Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 6.3 - Game Over: Town Gets Lucky. Survivor Loses Only Brother. :'(  (Read 129465 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 1: Sheriff Org
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:36 am »

Jack AT: Always been more wary of third parties, make the game much less predictable, and since information is key they make the job much harder. Also, often harder to spot, while having the same amount of killing power.

Toaster: Destroyed a few misconceptions i had ( some cult got no head graaah) and to never consider anybody a confirmed townie (hahaha). Other than that my town game need to get better, so i will work on it. Never played a kingmaker too, so we will see.

Org:Do you intend to go with majority or select what you actually believe is the best option?

Zath: Do you believe the kingmaker style is more usefull to scum or to town, or Sk ?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:23 am »

Pandarsenic:  Are you the alien exterminator?

No.

Also, oh god what is this.

Org, will you use this power for good or for evil?
My power mayyyyyy be used for good.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2011, 08:00:35 am »

SaintDraze: I haven't played a game with you before. How skilled would you say you are at mafia? What do you hope to learn from this game?

Book: Org's response indicates that (he believes/he wants us to believe) that him being sheriff isn't part of his role. What do you propose should be done if somebody's role randomly selects a king each day?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2011, 11:47:37 am »

Mindmaker: How do you think the sheriff selection procedure works?

Well, it's probably his role.
Question is, which side he's on.

Mindmaker, do you think Org will make a good king?  If he executed town today and you became King tomorrow, what would make you consider executing Org?  Besides that, what criteria would you use to evaluate a potential executee?

I don't see how anybody could make a good king at day one. It's all down to someones whim at this stage of game.
People that are most likely to get lynched are lurkers and people who haven't "learned" to be town, but most of the time are.
Wouldn't consider him a prime candidate for lynching after as mislynch. We all would have had an equally hard time making this decision, as well as equal chances of screwing up.

Criteria? Well I'm not a big fan of those scumtells everyone is talking about, since most of the time they fail anyway. The only thing they do, is forcing players into accepted
behavioural patterns, making the game very unnatural and stiff, as well as making hiding for scum easy.

Just watch the player interaction, adress anything that strikes you as odd, evaluate the answers given, make a mental note and continue to watch said players or press them if there seems to be something wrong with them.

Anyway. Org, all eyes are turned towards you. What are you planning to do with your power?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2011, 12:22:48 pm »

Mindmaker: How do you think the sheriff selection procedure works?

Well, it's probably his role.
Question is, which side he's on.

Org's?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:00 pm »

SaintDraze: I haven't played a game with you before. How skilled would you say you are at mafia? What do you hope to learn from this game?

I would say That I am anti-skilled... I hope to learn how a BYOR game is played I guess...

If sheriff is orgs role It would be safe to assume that it's town unless it's Corrupted sheriff...

Now... NativeForeigner: suppose If org is actually scum (or a third party?),who would you suppose he would lynch, Toaster-The most experienced of us, apparently since he was IC in the current BM that is on right now...
Or Book, No doubt the douchiest player so far.
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:33 pm »

If sheriff is orgs role It would be safe to assume that it's town unless it's Corrupted sheriff...

Actually, the alignments are assigned randomly, except in some rare cases.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2011, 12:39:59 pm »

Actually, the alignments are assigned randomly, except in some rare cases.
Really? Okay then.. I don't know what to think about org's alignment...
I wonder if scum has scumchat... If they don't then Org is probably just as in the dark as we are... so all he is depending on is info from questioning...

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

Draze: Toaster's not the most experienced, and Book's not the douchiest. Not in this game anyway...

Besides, what would those attributes have to do with the choice? Are those criteria you would have used to choose? And why didn't you include anyone else?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »

I would say That I am anti-skilled... I hope to learn how a BYOR game is played I guess...

Now... NativeForeigner: suppose If org is actually scum (or a third party?),who would you suppose he would lynch, Toaster-The most experienced of us, apparently since he was IC in the current BM that is on right now...
Or Book, No doubt the douchiest player so far.

Neither. Org might seem useless the first time you play with him, but he's not stupid. I'm fairly certain he would lynch the scummiest, non-scum player.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:27 pm »

Draze: Toaster's not the most experienced, and Book's not the douchiest. Not in this game anyway...

Besides, what would those attributes have to do with the choice? Are those criteria you would have used to choose? And why didn't you include anyone else?
Well yes Thats the criteria I would have chosen by if I had king as scum... get the most experienced player out of the way or get the player that called meh a noob and hurt my feelers... :(

The truth about not picking anyone else is that I have no clue about any of you guys Im just getting my info on past games I have played...

Yah that was a stupid question I asked...

Everyone-How many games have you played, and out of those games when were you scum?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »

W   L
T     1   6
M     5   3
3     2   3

Total 8   12

Plus four games that never finished, one that's not over, and this one.  I blame my low town game count on Meph.

What do you hope to get from that question?  What makes you say I'm most experienced?  At best I'd put myself in the top 5 of this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »

22, including, yes, four unfinished games.
Plus a few that are not over.
Plus one on XKCD forums.
Plus IRC.

This includes games I replaced into.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:07 pm »

Which is three or four.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:39 pm »

Everyone-How many games have you played, and out of those games when were you scum?

Are you just curious, or is this supposed to yield some greater insight?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48