Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74928 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2011, 04:51:24 pm »

mine should be interesting...

yeah I agree on the modded materials part.

also: i kinda forgot, but can you have 2 axes and a shield normally? could you change some stuff between them?
(I want a dual-wielding dude with a shield. Duh.)

not sure how that could work.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »

YAY!!! Utter slaughter!!
+1 to axe
And I'll take the right boot.

Hehehehe....Tempest is living up to his name.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2011, 07:02:05 pm »

Rawr! I be a kitty!

Thus Ragathgare succeeded at being the one thing he wanted in life: taller. All it took was dieing and then violating several laws of nature!

I'll take +1 to fighter, and uh... I'm only aloud to take whats on him, right? Can I get like an equipment list or somethin'?

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2011, 09:21:54 pm »

Whaat? Mogg fight?

Mogg get 1 level in shield user and da pointy-ear's cape!
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2011, 10:16:40 pm »

Rawr! I be a kitty!

Thus Ragathgare succeeded at being the one thing he wanted in life: taller. All it took was dieing and then violating several laws of nature!

I'll take +1 to fighter, and uh... I'm only aloud to take whats on him, right? Can I get like an equipment list or somethin'?
Yeah, Vii had Iron Scourge, iron Breastplate, iron Greaves, iron Highboot

Well we have a vicious fight ahead of this, two of our bloodiest fighters shall face off in battle to the death.

Wraith, Elvish mistress of agony.

Vs.

Powder Maceman, Mortal father of wrath.

Wraith is a vision of darkness made flesh with her chain mail and lashing whip, calm and collected despite her obvious malice. Powder is as usual the antithesis of such calm, screaming unintelligible half syllables at everything from Wraith, to the floor, to his own flails, and to pretty much every single object within sight. (And several that can't be seen.) Fire and ice those two... fire and ice.

Powder has gained gained the upper hand, completely shattering Wraith's left arm and her right leg. Wraith has only managed to bruise powder's left foot, her calm has been broken though and she is now enraged... and unconscious. Powder may have another beatdown victory on his hands.

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. "

-Robert Frost

Wraith has given up the ghost, her impressive abilities were unable to save her in the end. Fire beats ice it seems. She has however completely shattered Kipi's record for longest injury/combat log. This though is probably cold comfort, well actually seeing as she's dead she really wouldn't be comforted warm or cold.

Since The combat log is 66 pages long I will instead be substituting Wraith's injury log.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2011, 10:45:08 pm »

(OOC: Wow.)

JebdelkREEEEEEEdolbevvv!

I want a point in armor user, and her mail shirt to stack over my breastplate!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2011, 11:02:15 pm »

High boot it is then!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2011, 11:43:16 pm »

Alright, this is a quasi-special fight in honor of the combatant Dangur Mczown. In addition to the normal combat there will be a single tigershark dropped into the middle of the arena, due to unavailability there will not be a Frickin' laser beam on its head.

Dangur Mczown, master of the danger zone and headsman extraordinaire.

Vs.

Violence Jork, new kid with a scourge and a mean streak

Dangur seems to be amusing himself by drawing little pictures of flaming elves in the stone with his axe, the detail is really quite extraordinary. Jork appears to be attempting to whip some of the more pesty flies out of the air with his scourge, a problem since many of them live on him. The shark however merely thinks "Oh no, not again.".

The Human and the goblin briefly set aside their differences and beat the shark to death, Dangur shows his shear animalism by biting the shark!! The shark tries to bite them but lacking water it has the agility of a moose on a marbles. After the shark has been dealt with Dangur and Jork begin killing each other, Jork becomes enraged and slices Dangur's leg open. Dangur seems unimpressed and cuts Jorks hand off.

Dangur is on a roll as he slices Jork's foot off and slams his axe repeatedly into Jorks right hand and arm, causing massive bleeding. Looking like more a puke green than his usual mold green Jork keels over, spilling blood all over he floor. In a strange coincidence the blood from jorks body fills in the little drawings of flames that Dangur made earlier... very strange.

Well done Dangur, even without a danger room you have slaughtered you foe. You've done your trainer proud, take your rewards and use them well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2011, 12:35:37 am »

Zefon is still waiting for his shot at the arena!! please put him in so he can put a pick in someone :]
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2011, 01:04:49 am »

sweeeet. mail shirt. shield user +1.
although, don't set that in stone. is it possible for me to dual-wield with a shield too?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2011, 01:35:17 am »

Damnit, I thought for sure lashing was the way to go. Ah well, let's see how many more future corpses I can churn out!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2011, 01:50:36 am »

hammers/maces would probably work better against me since I'm in fairly full armor. You actually bruised my leg only because I was wearing at least 1 pair of protective stuff on them. otherwise I would probably have passed out from pain.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2011, 01:55:23 am »

Yeah, I'm noticing that blunt weapons are handheld genocide. I don't normally think much of them, but clearly I'm due for a change of tactics.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2011, 01:56:55 am »

After next battle I'm getting leather armor for at least my head and torso. then hands, then legs.
then MURDER.
unless...

... so is is possible to dual-wield? I'm gonna try this in the arena now, but that might be inconclusive...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2011, 03:45:00 am »

Voxnar win fight!  Take left gauntlet for good luck.  Up hammer skill to six.  Not need other fancy skill.  Hammer work fine without.

Current stats:

Name: Voxnar
Race: Human
Skill: 6 Hammer
Items: 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 1 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 iron gauntlet (left)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77