Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Personal mods?  (Read 6288 times)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Personal mods?
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:48 pm »

Some custom creatures. I made wild creatures with arms on the sides of their head and 3 eyes, called them Apsaras; they seem to be working well. They're also war-trainable, and have no brain (though decapitating is a reasonable way of killing them, y'know, with the blood loss and all).
I'm also trying to mod in a dryad civilization that basically acts as elfs, only worse, because they have no qualms about butchering/torturing sentient creatures and don't use wooden weapons. This one is... not working so well for some reason. I should go back to the modding subforum sometime soon when I'm getting back into the mood.
Anyway, when I'm done with dryads, I'll mod in a couple more dryad-like animals. Got this urge to give dwarfs even more reasons to hate trees and to launch a magma tsunami towards the invaders.
Other than that, all's vanilla.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 03:36:54 pm »

I edited some useless stones like mica and slate to be edible, it should solve two problems at the same time!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »

Playing with merged Genesis and Wizard Tower.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2011, 07:36:44 pm »

Playing with merged Genesis and Wizard Tower.

That's not a personal mod. o.o;

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »

This thread has changed.  It is now "What are you playing" be it vanilla, personal tweaks, or mainstream mod.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2011, 08:52:51 pm »

I've spent quite a while creating my own creatures and civs.
I created an orc civ with orcs as a separate race from goblins, made some more civilized, friendly by default, kobolds called Cobalds that live in retreats in the mountains, copied all the semi-megabeasts and made an evil civ that chooses between them, and made a human-sized copy of tigermen living in cities that steal items from surrounding civs, making them enemies by default. There were others that I essentially scrapped.

I made a mushroom-man mod, with a few different species each offering something unique and interesting, including a milkable common-domestic species.

I began making some new underground creatures, a cave whale resembling early concepts of cloverfield for one, and a real-world salamander called a mudpuppy for another, then some magma crab variants that need their materials updated so their limbs don't fall off anymore, but haven't added any in a long time.

I then made creatures resembling those on an alien planet show, that basically spend their entire lives in the air, like a sky whale and hug three-eyed birds, a floating jelly-fish like thing with draping tentacles, and a tree-like creature that I want to make slowly digest things alive. I don't use them much because they have a tendency to take over the world, somehow. :-\

I duplicated cave spiders a few times and made them into new species for outdoor use, then made three new variants of GCS that don't shoot webs and can appear outdoors.

I also implemented some dwarven swine someone posted somewhere else, making the females war beasts and leaving males small and weak.

Recently I added a few new species of draconic creatures; wyverns, a basilisk whose venom won't work right (only some of the syndromes will take effect), even more massive emperor dragons, the only new megabeast, and a non-megabeast version of normal dragons. The mountain wyvern, basilisk, and feral dragon simply don't want to appear in worlds you generate, even when they are reconstructed based off one of the functioning creatures, but none of the creatures generate errors when initializing or fail to show up and live just fine in the arena. They all have a new skin type, dragon scale, having the stats of copper and providing dragon scale for armor.

And I've been making custom reactions that create and 'read' books to train dwarves in a skill. It was all going peachy until I realized it would create thousands of individual books from any single roll of cloth. Despite many attempts I can't fix this, so I'm considering making them from leather or stone or something instead just so it works right now.

I really feel like reimplementing some gemstones I made in 40D for use as reagents in some reactions, as well as adding in 'meteorite' stones found in various layers as small clusters or singular pieces, then making them smeltable into various specialized alloys with iron for use with the gems.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »

no aquifers or pet exotics. i always lose a miner when i dig through an aquifer.
LOSING IS FUN!

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »

no aquifers or pet exotics. i always lose a miner when i dig through an aquifer.
oh no not a miner  :'(

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 11:38:56 pm »

I recently added Giant Oxen, the size of a whale and pack animals (like mules, not wolf packs).  I'm also using the Higher Learning Mod, but tweaked to add more areas like blacksmithing and metalcrafting, and reduced the needs for training.  I have no idea who studies so vigorously that they break tablets...

As for the books, what books are made of cloth?  All the books I've seen are paper based!  1 log + 1 leather = 1 book, accounting for paper and the bindings.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

As for the books, what books are made of cloth?  All the books I've seen are paper based!  1 log + 1 leather = 1 book, accounting for paper and the bindings.

Really?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2011, 12:43:13 am »

[MAKE_TROPHY_SENTIENT:ACCEPTABLE]

This is a finely crafted human leather book.  It is adorned with human bone.  On the item is the image of OH GOD IT'S EATING MY SOUL! in finely crafted gold.

GL12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2011, 05:44:34 am »

My raws still have "Gnomebane" in them, basically I took copper, made it melt at just below gnome body temp, and then gave it the same syndrome as Gnomeblight has. Make bolts out of it and suddenly stuckin=death sentence.  The arena testing I did worked quite well, but sadly I'm not skilled enough to make it so that it's forgable in game, at least not at the moment. That's a research project for another day.

Although, now I'm tempted to make a custom goblinbane. Hehehehehe.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »

I've removed aquifers and made cats all unable to reproduce because I'm too lazy to deal with it, changed all [PET_EXOTIC]s into [PET]s and added the [PET] tag to numerous creatures for my own amusement.

Other than that, I'm mostly playing with the half-functional bits and pieces of a rather large mod I've been slowly working on, which adds a lot more weird fantasy creatures and plants to the game.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2011, 01:01:50 pm »

[MAKE_TROPHY_SENTIENT:ACCEPTABLE]

This is a finely crafted human leather book.  It is adorned with human bone.  On the item is the image of OH GOD IT'S EATING MY SOUL! in finely crafted gold.

Book binders tape is made of fabric.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

Added Dracon (see avatar) added Orcs, added various video game beasties (Behemoth, Grass Assassin, Chocobo) Modified vanilla dragon (wings, reduced age requirement for full size to 400, renamed to Red Dragon), added green black and white dragons, gave kobolds tails, added mithril (slightly better than steel for weapons. Average for armor. Light. found in silver an platinum veins), extended wing bodyparts (vanilla, non-wrestleable, and flightless), added new weapons, significantly expanded adventure mode crafting, custom world params, custom macros, custom announcement settings, custom language file(thanks DFLang!), custom taunts.

And my next thing I'll probably do is a custom arena.

P.S. Oh yea, added custom workshops, custom reactions, custom plants... and my only modification that feels almost like cheating.  A custom workshop that requires 1 crossbow and 3 rocks to make.  Somebody brings a stack of bolts to it and they gain some skill in crossbow use for every bolt used in the reaction.

^ All of this made myself.  Although hardly any of it is unique, so it's probably all been done before.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:25:47 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7