Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299128 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 93: Zombie Meltdown]
« Reply #1110 on: May 11, 2011, 12:48:29 pm »

Player: Frelock
Name: Frelock Von-Heisenberg
Occupation: Luck-o-mancer (Manipulating probabilities of things)
Currently: Being uselesser.
Wounds: Heavy Bleeding x3 | Missing Leg x2
Not quite sure how relevant it is, but it appears that Frelock is missing both legs, and also somehow bleeding heavily from one of his legs that is missing, while I haven't read the whole thread, and some magic could result in his legs falling/getting chopped off but still connected to his body by magic and taking blood from the rest of it, I judge that unlikely.

Also, just gotta say that this is a pretty epic RTD, especially the last two turns.  :P
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:00 pm »

That is true; the bleeding only mildly inconveniences Urist's legchucks, but luckily the leg stumps were cauterized when he ripped them off.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

Somehow with your legs missing you kept your spring shoes in your inventory though, so maybe you can bounce about as a work-around to walking.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1113 on: May 11, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

Somehow with your legs missing you kept your spring shoes in your inventory though, so maybe you can bounce about as a work-around to walking.
He's technically still wearing them, I suppose.
Not quite sure how relevant it is, but it appears that Frelock is missing both legs, and also somehow bleeding heavily from one of his legs that is missing
That... is a good point.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:09:25 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1114 on: May 11, 2011, 09:47:42 pm »

Will you guys stop screwing around with the Great Old Ones?!

**********~
Turn 94
**********~

META TURN:

SPIDERS?

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Darkness

Actions
Meta: Continually mumble "Gravity is my friend, gravity is my friend..." as I head down one of the floor paths
(...) You gently slide down the steep slope of the vertical hallway, mumbling under your breath. Suddenly, the gravity in the chamber disappears entirely! You swim through the low-g corridor and push your way through the doorway into the room beyond. This room is huge! In fact, it looks like all four of the corridors feed into it. The room curves off into the distance, further than you can see. There's a ton of lab equipment floating around in the low-g environment.
Meta: SPray the enemies
(...) You shoot the steam cleaner at full power, completely destroying the two Arachtaurs and propelling you and John down the hallway! You suddenly feel extremely light.
RW: Run away and modify the cannon so I can shoot androids out of it. (So that it sort-of banana-barrels, swallowing the android whole, then shoots it out)
(...) The RNG thinks that's a stupid idea.
RW: Examine room.
(...) Your nifty helmet produces a map of the immediate area!

Meta: Slash some androids.
(...) You run out into the hall, ready to kick some ass! You are immediately body-checked by John and Kyle, as they are propelled down the hall by Kyle's steam cleaner.

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Practicing cartography.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Metal Spear | Keen Helmet | Leather Gloves | Pencil x4 | Guitar | Coffee Mug | Marshall Coburn (commanding) | Micro Mecha Spider (commanding)
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG (...)

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Floating.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm
Wounds: Missing Arm
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Drifting.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal
Wounds: Broken Rib | Nosebleed
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Hovering.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket
Wounds: Missing Legs | Triple Head Bumps | Blind
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Suspended in the air.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Baseball x5
Wounds: None
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now

Name: Marshall Coburn MkII Combat Droid
Description: A giant mechanical spider made of smaller mechanical spider parts. It was fitted with an advanced AI routine and can now talk. It also has a self-powered eye-laser taken from the remains of Xenocalamus.
Inventory: None
Wounds: None
Abilities: Eye Laser (...) | Web Shooter

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I didn't know Great Old Ones took female dwarven shapes.

Oh god. 40d HFS flashback, if you get my meaning.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

RW: Welp, I think its time for me to gain a new ability.

FW: Water blast Goddamn everything, Grab MY GODDAMN NECRONOMICON, AND GET TO THE SHIP.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:04:32 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I didn't know Great Old Ones took female dwarven shapes.

Oh god. 40d HFS flashback, if you get my meaning.
They at least try not to break the minds of their servants, by appearing in a comprehensible form.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

RW: Find ammo, then.
FW: Heal myself.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I can't help but notice that the most guilty people we've met in the fantasy world are, um, us. But hey, what's the worst that could happen?

Meta: Use telekinesis to carefully float my way to the center of the room

Fantasy: Find the controls of the airship in order to provide close air support to my friends. And by "close air support", I mean splatter zombies like bugs on a windshield

And now there are 2 different beings on this ship demanding blood sacrifice! What a pleasant little place we've got here.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Meta: Tweak the odds, and get our companions together.

Fantasy: Use awesome lich-regenerative powers.  Take blood from a nearby corpse if I have to.

You know, I'm pleasantly surprised.  I get to sacrifice the blood of the guilty instead of the blood of the innocent.  Does that make me a good lich?  Can that sentence even be uttered?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Frelock the Friendly Neighborhood Lich. Just start picking flowers and carrying around baskets of kittens.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I can't help but notice that the most guilty people we've met in the fantasy world are, um, us. But hey, what's the worst that could happen?
Continuing to portray you people as the "good guys" is a fun exercise in creative writing.

You know, I'm pleasantly surprised.  I get to sacrifice the blood of the guilty instead of the blood of the innocent.  Does that make me a good lich?  Can that sentence even be uttered?
I figured a goddess of sacrifice would prefer the blood of the guilty... like, penance, or something. I think I just made you into Ghost Rider, actually.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Dictionary.com
guilt·y
   /ˈgɪlti/ [gil-tee] –adjective, guilt·i·er, guilt·i·est.
1. having committed an offense, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law; justly subject to a certain accusation or penalty; culpable: The jury found her guilty of murder.
2. characterized by, connected with, or involving guilt: guilty intent.
3. having or showing a sense of guilt, whether real or imagined: a guilty conscience.

Ooh, that's not good. I suggest you concentrate on #3--the party ought to be safe from that. And it shouldn't be too hard to find folks that feel guilt either--after all, Derm Hell-Binder is a veritable fountain of the stuff, leaving massive swathes of survivor's guilt in his wake. (Get it while the getting's good though--he's only good as a source as long as he continues to leave survivors!)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Quote from: Dictionary.com
guilt·y
   /ˈgɪlti/ [gil-tee] –adjective, guilt·i·er, guilt·i·est.
1. having committed an offense, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law; justly subject to a certain accusation or penalty; culpable: The jury found her guilty of murder.
2. characterized by, connected with, or involving guilt: guilty intent.
3. having or showing a sense of guilt, whether real or imagined: a guilty conscience.

Ooh, that's not good. I suggest you concentrate on #3--the party ought to be safe from that. And it shouldn't be too hard to find folks that feel guilt either--after all, Derm Hell-Binder is a veritable fountain of the stuff, leaving massive swathes of survivor's guilt in his wake. (Get it while the getting's good though--he's only good as a source as long as he continues to leave survivors!)

Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

Incidentally, I caught up on Schlock Mercenary. Nearly 11 years worth of daily comics (that's 131 months, or 3950+ strips for those keeping score at home.) More fun with math- I first learned of the existence of this strip when Frelock linked to it on April 25th, which means that in the last 17 days I've read 232+ strips every day. That's a minimum, as it took me a couple days to start binging in earnest... I need to go lie down now.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110