Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365560 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5790 on: July 22, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »

I don't mind being called pro-Israel, but that doesn't mean I would defend everything Israeli governments do or everything Israelis say. I'm aware they have religious and/or nationalist nutjobs too.
If you read back what I wrote in this thread about the current conflict (it's not that much), you'll see that it mostly concerns stuff that happens here and misguided sympathies for Hamas, so I don't know why you'd think I would have an elaborate opinion on that guy (from looking him up, I don't agree with his positions).
I didn't mean Pro-Israel in the bad way, believe it or not, I just mostly remembered you posting some positive Israel posts and not being... like that... about it, which is why I namedropped you. While my opinions on burningpet are clear, I think you're pretty alright even if we disagree about some stuff. I mostly asked because the more I learn about him, the more it seems like he's a major obstacle to the peace process and a major reason why what's happening now is happening. He, and his party, seem to have a decent chunk of responsibility for basically intentionally sabotaging the last round of peace talks, and seems to be a constant force making it more difficult for peace to happen, and has pretty much outright called for genocide (not in so many words, but that's been the clear thrust of some of his speeches).

I was actually just hoping to get a viewpoint on the guy from someone who isn't already inclined, for obvious reasons, to think he's basically a terrible monster of a human being, and being a leader of the coalition government he's one of the major players in this affair.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: July 22, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »

The problem with integration is you can't force it, really. You have to let it happen on its own. Maybe make it easier, but if the people don't want to integrate, there's nothing you can really do to make them.

American Civil Rights movement? Desegregation?

I disagree you can't force integration. People with a vested interest in isolation will never budge, so they have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the new world.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:02 pm »

https://twitter.com/caseysjournal/status/491282354778816512

I don't mind being called pro-Israel, but that doesn't mean I would defend everything Israeli governments do or everything Israelis say. I'm aware they have religious and/or nationalist nutjobs too.
If you read back what I wrote in this thread about the current conflict (it's not that much), you'll see that it mostly concerns stuff that happens here and misguided sympathies for Hamas, so I don't know why you'd think I would have an elaborate opinion on that guy (from looking him up, I don't agree with his positions).
I didn't mean Pro-Israel in the bad way, believe it or not, I just mostly remembered you posting some positive Israel posts and not being... like that... about it, which is why I namedropped you. While my opinions on burningpet are clear, I think you're pretty alright even if we disagree about some stuff. I mostly asked because the more I learn about him, the more it seems like he's a major obstacle to the peace process and a major reason why what's happening now is happening. He, and his party, seem to have a decent chunk of responsibility for basically intentionally sabotaging the last round of peace talks, and seems to be a constant force making it more difficult for peace to happen, and has pretty much outright called for genocide (not in so many words, but that's been the clear thrust of some of his speeches).

I was actually just hoping to get a viewpoint on the guy from someone who isn't already inclined, for obvious reasons, to think he's basically a terrible monster of a human being, and being a leader of the coalition government he's one of the major players in this affair.

Except, he joined politics only in 2006 and gained enough political power in 2012.  :o

Your arguments, again, are just simply baseless and biased opinion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:50:03 pm by burningpet »

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: July 22, 2014, 01:48:08 pm »

... Because we don't agree that Hamas is the only thing supporting Hamas?

We... We can disagree about something like that without it meaning that we are, all of us, gooey over Hamas, you know.

Yes. but, since hamas terror is the major reason for palestine suffering and its "support", then simply not being gooey about it almost as supporting it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: July 22, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

then simply not being gooey about it almost as supporting it.
False dichotomy.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: July 22, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »

Well, as I said I had to look him up and from that he does not look good at all. I don't remember hearing a lot about him before, he's new to politics apparently. There are several political movements in Israel that historically have been and still are a hindrance to the peace process (Settlers, the religious and nationalist right). I don't know if Bennett can be singled out among those as a particular obstacle, there are certainly worse, but then he is part of the current government. (Israeli politics can be quite confusing, with small splinter parties and some other pecularities, and with the changing coalition governments and everchanging party names.)
It seems to me (from an outside perspective) generally speaking that hardliners have gained political influence in the last 10,15 years, which may be sort of a reaction to the developments in the Middle East as a whole and the continued conflict with the Palestinians, and as such is understandable (though also maybe not helpful). You get controversial statements even from people in more moderate parties, like Avigdor Liebermann, though that is not representative of Israeli politicians as a whole.

