Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No sieges?  (Read 493 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No sieges?
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

i have not gotten a baron yet since i meet before the caravan leaves, but i have 1.5million in wealth and 150 dwarves, yet i still only get small (10 goblin) ambushes.  when will sieges come?

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Re: No sieges?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:51:47 am »

Baron is currently bugged.  It will be promoted from your mayor if, and only if, you allow the dwarven caravan to leave the map BEFORE the liason's first conversation with your mayor that visit.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:54:18 am »

Just keep creating more wealth, they should come in force eventually. If you're really keen on being sieged kill the human diplomat.

Oh and i don't think the baron has to do anything with sieges. But I also don't get the bug, pretty much every fort the liaison will just give me the option to suggest a dwarf, who becomes a baron about a season later.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:12:34 am »

Baron is currently bugged.  It will be promoted from your mayor if, and only if, you allow the dwarven caravan to leave the map BEFORE the liason's first conversation with your mayor that visit.
Wasn't that fixed with .17?

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »

i have yet to get a human caravan or diplomat, when do they come?

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 03:46:27 am »

Baron seems to work now, the liason will ask you to pick a name before he leaves, and you'll get promoted soon thereafter.

Sieges are random and do happen.  Maybe someone knows what triggers them.

Civilizations tend to die out more in the current release.  Check before embarking -- the humans may be out of range or gone entirely.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 04:11:55 am »

i think it's to do in part with population, amount of wealth / exported wealth.

so try selling lots and lots of steel serrated disks and selling them, or just dig out some cotton candy :p
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D: