Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74957 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »

1 pig iron brick and +1 armor using for Gaaben.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:38 pm »

Even if I gave Joe an actual weapon, he would of have only hit him once... ouch. :o

So, Ragathgare is reincarnated then?

If you like, I mean Kzel came back as a badass cave swallow that blocks blowdarts, bites snakes in face, and shoves pikes through people's brains.
That would be dandy like candy.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2011, 12:40:56 am »

Annnnnnnd new guy is new.

Name: Violence Jork
Race: Goblin
Skill Choices: Lasher 2, Dodge 2, Fighter 1
Items choosen: Scourge, shield, mail shirt, leggings, helmet
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2011, 12:46:29 am »

Hmmm... Long night
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:48:45 am by Javarock »
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2011, 01:30:26 am »

Okay last fight to come Immediately After this but now have the very tentative metal progression + new item creation sheet.

The metal's will go like this,  Copper->Iron->Bronze->Steel->Faerie Silver*->Shadowsteel*->Adamantium

Each tier is 10% Increase in quality, while it does makes for more humdrum breaks it also eliminates the massive gaps between the metals that made it very difficult to offer non-generic equipment.

Also possible change to the system, need feedback on, is whether you can get anything other than iron on character generation. If this were to be implemented you would get 10 points to spend on items, and the material of the item dictates how much it costs.

So say Copper costs 1, iron 2, Bronze 3, Steel 5, Faerie Silver* 7, Shadowsteel* 10, Adamantium 15.

You can go with the standard 5 iron, or you can downgrade a little and grab a full suit of armor at the cost of it being slightly lower quality, or go all out offensive and grab a Shadowsteel Great axe and nothing else. Also if this were implemented you would have the option to reject any item from your opponent's corpse and convert their best item into points at half the point value of the original item. (Minimum 2)

If an experienced character wished to upgrade their Arms or Armor because they had filled all of their armor slots they would PM me with what they wanted and I'd update them.     

*Custom alloys of silver-diamond and steel-slade respectively.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2011, 02:13:42 am »

Alright while it is technically tomorrow this is our last match of the night, Dwarf on goblin Mayhem! (Also thorzog, You kinda neglected to give your client a spear, so I took off one of his boots and gave him a spear so he can have some chance. I hope you don't mind.)

Zog, the goblin Spearman!

Vs.

Tempest, The dual axe wielding dwarf...

Well folks it looks like we have a tough set, Tempest is a berserker who has a fondness for chopping holes in his opponent while Zog is a goblin who likes stabbing holes in things. You'd think with hobbies like that they could be friends, but no. Dwarves and Goblins don't mix, like potassium and water, falling Bodies and ground, Dwarves and sobriety... this list goes on and on but the short version is, it just doesn't work. Unless of course they happen to be trying to kill each other in which case the two work in perfect harmony.

The two clash together and tempest goes at him with unmatched ferocity, slicing Zog's arms and legs open. Zog is all but helpless against this assault of blows rains down around him. Tempest gets a solid hit in and parts Zog from his right wrist, it's a good thing zog was a lefty or there would be no hope left.

Tempest just keeps up has storm of blows and the blood just keeps flowing, Zog manages to break Tempest's perfect undamaged record by stabbing him in the foot with his spear. Tempest responds with a heavy cross chop that sends Zog's left arm flying. At this point blood loss takes its toll and Zogg finally keels over, succumbing to massive exsanguination.

Well done tempest, An axe in the goblin is better than two in the hand, but when get into two axes in the goblin... well that's just a whole new tier of awesome. Chose your prize victor.
Victors Combat log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2011, 03:35:30 am »

GNOME WANTS TO FIGHT!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2011, 06:03:35 am »

Pretty nice, I can fly now and all I had to do was die horribly dismembered. Also, suffer a strange reincarnation ritual. And learn to speak without teeth. Too bad my brain has suffered or I would just fly and stab people while out of reach of their puny weapons :)

I'll take two point in cave-swallow-pikeman. I'll stash the bar of pig iron of course, although I'm not sure how it'll fit in the new system.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2011, 11:27:42 am »

You're still more sane than Powder Maceman XD. I'd LOVE to see him in a team event.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2011, 11:39:10 am »

Okay I get to help out with my local charities (Go me, go.) today so I'm gone until 5. I'm still going to try to put three fights in today though, one before I leave and then the other two much later in the day.