Bennett's peace plan doesn't look very feasable, I still think a 2 state solution would ultimately be more promising. Then I'm generally pessimistic about all peace plans, since so many have failed already.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: July 22, 2014, 02:32:47 pm »

We... We can disagree about something like that without it meaning that we are, all of us, gooey over Hamas, you know.

Yes. but, since hamas terror is the major reason for palestine suffering and its "support", then simply not being gooey about it almost as supporting it.

And Hamas' terror only exists because of what Israel is doing against the Palestinians. It's a lot like being an adult and shoving a little kid around until the little kid finally fights back and slaps you. And after you get slapped, then you go on to beat him half to death, and feign surprise whenever he resents you.

The UN requested a 5-hour ceasefire that was rejected by Israel for security reasons. And Al-Jazeera's Gazan offices had shots fired at them earlier today.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: July 22, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »

You arguments, again, are just simply baseless and biased opinion.

:0
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:03 pm »

And Hamas' terror only exists because of what Israel is doing against the Palestinians. It's a lot like being an adult and shoving a little kid around until the little kid finally fights back and slaps you. And after you get slapped, then you go on to beat him half to death, and feign surprise whenever he resents you.

The UN requested a 5-hour ceasefire that was rejected by Israel for security reasons. And Al-Jazeera's Gazan offices had shots fired at them earlier today.

Quoting al jazeera is like quoting IDF spokesmen.

And no, Hamas terror doesn't only exists because of what israel is doing against palestinians. its like saying north korea only exist as dictatorship because the US are boycotting it because its a dictatorship. there ARE bad guys. 

Hamas wants an islamic caliphate that controls ALL of israel. how is that israel fault?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »

Since the earlier tweet i posted has been erased, here it is again

Palywood at its finest.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: July 22, 2014, 03:06:06 pm »

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil/isis-forces-iraq-shopkeepers-veil-mannequins-n162131

Let me just remind here that ISIS is Hamas. they want the exact same goals, only on different parts of the middle east.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »

Ye gods, learn to edit.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »

And no, Hamas terror doesn't only exists because of what israel is doing against palestinians. its like saying north korea only exist as dictatorship because the US are boycotting it because its a dictatorship. there ARE bad guys. 

Hamas wants an islamic caliphate that controls ALL of israel. how is that israel fault?

There's nothing wrong with quoting Al-Jazeera when they report on something that happened to them, like their offices being attacked. Likewise, if an Israeli soldier were killed, an IDF spokesman would be the first person I'd listen to. I was saying that Israel's treatment of Palestine is the main reason terror against Israel exists. It's more like whenever people here in America think that terrorists hate us because we're free, when they actually hate us because of our constant interventionism and support of secular dictatorships. Hamas is going to exist as long as Israel continues to kill hundreds of Palestinian civilians. Also, Hamas doesn't want Israel to be destroyed, at least not anymore. They now want a return to 1967 borders.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: July 22, 2014, 03:18:37 pm »

There's nothing wrong with quoting Al-Jazeera when they report on something that happened to them, like their offices being attacked. Likewise, if an Israeli soldier were killed, an IDF spokesman would be the first person I'd listen to. I was saying that Israel's treatment of Palestine is the main reason terror against Israel exists. It's more like whenever people here in America think that terrorists hate us because we're free, when they actually hate us because of our constant interventionism and support of secular dictatorships. Hamas is going to exist as long as Israel continues to kill hundreds of Palestinian civilians. Also, Hamas doesn't want Israel to be destroyed, at least not anymore. They now want a return to 1967 borders.

So why they refused to change that part in their charter and their educational text books?

Hamas is going to exist and attempt to kill israeli civilians because that's what radical terror organizations do. it has nothing to do with israel, we are just sadly happen to be in the neighborhood.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »

Hamas has said time and time again, that they will not stop until Israel is driven into the sea.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 416