Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90492 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 1: Revenge of the Limerick
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »

And now, a Public Service Announcement:
                                                                                                Are you a vicious attacker?
                                                                                                Or maybe a stoner or slacker?
                                                                                                         Worry not! The lurkers you'll smash!
                                                                                                         They'll be caught, and flash into ash!

Just keep an eye on the new LurkerTracker®
Dariush has 7 posts; the last 11 hours ago. Red text: Jim Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
IronyOwl has 7 posts; the last 1 hours ago. Red text: Unvote vadia, Vote Taco Dan. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
Jim Groovester has 14 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Dariush Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14]
Jokerman-EXE has 6 posts; the last 25 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6]
KaminaSquirtle has 3 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Taco Dan Posts: [1][2][3]
NativeForeigner has 12 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Taco Dan Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
Nirur Torir has 6 posts; the last 10 hours ago. Red text: Dariush Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6]
Taco Dan has 2 posts; the last 37 hours ago. Red text: vadia Posts: [1][2]
Toaster has 10 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Taco Dan Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Zathras has 8 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Taco Dan Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
vadia has 22 posts; the last 39 hours ago. Red text: vadia Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]

Moderator has 10 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Nonplayer has 1 posts; the last 60 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1]

Moderator: please prod Jokerman-EXE, Taco Dan, vadia. They haven't posted in over 24 hours.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2011, 12:04:43 am »

>>> End of Day 1 <<<

There was once this silent man
Who went by the name Taco Dan
He must be scum
If not that'd be dumb
He's innocent? That wasn't the plan!

Taco Dan has been lynched!
Taco Dan was an Innocent Apprentice.

Taco Dan (5) - IronyOwl, KaminaSquirtle, NativeForeigner, Toaster, Zathras
Dariush (2) - Jim Groovester, Nirur Torir
vadia (2) - Taco Dan, vadia
Jim Groovester (1) - Dariush
Toaster (0) -
IronyOwl (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
NativeForeigner (0) -
Nirur Torir (0) -
Zathras (0) -

Not Voting: Jokerman-EXE
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2011, 12:50:58 am »

>>> Day 2 <<<

Day Ends: 25 Jan 2011 @ 11:59 pm

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Come morning, you gather around
Yet Zathras is no-where to be found
A Sorcer'r of Fire
Bite of a spi'er
Innocent? Don't like the sound

Zathras has been nightkilled!
Zathras was an Innocent Sorcerer, Master of Fire.

Remaining Players
Dariush
IronyOwl
Jim Groovester
Jokerman-EXE
KaminaSquirtle
NativeForeigner
Nirur Torir
Toaster
vadia

Remaining Schools
Earth Magic
Air Magic
Water Magic

Yesterday's Support
Earth Magic - 1 Apprentice
Air Magic - 2 Apprentices
Fire Magic - 0 Apprentices
Water Magic - 2 Apprentices

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: Zathras has no manner of luck
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:56 am »

Dariush, I've got questions I want answered. Primarily: Why did you let your RVS vote on me stick through the end of the day?

Jokerman-EXE, you didn't vote anybody yesterday. Why not?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2011, 01:43:13 am »

Bah, Humbug!

Zathras truly has no manner of luck,
He got poisoned night one like a shmuck,
         I friggin' hate spiders,
         little poison providers.
Now in death I am stuck... what the fuck!

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say. It's good Zathras does not mind, he has even grown to like it, yes.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2011, 02:01:56 am »

OK my death was because I totally forgot to post the other day combined with the fact that I was jumped on right after I posted the last time. Remember kiddies, posting can save your life! Have fun guys!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2011, 10:23:47 am »

You think LYLO on day 2 after a mislynch isn't strange?  In an 11 man game, I'd rather face three scum with two sorcs than four scum with one sorc- same as in 9 man where I'd rather face two scum, both sorcs than three scum with one sorc.
I'd rather face a single scum whose identity is known from the start. So? What you would prefer has no relation to reality.
Dariush, I've got questions I want answered. Primarily: Why did you let your RVS vote on me stick through the end of the day?
Put simply, there was no one scummier than you. Also, if that's the only reason, OMGUS isn't helping your case.
Whether you may call it WIFOM or not, it's right.  I'm using a combination of statistics and psychology to predict a result (whether vadia is scum or not).  I concluded that he is likely not scum.  If you have a problem with my reason, point out exactly your issue with it, instead of just throwing around buzzwords like "WIFOM".  That doesn't help anyone.  In particular, it doesn't help find scum.  If you disagree, point out exactly why.

