Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Freelancer - Better late than never.  (Read 12296 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freelancer - Better late than never.
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »

Miiinor bump, sorry...

Just a quick update on the race. Only had a couple of possible entries so far I notice.
How's saturday the 15th/8pm GMT? (That's 3PM EST.)
Would anyone else like to join? The more people who turn up, the more I can act as a judge rather than a contestant, which means a fairer race for everyone!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

wtf is it me or Crossfire makes the game ridiculously hard, i can't finish off a fricking rogue ship without the little bastard recharging his shields HALF in five seconds, i can't even do that with the advance stuff, not to mention they drop 4 countermeasures at a time so missiles are worthless unless they are coming head on oh and and the moment you hit them they do repair/recharge spam with the autorepair script which seems to suck to me.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed in dicovery, shield battery and nanobots on the enemies are a lot more prevailent.
Though, I find it a little bit less of a problem on my discovery server since you can just go out and buy a good ship with stupid amounts of shield strait away.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed in dicovery, shield battery and nanobots on the enemies are a lot more prevailent.
Though, I find it a little bit less of a problem on my discovery server since you can just go out and buy a good ship with stupid amounts of shield strait away.
i hated discovery, you couldn't get missiles unless you had a class 7 mount.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »

i hated discovery, you couldn't get missiles unless you had a class 7 mount.
I'm sure I've had missiles on less. Besides, Missiles aren't really -that- good. The main missiles I use, are either cruse disruptors or torpedoes. (And even then, you -can- get energy based Torps.)

Actually, I should probably just change the line above.. But I have missiles on less. I had a stalker missile on the first ship you get.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »

hmm maybe it was so other mod then, but still i feel there is some BS coded in, hell i didn't even needed countermeasures until i started fighting Rheinlanders, that fact that it takes more than 30 minutes to do a rogue hunting mission astounds me.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

hmm maybe it was so other mod then, but still i feel there is some BS coded in, hell i didn't even needed countermeasures until i started fighting Rheinlanders, that fact that it takes more than 30 minutes to do a rogue hunting mission astounds me.
Yeah, as I said before, I think it's balance issues between the original single player campaign, and either the mods or maybe multiplayer itself.

Basically, in vanilla singleplayer, you're expected to kill everyone. Then when that changes, you're expected to be on par with everyone else. Not much more I can prescribe other than stronger guns. :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »

Do you really solo them, heh? Get 3-4 wingmen and you will make them in 5 min. You are not supposed to solo whole enemy wings in a MP game.

Also Discovery is too easy. You make a few trades and some mining, you get some proper ship, then you farm order and buy nomad equipment. And you're a god in less than a day. You just need 2-4 wingmen and you're set.

P.S. If you maphack and/or know secret wreckages in Gallia, you can get a great ship right away, in your first hour.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:17:19 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »

Discovery is supposed to be an RP mod... Which is to say people play with restrictions, this is because they can't code the restrictions in... at least not easily.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:01 pm »

Do you really solo them, heh? Get 3-4 wingmen and you will make them in 5 min. You are not supposed to solo whole enemy wings in a MP game.

Also Discovery is too easy. You make a few trades and some mining, you get some proper ship, then you farm order and buy nomad equipment. And you're a god in less than a day. You just need 2-4 wingmen and you're set.

P.S. If you maphack and/or know secret wreckages in Gallia, you can get a great ship right away, in your first hour.
wingmen? why does this sound like i have been missing something in the game?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »

I destroyed all of the space bound features of planet Manhattan. All their space stations, space storage containers, their fighters and battleships and onsuch. I was using that light fighter you can buy on Pittsburgh. Wut?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2011, 09:22:45 am »

Discovery is supposed to be an RP mod... Which is to say people play with restrictions, this is because they can't code the restrictions in... at least not easily.
RP usually also works better when you (Aka a GM or whomever) defines the rules, rather than the game itself.

Also, Deon, can you pick up NPC Wingmen?

I destroyed all of the space bound features of planet Manhattan. All their space stations, space storage containers, their fighters and battleships and onsuch. I was using that light fighter you can buy on Pittsburgh. Wut?
Bwahaha. I'll remember your name if I ever need a decent wingman then.  ;D

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:04 pm »

Also, Deon, can you pick up NPC Wingmen?

You don't understand, first you get the wingman, then you get the women. Then you get the sugar.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:23 pm »

seriously, theres NPC wingmen? i know some of the missions you get support but this sounds new to me.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2011, 03:53:08 pm »

seriously, theres NPC wingmen? i know some of the missions you get support but this sounds new to me.
I think he meant that that's the purpose of it being a multiplayer game; to have other players as wingmen.
Edit: I just realized something that blew my mind.
Outcasts' flag is the cross of The Knights of St. John, with their home planet being Malta. Their arch-enemy is the Corsairs. The Omicrons are the Mediterranean of the 16th century.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:02:13 pm by Rakonas »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9