Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 6.3 - Game Over: Town Gets Lucky. Survivor Loses Only Brother. :'(  (Read 129473 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 3: Toaster's Toasted And Pandarsenic's Mind Is Poisoned
« Reply #450 on: February 26, 2011, 02:13:23 am »

I believe this would be a good time for me to answer many of the unanswered questions we've ended up with over the course of the game, by taking a huge risk.

I am Tom Lehrer, a singer/songwriter/pianist/comedian/satirist/mathematician/university math teacher.  I am the one who plays the music on the jukebox.  (Next song will be I Hold Your Hand In Mine, by the way.  "I hold your hand in mine, dear, I press it to my lips...I take a healthy bite from your dainty fingertips...")

I know little about my role.  Before the game, I had to choose the order of a list of songs.  I play one each day, in order.  Those are my powers.  I don't know what the songs do until the day that I sing them.

Day 1, the song was "The Wild West Is Where I Want To Be".  I was Kingmaker.  I chose Org to spur him into activity.  I don't pretend to know why I thought that would be a good idea, but hey, he lynched a scum ally, so meh.

Day 2, I sang My Home Town.  I was invincible.  If I had been dead at the time, I would've come back to life for that day.

Today, it's The Hunting Song.  All non-kill actions, such as Pandarsenic's hammering, fail.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2011, 02:20:00 am »

My ability is... Wow rolefish, NF. Anyway, being a badass bookworm allows me to select a persons' ability and use a 'more refined' version of it on someone else. I used Read Pandarsenic X (where x is an element of the players) and I was told 'Inspect successful, target is town.' I didn't directly quote the PM, so I'm not breaking the rules, am I?

Yes, totally rolefishing of your already-revealed power. I was just asking you to elaborate, which you did, thanks. So that seems like you can't use it on dead people. I do believe that you missed the point of my question, however. How do you know that it was part of Pandar's role that gave you the inspect? It seems unlikely that he would have a hidden role that didn't show on his flip, especially an inspect, and it seems much more likely that you would have acquired his hammer ability.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:31 am »

My ability is... Wow rolefish, NF. Anyway, being a badass bookworm allows me to select a persons' ability and use a 'more refined' version of it on someone else. I used Read Pandarsenic X (where x is an element of the players) and I was told 'Inspect successful, target is town.' I didn't directly quote the PM, so I'm not breaking the rules, am I?

Yes, totally rolefishing of your already-revealed power. I was just asking you to elaborate, which you did, thanks. So that seems like you can't use it on dead people. I do believe that you missed the point of my question, however. How do you know that it was part of Pandar's role that gave you the inspect? It seems unlikely that he would have a hidden role that didn't show on his flip, especially an inspect, and it seems much more likely that you would have acquired his hammer ability.

...Pandarsenic is a cultist.  His original role is not the one that flipped.  His role was artificially changed by a cult leader.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2011, 02:23:02 am »

...Pandarsenic is a cultist.  His original role is not the one that flipped.  His role was artificially changed by a cult leader.

Oh, shoot. Does his role change when he changes as well? Hrm, I thought that was only with revivocults.

Still, my question remains.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2011, 03:05:06 pm »

All I know is that I said to use his power on someone, and then I was told that that person was a townie.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2011, 03:34:17 pm »

Okay, thanks.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »

Wuba: Does a normal cult generally replace a recruit's role/abilities or is that something that only a revivocult generally does?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

Zrk2: When did you use Pandarsenic's power?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2011, 03:56:59 pm »

Wuba: Does a normal cult generally replace a recruit's role/abilities or is that something that only a revivocult generally does?
Depends on the Cult. There are SEVERAL various types. I wouldn't ask about normal Cults in a game like BYOR, as there is usually nothing normal about some roles in this game.

Generally though, a normal Cult has a single Cult Leader that recruits players that become powerless Cultists.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30:17 pm »

Well since everybody is claiming and I'm being useless anyway, I might as well join in.

3 one-shot abilities.
One that makes a player loose his vote, but I loose mine as well.
One that makes me unlynchable for a day, as well as another player.
And one, where I die during the night and revive anyone who would have died that night.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »

All I know is that I said to use his power on someone, and then I was told that that person was a townie.
You used your Power on Pandar when?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51:43 pm »

Depends on the Cult. There are SEVERAL various types. I wouldn't ask about normal Cults in a game like BYOR, as there is usually nothing normal about some roles in this game.

Generally though, a normal Cult has a single Cult Leader that recruits players that become powerless Cultists.

Thanks, that kind of helps.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2011, 05:54:16 pm »

Okay, I'm going to do a partial claim.

I used an inspect on Zrk2. It was a one-shot inspect (my only inspect ability) and part of my role basically causes anyone I target to target me with the same ability I used on them. So, Zrk2: Your inspect came from me, not Pandar. And it targeted me, not whoever you targeted.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2011, 10:04:53 pm »

Eh. Not believing it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2011, 12:18:54 am »

Eh. Not believing it.

And I don't buy yours, either. So we're even.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48