While today is going to be entirely standard matches I'll try to keep it interesting by bringing out some of our most interesting combatants.

Vii Vs. Ragathgare

Powder Maceman Vs. Wraith

Violence Jork Vs. Dangur McZown

Let the blood flow.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2011, 12:26:45 pm »

Alright starting off today with a match that you have to bend your mind a little to grasp the combatants, one is a reincarnated gnome, and the other is a clone of a dead gnome. So they are both gnomes, one is just a large striped, fuzzy, carnivorous gnome that doesn't drink alcohol.

Vii, Clone number 2 of 200 but still as impatient as the original.

Vs.

Ragathgare The Destroyer, Reincarnated as a tigerman there are still two important and surprisingly related things to remember about him. 1. He has seen dead people. 2. He has a big axe.

Vii looks like the posterboy for incontinents anonymous as he is just aching to go, his scourge lashing the floor in impatience. Ragathgare seems to have found a calm in his new position in life as a high order armored predator, but then again who wouldn't. Beast and gnome fighting for their lives... Let the battle of dominance begin.

Vii's lash strikes out and tears open the back of Ragathgare's hand, the damage makes him lose his grip and the axe tumbles to the floor... A death sentence for a gladiator. Ragathgare however seems intent on proving himself the exception to that rule however, using his shield his shield as a bludgeon he shatters Vii's shoulder and both of his hands. The heart that let Ragathgare charge into a horde of zombies and win does not seem to have been diminished by the transformation.

In a gladiatorial frenzy Ragathgare forgets his more civilized nature and bites Vii's ear off! Vii, despite disarming his opponent first seems to be on the losing side of this engagement. A point that gets brought sharply home has Ragathgare the Destroyer rams his shield through Vii's head.   

Well done ragathgare, you new form seems adequate to the tasks ahead of you. Choose your prizes and go frolic in the wilderness, or whatever tigermen do when they aren't biting people's ears off.

Victor's Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »

Okay last fight to come Immediately After this but now have the very tentative metal progression + new item creation sheet.

The metal's will go like this,  Copper->Iron->Bronze->Steel->Faerie Silver*->Shadowsteel*->Adamantium

Each tier is 10% Increase in quality, while it does makes for more humdrum breaks it also eliminates the massive gaps between the metals that made it very difficult to offer non-generic equipment.

Also possible change to the system, need feedback on, is whether you can get anything other than iron on character generation. If this were to be implemented you would get 10 points to spend on items, and the material of the item dictates how much it costs.

So say Copper costs 1, iron 2, Bronze 3, Steel 5, Faerie Silver* 7, Shadowsteel* 10, Adamantium 15.

You can go with the standard 5 iron, or you can downgrade a little and grab a full suit of armor at the cost of it being slightly lower quality, or go all out offensive and grab a Shadowsteel Great axe and nothing else. Also if this were implemented you would have the option to reject any item from your opponent's corpse and convert their best item into points at half the point value of the original item. (Minimum 2)

If an experienced character wished to upgrade their Arms or Armor because they had filled all of their armor slots they would PM me with what they wanted and I'd update them.     

*Custom alloys of silver-diamond and steel-slade respectively.

I liked the idea, And added it to the front page for current testing. If it works then its here to stay
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2011, 02:05:56 pm »

Powder Maceman vs Wraith sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet XD

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

mine should be interesting...

yeah I agree on the modded materials part.

also: i kinda forgot, but can you have 2 axes and a shield normally? could you change some stuff between them?
(I want a dual-wielding dude with a shield. Duh.)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2011, 04:37:42 pm »

GAH This is stupid!!!

\\A little pod releases a bit of steam as a new Gnome steps out\\

Kik,your up!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77