Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74903 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #945 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:20 pm »

Balls in sauce!

Alright, on to the themed characters!

Name: Gluttony
Race: Dwarf
Skills: 5 Biter
Items: Iron Helmet, Iron Breastplate, Iron Greaves, Iron Gauntlet X2
Bio: Can I eat him?

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 04, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

Previously, the dwarven army made its first victim, after enduring many losses. The tall ones' ranged support is something they did not pay enough attention to. But now, they have a chance to regain their footing, the archers are rapidly running out of ammo, and dwarves are known to fight best when seriously outnumbered anyway!

Bashy had started the fight very well, dodging blows left and right and cutting off one of the allied army general's foot, seriously lowering the threat he poses. However, a timely fairie silver arrow stopped him before he could deal anymore damage, and his weak strikes were easily deflected by the wounded human. Defending as best he could, in the melee he had no room to avoid Johnathan's desperate charge, and he got knocked over, right at the feet of a grinning Emacac. A lash to the torso bruises his kidney and knocks him out of breath, another to the foot made sure he couldn't run away, however unlikely that was. Johnathan then breaks yet another finger, while Emacac disables his left hand with a mighty slash, and Aximus takes his revenge by chopping off his right one. Emacac finishes him off with his trademark lash to the head.

Liberal Dmite II also started the battle quite well, damaging the dangerous Feelf while suffering minor injuries. However, his luck would soon run out. The sheer number of attacks directed against him was too much to handle alone. Aximus sliced his shield hand off, while Johnathan stabbed him in the upper body, damaging his right lung. Hungryman then broke one finger, all the while a bolt hit his right leg. Feelf kicked the dwarf in retaliation before moving on to other foes, and the dwarf's desperate attack attempts fail when an arrow joins the bolt stuck in his leg. Unconscious, he now stands before another elf, Powder Spearelf, who takes advantage of his downed foe to stab him in the head, the leather hood he was wearing unable to weaken even slightly the blow.

If you think Liberal Dmite II's luck was bad, wait until you hear about Kuppo. He also managed to wound Feelf, which is surprising since most of her skill lie in defense, but then had to suffer in quick succession attacks from Powder Spearelf, a charge from Hungryman, a kick from Feelf, a bruised lung from Emacac, the loss of his right arm by Random Elf, and finally the cutting off of his left leg by Aximus. None of the humans or elves seemed to bother finishing him off at this point, and Random even insisted on biting and shaking around his only hand. Poor Kuppo eventually let go of life, blood loss claiming him since his opponents would not.

But what of Urist Deathgrasp, the only dwarf to manage a killing blow for the dwarven army ? An iron bolt put a quick end to his killing spree, disabling his right leg. That however wasn't enough to stop the enraged dwarf, as he kept bashing both Johnathan and Aximus, inflicting serious wounds. An arrow would spell his doom, as it strikes in his right arm and makes him lose hold of his weapon. Johnathan then goes berserk on the wounded warrior, chopping off his arm, stabbing his lung, sending his left arm flying away and finally cutting off his head.

Connan now stands alone against the 9 fighters of the human-elven army, and he manages to regain consciousness just in time to see all of them zeroing in on him, not intent on showing any mercy. Pain, and maybe fear, make the dwarf pass out again, and Hungryman puts an end to the last dwarven fighter of the arena by a bash to the head.

Spoiler: Combat Report (Part 3) (click to show/hide)

Confirmed kills so far:

Hungryman - 2
Emacac - 2
Callahan - 1
Random Elf #3208 - 1
Powder Spearelf - 1
Johnathan Viltaris Falcon - 1

Urist Deathgrasp - 1

Your host, a dwarf himself, has now no choice but to leave the arena as well, or suffer the might of the humans and elves that showed these last hours their complete supremacy. I have faith in some of our younger human staff to keep the place alive in my absence, and hope to come back again once things have settled down between our countries.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:40:11 pm by kzel »

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 04, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »

"The punishment is fifty lashes. Ten for your weakness, ten for your insolence, ten for your arrogance, ten for your short stature, and ten for thinking you could win."

-Emacac

So, what's the prize?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:27 pm »

For you and Hungryman, three skills points and three shadowsteel items.

