Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun. Will I get it?  (Read 1052 times)

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun. Will I get it?
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »

Ok guys I embarked near a goblin fortress. Well, 2 of them. Well, a entire civ of them.

g= goblin fortress
#= embarking area

ggggggggggggggggg
ggggggggggggggggg
ggggggggggggggggg
ggggggggggggggggg
ggg####
ggg####
ggg####
ggg####
ggg
ggg

...Or something like that. Will this make early FUN? Will I get goblin sieges? I got bored of killing stupid animals. And thivers.

I want ambushes. I want sieges. I want goblins. I want fun. I want... DF.

Someone please reply! :D

Maybe wrong forum?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun. Will I get it?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »

To attract sieges you need 80 dwarfs (i think babies&children don't count). Just generate lots of wealth and receive loads of migrants, you will be in fun land no time.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »

To attract sieges you need 80 dwarfs (i think babies&children don't count). Just generate lots of wealth and receive loads of migrants, you will be in fun land no time.

Ambushes too?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:15:59 pm »

Ambushes come earlier.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:54 pm »

Ambushes too?

Ambushes by default are population 20, and no more than 40k wealth.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

Ambushes too?

Ah. Strange. I've got 40 dwarves and 120k wealth created, 60k imported in a old fortress but the only goblin that I got was... A kidnapper.  :-[

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »

Get one of the mods meant to increase invasions (Fortress Defence, for instance), you'll be guaranteed some Fun then.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »

Get one of the mods meant to increase invasions (Fortress Defence, for instance), you'll be guaranteed some Fun then.
But Fortress Defence is some... extreme fun. I dont want boatmurdered in my fortress, I just want some ambushes and later sieges to deal with.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »

Ambushes too?

Ah. Strange. I've got 40 dwarves and 120k wealth created, 60k imported in a old fortress but the only goblin that I got was... A kidnapper.  :-[

How much time has passed? Lately, on my side it seems like goblins have been coming to fortress consistently after the first two years, regardless of proximity. Maybe the game has a funny way of measuring distance, if it indeed does. Or calculating encounters.

Another factor, I read, could be the starting year. Supposedly, as time passes and the civilizations become larger they are able to mount more formidable armies. According to the discussion I take this from, if you start a fortress within the first couple centuries of worldgen, armies are going to be weak. That would explain your two sieges followed by uneventful peace.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »

Ambushes too?

How much time has passed? Lately, on my side it seems like goblins have been coming to fortress consistently after the first two years, regardless of proximity. Maybe the game has a funny way of measuring distance, if it indeed does. Or calculating encounters.

Another factor, I read, could be the starting year. Supposedly, as time passes and the civilizations become larger they are able to mount more formidable armies. According to the discussion I take this from, if you start a fortress within the first couple centuries of worldgen, armies are going to be weak. That would explain your two sieges followed by uneventful peace.

world 200 or 660 year old, I dont remember. About 3 year old fort.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:16:39 pm »

Ambushes too?

world 200 or 660 year old, I dont remember. About 3 year old fort.

The next time you start a fort, try rolling a small world in the year 5000. :D