You don't like my use of the abbreviature 'WIFOM'? All right, I'll explain: almost everything you quoted could be used by scum that tried to pass as town, and the rest is gut feelings and your hypotheses. Not to mention that using "I've never seen scum do that" as a reason to write someone off as innocent is about the most idio unreasonable thing I've seen anyone do. Now, my use of combination of statistics and psychology dictates that you are scum, Kamina. And I know you'll cry 'OMGUS!!!' just about now.
Since we seem stuck with a choice between Taco Dan and vadia, I'm going to have to go with Taco Dan, seeing as I find vadia's scumminess questionable.  I'm not going to over why Taco Dan is scummy, since he hasn't made a post recently, and so his scumminess is a tired, exhausted subject.
And now you're simply bandwagoning. Taco Dan could as well have said that vadia's scumminess is a tired, exhausted subject and he would be every bit as right as you are.
Tomorrow though, Dariush, you are going to have my full attention.  Your meta may be your current behavior, but honestly, you're acting so scummy I don't even care.
And things like this:
You know as well as anyone that I go like that when faced with sheer stupidity.
Just make me want to lynch you for being an asshole.  From what I've seen, you're a pain to play with.  You make inane statements, and then treat them like some kind of immutable truth.  Whenever anyone disagrees with them or accuses you of anything, you immediately attack them in some kind of frenzy.  When you're called out for it, you claim you're always right, and we're all stupid and insane for disagreeing with you.  Sorry, but I don't like being call stupid by someone so obviously using troll logic.
Sorry, did you say something? I'm afraid I didn't hear it through my aura of self-righteousness.
Now, wouldn't it be totally awesome if you added that quote above to the list of my offences?
Isn't it known for sure that three out of four are town? In any case, I should know the powers to judge the priorities.
Now this is extremely interesting.  I made the same exact same slip last game as scum.  Luckily no one noticed, but I doubt I would have mentioned it was I town.  I think this is a scum slip, no matter how FUCKING LOGICAL you may think it is.
Because it's not a logical conclusion you can make at all, actually.  It may be the most likely option, but there is no reason to claim it as a conclusion that we can make.
Great, another person to FoS me because I applied my logic to the matter instead of asking useless questions. Why am I not even surprised?..
You have somehow managed to contribute absolutely nothing to the town all day.
Sorry, did I hear that from a person with THREE posts in whole game?
Mod:  I think Vadia quit playing.  Request prod/replace if needed.
I agree, his last post indicated quite plainly that he was forfeiting the game.
It isn't.  Unless, of course, you're scum and you know that you only have one sorc scum buddy.  Your knowledge of this is noted.
Are you kidding me? Isn't it fucking LOGICAL to guess that four town sorcs or two scum ones would be too many?
I ask questions so I get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get juicy scumslips like this one!
Are you kidding me?
This is an interesting reaction, Dariush! How about instead of insulting your attacker, you defend yourself? You perhaps scumhunt? What a thought!
You, NativeForeigner, are scum because I don't like your avatar. And now I want to see you defending against this accusation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2011, 12:57:40 pm »

Dariush:  You continue to act like it is known fact that there is exactly one scum sorc.  Only the scum know how many scum sorcs there are.  I think you slipped, and I intend to nail you to the wall for it.

If you're town, please tell me who you think the scum are.

Kamina:  If...
KaminaSquirtle, I'm too lazy to randomvote you in a limerick. You won last game as scum. What lessons did you learn?
A few: Lurking really does kill town.

...then why did you only post thrice yesterday?

