Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dealing With Goblin prisoners  (Read 1360 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing With Goblin prisoners
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 02:55:32 am »

things i do:

goblins get fed to my captured by untame hydra
stripped and beaten to death by recruits with wooden training weapons
stripped and pitted in my war wolf/dog/cougar/jaguar/leopard pit

since trolls charge first, I usually get more trolls than gobo prisoners.  They are also more dangerous since they don't rely on weapons.  They are pitted and shot by recruit marksdwaves.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 06:50:26 am »

Just make a 10- z-level pit (7x7) with walkways around the edge and through the middle at the top level and middle level.

If you want to kill the gobbos, chuck them from the top level. If you want to train your milita, station them at the bottom of the pit and chuck gobbos from the middle level.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 08:46:46 am »

I usually save up on captured enemies until I have between 30 and 50, depending on ambush and siege frequency and how agressive I use my military. I then place them in a room, link up their cages and let them fight one of my 6-man squads, which I usually train in a danger-room. Titans are used as archery targets.

Chip Masterson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 01:28:22 pm »

I keep reading that the prisoners can be disarmed and disrobed, but as of yet, I haven't figured out how to do this.  Every thread I've searched makes it sound like it's a common-knowledge operation, but I'm having trouble with it.  Would someone mind walking me through these steps? 

I like my women like I like my goblins--naked and defenseless.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »

When you build the cages press d-b-c and select the area with cages, then do d-b-d and select the entire area, the cages shouldn't get dumped since they are built already, and you can simple d-b-D them back when your haulers are done stripping every last sock from every last goblin.

I will applaud anyone who figures out how to take only the weapons, without messing with the stocks screen (I leave a lot of goblinite just lying around where they fall)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:01 pm »

Got a idea : A moving target firing range!

Put cage with goblin inside , lock door , release prisoner , asing the milita marksdwarfs to fire throught the fortifications that lead to the room the goblin is locked into , ????? , profit!
Desu

Chip Masterson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:46:38 pm »

When you build the cages press d-b-c and select the area with cages, then do d-b-d and select the entire area, the cages shouldn't get dumped since they are built already, and you can simple d-b-D them back when your haulers are done stripping every last sock from every last goblin.

I will applaud anyone who figures out how to take only the weapons, without messing with the stocks screen (I leave a lot of goblinite just lying around where they fall)

Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]