For Callahan, Random Elf #3208, Johnathan Viltaris Falcon and Powder Spearelf, two skill points and two shadowsteel items.

Finally, Aximus Prime, Mr. Pointy Stick and Feelf get one skill point and one shadowsteel item.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #949 on: March 04, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »

Nice, 30 item points.
Gonna need you to update the fighters list one last time Kzel, if you want me to take over.
Also what graphics set are you using?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 04, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »

Sure, I'll update the list after all the winners give their choices. In the meantime, I've applied your previous choices to Hungryman. Your fighter's current state is :

Owner:rarborman
Name:Hungryman
Race:human
Skills: 3 mace, 3 shield
Items: Steel shield, Steel morningstar, hungry head leather (armor, helm, 2gloves, 2chausse)
Last Fight: 2011-02-19
-------------------------------

You cannot take an item and then exchange it for the full cost, otherwise what's the point of choosing equipment points anyway. When you reclaim an item, it's half price with a minimum of 2 for iron and above, and full price for copper and leather. I changed the fairie silver morningstar (7 points) for a steel one (5 points), since you reclaimed your starting iron weapon (2 pts) and a steel item (3 pts). Of course if you take over you're welcome to change the system as you see fit.

I am using Mayday's graphics for 31.18 adapted to 31.19. If you want, I can upload the full save file, complete with warriors already generated (so you can have people's names in the log and show their specific tile) and a python script to automatically add more.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 04, 2011, 05:48:38 pm »

New character:
Connan III
items, skills, etc should be the starting ones from Connan II please.

Bio:Preparing to avenge his late father in the arena.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »

Owner: Zifnab
Name: Mr. Pointy Sticks
Race: Elf
Skills: Archer 8
Items: shadowsteel chain mail, steel helm, copper high boots x2, copper bow, shadowsteel gauntlet, copper gauntlet, copper chain leggings, fairie silver arrows x5

A point in archery, and shadowsteel chain mail.  I'll trade my copper chain mail and leather boots in for 2 copper boots.

From the bets, I believe I have 1 from winning the bet, 0.5 from winning the match, and 3 from betting a good material item.

I'd like to use these 4.5 points and 1.5 from trading in the loincloth and copper helm to get copper chain leggings and a steel helm.

Mr. Pointy Stick will still run out of arrows too quickly, but at least he has a full suit of armor now.  Mismatched as it is.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #953 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

ok, send me the save after you get done.
I didnt really know about the refund thing.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:33 pm »

I vote myself MVP of the Dwarven Army!
I also make a new guy
Name: Urist LifeGrasp
Skills: 4 Mace 1 Shield
Equipment: 1 iron Morningstar 1 iron shield Full copper full set.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

Dangit.

Oh well, another character it is...

Name: Shooty McShooterton
Race: Kobold
Skills: Bowbold 5
Equipment: Featherwood bow, (Which I'm assuming is .5 points) 10 bronze arrows, leather armor, leather helm, two leather high boots, Two leather gauntlets, leather pants (Which many people forget to wear in this arena), a leather chuasse, and a leather robe. (I'd prefer if all leather is from forgotten beasts or megabeasts, but its up to you)
Bio: Shooty learned the value of shooting after being caught stealing a crossbow, when he accidentally pulled the trigger and skewered the guard to the wall.

By the way, pets could be an interesting addition to this.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2011, 06:24:46 pm »

I'll see about it...but I'm not promising anything.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »

I thought about introducing pets, assigning animals to tiers and requiring investment in the animal trainer skill to tame them.
Something like

Code: [Select]
Animal Trainer Skill - Available Pet
1                    - Cat, Fox
2                    - Groundhog
3                    - Dog
4                    - Leopard
5                    - Tiger

with a cost of "tier level" per animal in equipment points. I didn't run enough tests to make balanced animal tiers though.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

WOW! Not only did I survive, but got a kill! I trade in my steel spears for 2 points each, and keep the shadowsteel as points, merging the points to get 2 adamantium spears! OH yeah! Both points go into spearelf.

SVOTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:06 pm »

i think that Callahan should be made arena champion now. Anyone with me?
Also I have gone into depression . . . stupid finger.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77