Native:  Please give your opinion on Jokerman, Dariush, and Irony.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2011, 01:11:19 pm »

Dariush:  You continue to act like it is known fact that there is exactly one scum sorc.  Only the scum know how many scum sorcs there are.  I think you slipped, and I intend to nail you to the wall for it.
And you continue tunneling me. If I state that out of nine remaining players less than nine are scum, will you consider that also something only scum would know?
If you're town, please tell me who you think the scum are.
It's kinda hard to tell with so many players inactive, but Kamina definitely tops the list for reasons I stated earlier and you come a close second for similar baseless voting. Yes, I know, OMGUS and all that, but that doesn't change a thing.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:49:34 pm by JanusTwoface »

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2011, 01:29:02 pm »

At least I don't have to worry Zathras's withdrawal of his extension request...
So now I can focus on Dariush.
You think LYLO on day 2 after a mislynch isn't strange?  In an 11 man game, I'd rather face three scum with two sorcs than four scum with one sorc- same as in 9 man where I'd rather face two scum, both sorcs than three scum with one sorc.
I'd rather face a single scum whose identity is known from the start. So? What you would prefer has no relation to reality.
I know this wasn't addressed to me, but it's so inane that I just had to reply.  Seriously, this is the stupidest deflection I've seen, even more so since you probably weren't even trying to deflect, and actually think you're making some kind of relevant point.
Protip:  Introducing a fantastical situation into a discussion of which of two theoretical, and very possible, situations does not make you some kind of logical mastermind.
Put simply, there was no one scummier than you. Also, if that's the only reason, OMGUS isn't helping your case.
lolwut.  This doesn't even deserve a proper reply, I'm just quoting it to show how disconnected from reality you are.
You don't like my use of the abbreviature 'WIFOM'? All right, I'll explain: almost everything you quoted could be used by scum that tried to pass as town, and the rest is gut feelings and your hypotheses. Not to mention that using "I've never seen scum do that" as a reason to write someone off as innocent is about the most idio unreasonable thing I've seen anyone do. Now, my use of combination of statistics and psychology dictates that you are scum, Kamina. And I know you'll cry 'OMGUS!!!' just about now.
A new player's big mouth getting him in trouble makes sense.  A new player pretending to have a big mouth to get himself in trouble and hoping that people use that as a noobtowntell makes absolutely zero sense.  Thinking about someone's motives can be a very useful tool, if used in moderation.
I like how you say something is unreasonable without actually giving a reason why.
There were no statistics in that post, and very little psychology.  You can't copy what I say unless you go through with it.
Your vote on me is a non sequiter.  Please show how any of that makes me scum.
I won't call OMGUS, actually.  I'm not sure what you're doing here, but you're not voting me here because I voted you.  I think you actually think you actually have a good point here.  I don't know how you be so mistaken, but that's what all of your meta points to.
And now you're simply bandwagoning. Taco Dan could as well have said that vadia's scumminess is a tired, exhausted subject and he would be every bit as right as you are.
Well, I couldn't see anyone other than those two getting lynched, and I preferred a Taco Dan lynch to a vadia lynch.
The difference between Taco Dan and I is that:
a) I admitted that was my reason, Taco claimed to be voting because of limericks or some such nonsense.
b) I focused on other people as well, Taco Dan did not.
Would you have preferred me listing out all those reasons, or would you have just called me out on parroting?
In the end, people have to agree on things, or no one would ever get lynched.
Sorry, did you say something? I'm afraid I didn't hear it through my aura of self-righteousness.
Now, wouldn't it be totally awesome if you added that quote above to the list of my offences?
I'm going to sig this simply because it's so Org-like, making some snide comment instead of addressing any points made.
Great, another person to FoS me because I applied my logic to the matter instead of asking useless questions. Why am I not even surprised?..
The thing is, your 'logic' has little relation to logic of the rest of the world.  It's like you're from some alternate reality or something.
I've been busy.  You will note, however, that my posts are filled with game-relevant content.  Yours are not.  In fact, I can't think of one instance of useful scumhunting from you.
You, NativeForeigner, are scum because I don't like your avatar. And now I want to see you defending against this accusation.
lolwut.  Lrn2scumhunt.

After replying to all, I feel as if I should call Dariush scum or something.  But I just can't.  Half of me wants to lynch him for all his scumtells.  The other half thinks that he really does think he's doing to right thing for the town.  I conclude that he, like Org, is pretty much unreadable.

PPE:

Toaster: I wish I could have posted more, but I was busy.  I intend to do better today.
Dariush: Huh?  What similar baseless voting?  I can't help but notice that your top scumpicks are people who suspect you, though.

I'm going to have to make a vote sometime, and Dariush gets it with this message:
Scumhunt or die.  I'm tired of your uselessness.  Hopefully all these votes will tell you you're doing something wrong.
Also I'm not replying to any more of his Walls of Text, since that proved useless and aggravating.

