
The Elf Child punches Urist McAdventurer in his stupid face, it is mangled!
"Family?"
"DIE DIE DIE!"
The Elf Child grabs Urist McAdventurer by the upper right arm. The Elf Child scratches the upper right arm and the severed part sails off in an arc!
"Service?"
The Elf Child strikes Urist McAdventurer in the head with Urist MacAdventurer's right upper arm, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:00:48 pm by Stone Wera »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 05:58:40 pm »

Give her a big hug, make her your apprentice. Only the most badass elf on the planet would have the elf balls to approach the average blood-and-vomit-stained adventurer.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 07:02:48 pm »

Maybe (if I'm feeling naughty) grab her by her pigtails and punt her all the way back to the forest she came from... Not particularly evil compared to other suggestions, but then again, neither am I.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

Well, I made a reaction to pull muscles out of corpses. Mutilated corpses and body parts may give different stuff. Also, I can make short swords, chests, and piccolos out of anything. Anything. Elf muscle piccolo, anyone? No? Okay.

I think I'll leave reaction modding alone for the most part until we've been given more tools. Lots of promise there, however, even if you aren't twisted and evil.

Also, you can butcher a dead sapient by removing [INTELLIGENT] from its race's definitions in the raws (creature_standard for elves). You might want to add it back afterward, and yes you can do this to raws in a save file. No re-gen necessary.

I'll post my craptastic reactions if anyone wants them, but I will not be insulted if you don't.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »

Well, I made a reaction to pull muscles out of corpses. Mutilated corpses and body parts may give different stuff. Also, I can make short swords, chests, and piccolos out of anything. Anything. Elf muscle piccolo, anyone? No? Okay.

I think I'll leave reaction modding alone for the most part until we've been given more tools. Lots of promise there, however, even if you aren't twisted and evil.

Also, you can butcher a dead sapient by removing [INTELLIGENT] from its race's definitions in the raws (creature_standard for elves). You might want to add it back afterward, and yes you can do this to raws in a save file. No re-gen necessary.

I'll post my craptastic reactions if anyone wants them, but I will not be insulted if you don't.

I WANT THOSE REACTIONS

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 10:08:41 pm »

What Elf Child? All I see is my friendly Spider comrade with a knife who may or may not lay eggs in my foes stomach.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 10:58:36 pm »

Rumrusher, you are like some kind of mad scientist-wizard.

I WANT THOSE REACTIONS

Code: [Select]
reaction_adv

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:SKIN_CORPSE]
[NAME:take an organ from a corpse]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:body:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:body:SKIN]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:body:NONE]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]

[REACTION:MAKE_BAG_ADV]
[NAME:make a container out of pretty much anything]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:skin:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOX:CLOTH:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skin:NONE]
[SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]

[REACTION:MAKE_S_SWORD_ADV]
[NAME:make a short sword out of pretty much anything]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skin:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

[REACTION:MAKE_A_PICCOLO]
[NAME:make a piccolo out of pretty much anything]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_PICCOLO:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skin:NONE]
[SKILL:LYING]

This is a direct copy-paste from my reaction_adv.txt file in the raw folder. I went through all sorts of things to make something that worked this well. The only thing I didn't try was tanning an elf skin -- I could only get elf skin through butchery and raw editing -- and trying to make it into a bag. I was never able to make a bag, but making chests out of stuff is still better than making a "boxes and bag" imo. According to the wiki, BOX is the right constant for bags, and if the product's material is cloth or leather you should get a bag. Maybe I should have tried to make muscle cloth instead of muscle tanned hides, but somehow I think that would have failed too.

After failing to make what I wanted, I just decided to say "screw you" to all reason and logic. I will have my piccolos of dubious construction by whatever means. So I removed all pretense of having proper materials. You can presumably acquire infinite quantities of elf muscle from a single corpse.

I was going to require thread for elf leather bags.

Oh yeah, and I associated making stuff into piccolos with the Lying skill because you must lie to the laws of nature in order to make an elf muscle piccolo. Really, lying is a pretty believable alternative to druidism for magic if you think about it.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »

I can make stuff out of corpses right?

Human Corpse Box?

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »

I can make stuff out of corpses right?

Human Corpse Box?

You know, I haven't tried, but probably. I'm thinking about trying that with a demon corpse at some point, but it will require some preparation.

C'est la vie

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:36 pm »

What about vermin?

Can I have a Fluffy Wambler Bag?

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »

Well, you'll probably wind up with a -fluffy wambler corpse chest- or something like that, but I don't see why not.

AFAIK, this should be able to turn anything you can pick up into a chest, short sword, or piccolo. You can even use these as a template for other "turn anything into anything else" reactions. Here's a list of item and material tokens. (It's down a bit.)

edit: Actually, I have no idea what will happen if you use this on a live creature. Maybe the game will crash or maybe you will commit a crime against nature. Standard for Bay 12, I guess.

C'est la vie

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 11:25:49 pm »

Ima think Ima try

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »

I just checked. You can't even select a creature in the menu. Aw.

C'est la vie

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »

I just checked. You can't even select a creature in the menu. Aw.

RAGEFIT

I just thought, though

What about a sword made from a sword

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »

A sword made out of a sword.... hmmmm , How so I mean you make A Steel Sword Adamantium Sword or just mix up the mettal in the sword ?
Desu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8