Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Die2nite Mega-Town - Part Deux! Game is GO!  (Read 7869 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Die2nite Mega-Town - Part Deux! Game starts in 20 minutes.
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

So what is the irc room now?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:01 pm »

Kicked Doohl, since he couldn't auto-join with us, to invite stoney.

People who missed the first rush can still get in so-long as the town doesn't fill up. We just need to invite you into a coalition.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2011, 06:11:52 pm »

So what is the irc room now?

Still the sign ups room.

Does anyone else need to get bumped in? Still plenty of time

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
Re: Die2nite Mega-Town - Part Deux! Game is GO!
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2011, 06:46:36 pm »

Oh hey, this is earlier than I expected!  I've gotta get to class in fifteen minutes...could I get an invite, quickly?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2011, 06:46:58 pm »

Oh hey, this is earlier than I expected!  I've gotta get to class in fifteen minutes...could I get an invite, quickly?

Someone said they invited you
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2011, 06:48:04 pm »

Someone said they invited you
I literally checked immediately before and after making that post, wasn't before, was after  :P
Thanks!

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »

I am a new player, yes, and as far as I know I'm tagged as such. It only needed materials -- 1 twisted board -- once, not the first time. If it's the sort of community that constantly harps on and ostracizes every inexperienced person because they don't know exactly what to do and when to do it, well..

not really interested in playing. :p

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2011, 06:52:15 pm »

Kistunin - I am quick. I sent it in response to your request. :P

Well, your in a new player town, so its not that big a deal honestly. And if you're first upgrade was the tent, well, you SHOULD do that one.

So you made a rookie mistake, its no big deal. :P If you just say "hello" on the forums, you probably won't get shunned. And some of the best players have spent entire towns shunned because of idiots - its not really any more than a mild inconvenience if you can make at least one friend.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »

I'm not really interested, they seem like a bunch of crazies -- there is already a post asking people to, specifically, shun me because I 'built a hovel and am keeping important materials that should belong to the town' there (all I had was wrought iron and I already put that in the town bank) and I already got a /bunch/ of anon complaints. :/

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

Heh, I had the same thing happen in my first town. If its not the game for you, thats fine... but remember there is an element of backstabbery here. In most towns, you don't win as a town, you win by being the last one alive. Sometimes being shunned has its perks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »

I'm not really interested, they seem like a bunch of crazies -- there is already a post asking people to, specifically, shun me because I 'built a hovel and am keeping important materials that should belong to the town' there (all I had was wrought iron and I already put that in the town bank) and I already got a /bunch/ of anon complaints. :/
They can also remove those complaints if they want, just talk to them. Most times when they understand you're new and didn't know better they will remove them.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »

I did try to explain myself (that I'm new and was unaware that you should devote all resources to communal projects first), but all I got was basically 'SO YOU'RE ADMITTING THAT YOU DID IT?'  and noone removed their complaints. :p

Edit - Not only did they not remove any, but more are being added too! Woopie.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 07:56:57 pm by Vel »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:57 pm »

I did try to explain myself (that I'm new and was unaware that you should devote all resources to communal projects first), but all I got was basically 'SO YOU'RE ADMITTING THAT YOU DID IT?'  and noone removed their complaints. :p
Well all I can say is don't blame the game for idiot townies. :) Try again, the game is free and it can be quite fun.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »

Yeah, if you have a town full of asshats, might be best to go for a walk in the desert and try another one. Its an internet game, sometimes the dice roll you a hand full of moron.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

There are two distinct games in Die2nite. If you join a town full of randoms at a random time (ie not right after the attack) you will be faced with the immense challenge of trying to cooperate with asshats and idiots to accomplish a few basic tasks. There will be a ton of forum posting and arguing, and if you find enough helpful people, it might be interesting and fulfilling. If you join an organized town the challenge becomes the much calmer and steadier test of playing the game, making good build decisions, and maintaining a steady scavenging effort for 2-3 weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9