Jokerman, please be useful today, at least vote for goodness sake.

JTF:  Jim voted Dariush, not Jokerman.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

Argh. I had class all day and I didn't get a chance to sign on before the day ended. I was planning on figuring out where to drop a vote, but I guess the deadline beat me to it.

Jokerman, please be useful today, at least vote for goodness sake.

Explain to me what useful thing you did yesterday, as well as why you're suspicious of me (as I assume you are, from the FoS you're using).
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2011, 02:12:48 pm »

So, I'll throw away insults and just simple rejection of what I say from your post and reply to what remains:
A new player's big mouth getting him in trouble makes sense.  A new player pretending to have a big mouth to get himself in trouble and hoping that people use that as a noobtowntell makes absolutely zero sense.  Thinking about someone's motives can be a very useful tool, if used in moderation.
You simply ignore the possibility of vadia being scum AND having a big mouth.
There were no statistics in that post, and very little psychology.  You can't copy what I say unless you go through with it.
What you said about vadia's actions is simply absurd. You may call that statistics and psychology, but it remains what it is.
Your vote on me is a non sequiter.  Please show how any of that makes me scum.
If you don't see it, I don't think any amount of pointing it out to you will change it; just the fact that for the third post in entire game you addressed the whopping two people, out of which one only to unvote him shows the amount of tunneling that went into it.
I won't call OMGUS, actually.  I'm not sure what you're doing here, but you're not voting me here because I voted you.  I think you actually think you actually have a good point here.  I don't know how you be so mistaken, but that's what all of your meta points to.
A miracle! You got through all your ignorance and saw my point... Well. You saw what you thought I thought of as a point. That's a progress.
I'm going to sig this simply because it's so Org-like, making some snide comment instead of addressing any points made.
Points made? Are you kidding? What you did was just writing several sentences about what an asshole I am and what a pain it is to play with me.
The thing is, your 'logic' has little relation to logic of the rest of the world.  It's like you're from some alternate reality or something.
Seriously? The logic that two scum powerroles out of four total would be too many and zero out of four would be too little? Yeah, I'm totally from alternate reality. From alternate reality relating to you.
You will note, however, that my posts are filled with game-relevant content.
*itch to insert this image*
Scroll to the top of 11th page. Open all three links next to your nick in Zathras' tracker. In first you replied to a couple of questions. In second, you gave a bunch of crappy WIFOM about vadia. In third, you tunneled me so hard I just barely didn't fall through the earth. If that is 'filled with relevant content', I'm afraid to contemplate what isn't.
I'm going to have to make a vote sometime, and Dariush gets it with this message:
Scumhunt or die.  I'm tired of your uselessness.  Hopefully all these votes will tell you you're doing something wrong.
And I'm tired of your tunneling. I have already found scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »

Jim Groovester's vote is correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

Jim Groovester's vote is correct.

Seriously?

Somebody's fucking with my vote then. Let's try something. Unvote Dariush, Jokerman-EXE.

Mod: Vote count please?

What case? I don't see you continuing your vote on me from yesterday.

And if nobody was scummier than me, which is pretty hard to believe, how was I scummy? You asked me one question the whole of the day and otherwise said I was an asshole. This sounds like a bunch of crap to justify your laziness with your vote.

Argh. I had class all day and I didn't get a chance to sign on before the day ended. I was planning on figuring out where to drop a vote, but I guess the deadline beat me to it.

Who were you planning on voting then, and why?

At least I don't have to worry Zathras's withdrawal of his extension request...

But why would you have to worry about it in the first place?

After replying to all, I feel as if I should call Dariush scum or something.  But I just can't.  Half of me wants to lynch him for all his scumtells.  The other half thinks that he really does think he's doing to right thing for the town.  I conclude that he, like Org, is pretty much unreadable.

PPE:

Toaster: I wish I could have posted more, but I was busy.  I intend to do better today.
Dariush: Huh?  What similar baseless voting?  I can't help but notice that your top scumpicks are people who suspect you, though.

Also I'm not replying to any more of his Walls of Text, since that proved useless and aggravating.

I don't like this and I can't put my finger on why. If you're not completely willing to call him scum, why are you voting him?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37