Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Game Over, World Rescued!  (Read 57261 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 2: The Captain, KIA. Situation: FUBAR?
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2011, 05:35:01 pm »

Why this feels suspiciously prepared for me ?
And why just like that throw out (0,0) situation? Accusing townie isn't something uncommon,just look at our last lynching for example..

Ottofar Do you think we have a doc at all ? Aside from zrk2 who do you find suspicious ?

And slow down with that "we gonna die",there's still hope for our Master ;) We have lot of time yet,and Azure/mukluk don't posted anything since D1 yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »

Why this feels suspiciously prepared for me ?
And why just like that throw out (0,0) situation? Accusing townie isn't something uncommon,just look at our last lynching for example..
He was a lurker, so it was pretty much win/win for us. Of course, if our next victim really is a townie, ya well, I'll just accuse the survivor and have it done with.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

yes, then we can lynch the next 2 mafia and have a majority.
I'm going 2 bed.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

Darvi, Exactly.

Now, it seems that Ottofar is trying to confuse us. While zrk2 is trying to stop people from finding out who he is.

My notation is : Mafia=1, Townie=0.

If Ottofar=1 and Zrk2 = 1 then they are trying to trick us into thinking one of them is the townie.
If Ottofar=1 and Zrk2 = 0 then Ottofar is rightfully being confusing and Zrk2 is a special dude (cop?)
If Ottofar=0 and Zrk2 = 1 then Ottofar is naturally cryptic/lazy and Zrk2 is trying to look like a townie.
If Ottofar=0 and Zrk2 = 0 then they're both bad mafia players.

(1,1) Not likely, I am too new to pull it off, and I am naturally defensive.
(1,0) Likely, although you go out on a limb with your secondary conclusions.
(0,1) Lies. If I were scum I wouldn't have gotten into such a destructive battle with Ottofar, when he started building a case against me I would have moved on to a lurker.
(0,0) One half of that is true, the other half possible/likely.

TolyK Who are your top two scumpicks?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:53 pm »

I don't have time for a poem,
take your expectations and stow 'em.
LurkerTracker

Azure Sepulchre has 4 posts; the last 51 hours ago. Red text: UristMcDwarf. Posts: [1][2][3][4]
Darvi has 31 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31]
Ottofar has 28 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2.. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28]
Toaster has 6 posts; the last 25 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6]
TolyK has 39 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39]
Tyberix has 13 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Darvi. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]
Zrk2 has 21 posts; the last 2 hours ago. Red text: Unvote Tyberix, Vote Ottofar. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21]
mukluk has 13 posts; the last 22 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]

The Captain: dead, cult Inquisitor has 5 posts; the last 53 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5]
UristMcDwarf: dead, loyal cultist has 3 posts; the last 67 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3]

Moderator has 16 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16]

Replacements considered: warhammer651 => Ottofar; vadia => TolyK.
The Morgue: The Captain: dead, cult Inquisitor; UristMcDwarf: dead, loyal cultist.

Moderator: please prod Azure Sepulchre. They haven't posted in over 24 hours.

Azure has been prodded.

This is his second prod; if he accumulates another he will be modkilled.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:26:29 pm by Argembarger »
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »

Just to clarify,

the weekend counts as 0 hours but

you still have to post in order to avoid the prod

I'm pretty lenient with weekend hours though, I understand people can be busy. I allow about 36-48 hours on weekends before a prod happens
I can see it now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

Darvi, Exactly.

Now, it seems that Ottofar is trying to confuse us. While zrk2 is trying to stop people from finding out who he is.

My notation is : Mafia=1, Townie=0.

If Ottofar=1 and Zrk2 = 1 then they are trying to trick us into thinking one of them is the townie.
If Ottofar=1 and Zrk2 = 0 then Ottofar is rightfully being confusing and Zrk2 is a special dude (cop?)
If Ottofar=0 and Zrk2 = 1 then Ottofar is naturally cryptic/lazy and Zrk2 is trying to look like a townie.
If Ottofar=0 and Zrk2 = 0 then they're both bad mafia players.

(0,1) Lies. If I were scum I wouldn't have gotten into such a destructive battle with Ottofar, when he started building a case against me I would have moved on to a lurker.

TolyK Who are your top two scumpicks?
You and Ottofar, I think one of you. I'm staying with you since it seems most logical to me.
Sorry  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:58 am »

NO, looks like just me, for Ottofar, for his cryptic way of saying he wanted to lynch me. He always wants to lynch me.
Mukluk Detail your scumpicks and why.

Well Zrk2, I would say my picks are more persons of interest at the moment instead of pure scumpicks.  They are Tyberix because he asked me a bunch of questions early on and Tolyk who used to be Vadia (who received a couple of votes in the beginning), but now the scum meter for him seems to have dropped off a bit).  So Zrk2, same question to you, who are your scumpicks and why?

