Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three update Qs  (Read 875 times)

jamesmax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Three update Qs
« on: January 04, 2011, 04:41:37 pm »

One: i just found out im palying on 0.31.03 so whats bin added form 0.31.03 till now?
Two: how do you update the game?
Three: will i lose my save and if not will the update just chage the parts of the map i have not seen yet?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Three update Qs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:20:48 pm »

Entity sprawl. Aimed attacks. A bunch of other stuff that'll be in the changelog.
Download the latest version.
You can use your save I think. But the new stuff won't be added 'til you generate a new world.
*Hugs*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:37:51 pm »

From file changes.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:45:44 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:44:50 pm »

Too big for previous post, more relevant, from release notes.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Spoilered both posts. Holy fuck that's a lot of text.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:46:24 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:19 pm »

You get the newest version by downloading it and making a new folder from the zip file. You can move your save by finding your region folder in the data/save folder of the old version and moving it to the data/save version of the new version. If you can't find a "save" folder in the new version just make a new folder and call it "save".

It won't change any parts of your map. However, your game may lack several features that were added between then and now, especially the new adventurer mode stuff. Aimed attacks, better combat AI, and restless spirits should be in, along with most of the bugfixes and stuff I can't think of at the moment. If you plan to do anything aside from whatever fortress you're currently working on, you might want to generate a new world in the current version.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

jamesmax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:40 pm »

You get the newest version by downloading it and making a new folder from the zip file. You can move your save by finding your region folder in the data/save folder of the old version and moving it to the data/save version of the new version. If you can't find a "save" folder in the new version just make a new folder and call it "save".

It won't change any parts of your map. However, your game may lack several features that were added between then and now, especially the new adventurer mode stuff. Aimed attacks, better combat AI, and restless spirits should be in, along with most of the bugfixes and stuff I can't think of at the moment. If you plan to do anything aside from whatever fortress you're currently working on, you might want to generate a new world in the current version.

kind of sucks that you dont get the new suff in your save is ther any way to move you save over and get the new suff? or can you reclaim your fort? (i have spent the last 2 days (real time) moveing all my suff form out side to inside at reclaim (last nite i found all suff and claim it one by one god dose it take a long time) and remakeing a fort dose not make me happy

one more thing all i have been palying is fort so are ther any big update for it or isit all adventurer mode?

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:32 pm »

Apart from bugfixes, the only thing added thus far to fort mode (IIRC) is ghosts rising from unburied/unmemorialized dead dwarfs.

And they should work without having to gen a new world.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:18:37 pm »

kind of sucks that you dont get the new suff in your save is ther any way to move you save over and get the new suff? or can you reclaim your fort? (i have spent the last 2 days (real time) moveing all my suff form out side to inside at reclaim (last nite i found all suff and claim it one by one god dose it take a long time) and remakeing a fort dose not make me happy

Almost everything I can think of that you need a new world for doesn't happen in fortress mode anyway, so you should be fine. Ghosts of existing dead dwarfs probably won't appear, though, so if you want to see ghosts you'll need to kill off some fresh ones.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.