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2011, 01:14:29 am »

And slow down with that "we gonna die",there's still hope for our Master ;) We have lot of time yet,and Azure/mukluk don't posted anything since D1 yet.

Hey Tyberix.  I posted a lot on Saturday, but not as many people did probably due to the zero hrs things so I took most of Sunday off.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2011, 07:32:23 am »

Ack, got prodded again. -_- Sorry guys. May have to quit. Semester 2 coursework has piled up far faster than I had anticipated. I'm still in for the time being (I know how annoying it can be to have a replacement show up into a game that's been going a while) but I'm just saying you guys shouldn't be surprised if I end up getting kicked out.

Now, then. Gonna read up, see what I've missed.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:37 am »

I'm a bit in a rush, I'll do what I have time to do.

Oh, I just threw out a series of generic questions, I see now that they were not very helpful, I just wanted to get those things out of the way quickly so we would not waste time discussing it when we have more information to discuss.
Here he is, still defending the rolefishing.

Ottofar If not Urist, who woulld you like to see hang?
Here he is, not paying attention.
Or just acting stupid.

Ottofar I have no idea why they killed the captain, he seemed rather quiet. MAybe they figure he would not be protected or anyhting.
All righty. Why shouldn't we lynch you?
Who should be lynched? Why?

You shouldn't lynch me because I am contributing.

I am not sure who should be lynched yet but I am developing suspicions.
Right, sure you are.

Also, he didn't state who he was suspicious of.

Or maybe we shouldn't lynch you because you're scum. Right, Zrk2?

+10 sarcasm, young padawan. I will compile my suspicions later today.

"More later". Note that he never delivered. This is Toaster's (our beloved IC's) #1 scumtell.

Defends self. Also, still haven't compiled his suspicions.

That's what I'm voting Zrk for.

Also, I'm kinda suspicious of Darvi, and TolyK, they seem kinda buddy-esque.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:32 am »

I think I will add "rolefishing" to the list of terminology.
I can see it now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2011, 08:09:34 am »

Yes, I think you should do that.
Also, how about Toaster's #1 scumtell.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:15 am »

Hmm... dead cop. Not as big an issue as we might think, though, since there was only a 50% chance of a cop even being in the game, which would have made it an extreme gamble on Captain's part to out his PR. Still. Would've been handy to know who he'd checked. >.>

Also observing the spat between Otto and Zrk2 with some interest. It could be a possible bus... however, the maffers just killed a cop - they wouldn't feel any pressure to preform well for the town at the moment, and as such have no need to attack one another to prove their own innocence. Ergo, I believe either only one of them is a mafioso member or neither is. Personally, I'm still inclined to think Zrk2 is mafia because of how much he's acted like an active lurker on day 1. On the other hand, he seems to be putting in the effort now ever since this was pointed out to him. At this stage, I'm just gonna watch him and Otto play it out, see which of them starts dropping the serious scumtells first. Besides, I have a new target in mind.

Specifically, Darvi:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ergo - if you are mafia - I believe your scum partnets would have to be, in order of liklihood:

TolyK: As has been pointed out by Otto, you two have been thick as thieves during the little match of wits between Otto and Zrk2 - and, as a note of particular interest, I discovered both of you placed your votes on Zrk2 within 10 minutes of one another, practically assuring at least Darvi holds your opinion, TolyK, in unduely high regard. You have also done very little since the onset of day 2 to further the cause of town, so - if I may be so bold as to ask - presuming Otto and Zrk2 are, for the moment, two town members scratching pointlessly at one another, whom would you consider the actual mafia, based on what you have observed from the start of day 2? What are your reasons?

mukluk/Tyberix: Since the start of day 2, I can count the number of meaningful posts from the both of you together with two fingers. = | This is not a direct FoS just yet, as I would consider it somewhat hypocritical for me to suddenly return and attack two apparent lurkers. However, I have no problems pointing out to the pair of you that I'll be keeping an eye on what the both of you say... and what you don't say.

So... yeah. I guess what I'm saying is that I think Darvi and TolyK are our mafia, and that the fight between Otto and Zrk2 is nothing but a waste of effort between two townies that's giving the mafia ample time to sit back and relax before we wander - with no real idea of who is and isn't mafia - into lylo. = |

Questions?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2011, 08:50:04 am »

Or maybe we shouldn't lynch you because you're scum. Right, Zrk2?

+10 sarcasm, young padawan. I will compile my suspicions later today.

"More later". Note that he never delivered. This is Toaster's (our beloved IC's) #1 scumtell.

:D
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29