Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club  (Read 31234 times)

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldgreed and the Quest for the Perfect Strip Club
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

I took the liberty of uploading the map to dfma, I think i found most of the addition you made, I really like the mud wrestling pit
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10012-goldgreed

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2011, 09:51:44 pm »

we should check dfprospector to see if there is in fact any adamantine available on the map.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2011, 02:38:11 am »

Uh, so many changes... even the main challenge changed.
Ok, I'll take a look tonight.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:19 pm »

It seems like ours is possibly the most cultural of all forts in history. I mean, we have a theatre, stripclub (That's ART) and poetry slam evenings. Booyah.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

This place kills my fps, but looks great. I guess I can spend a lot time with my turn... First update tomorrow morning

Baron, by poetry slam evening you mean the 3x3 danger room with 40 soldiers inside?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:04:53 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:48 pm »

Originally he made a stage for poetry slams, I tried turning it into an arena but flooded the bottom by accident. I uilt a floor over the water and I guess thats the poetry stage now.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

Wait, I just noticed that the void is also our prison.

MOST. AWESOME. LAWS. EVER.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »

Yeah, I was afraid that if I chained goblins up there they would scare the dwarves.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »

This is definitly the most entertaining game of DF i've played in while, lets keep it going.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »

Haha, lets
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2011, 03:50:01 am »

Journal of Peregarrett

Whateverth.
Uh. It was a nice party. I hardly can remember anything, but it definitely was. Hell, my head is like a bronze bell... I put my hand into a pocket - what's it? Copper plaque, with some text... Bearer of this sign is the official ruler of Goldgreed Fort for current year. What a hell? It definitely was a nice party...

I desided to take a short walk over my domain. Sudden ear-tearing noice made me stumble and take a breath. What was that?
I walked to fort entrance - it seemed to be the source of that noice.
It repeated. I had to take a breath again. This time I distinguished that it was - a harrowing sound of poorly fit mechanisms, dull sounds of hitting and a raging war cries. what happened?
Ok, it's entrance. Everything seems calm... Guys are hauling stuff and doing their work - like this carpenter who pulls the lever with very serious face.
As he pulled it, that terrible sound repeated. Not only me was stunned by it, others suffered too. This time I localized the source - it came from the door east from the theh lever
- Hey, you, what are you doing?!
- Pulling this lever. Mayor said me to.
- And I'm saying you - stop it now!
I took the plaque out of my pocket and showed him. That guy pulled it again (hell, my head going to explode!) and said
- Ok, you're boss. See ya, I'm getting sumthin to drink.
I opened that door to the east slightly - ouch! A few dozens of heavy armored guys are crowded inside and making sparrings. each was continuously glancing on the holes on the floor - like awaiting something gonna jump out of it. Also, the heaps of wooden chips were everywhere.
I closed the door and moved along.

OOC: really, each time spears retracted, fps dropped to 5 and the game froze for several seconds. I had to stop it. Anyway, we have more than enough of legendary soldiers.

Oh, silence makes me think much more clear. Also, a cup of booze...
Forges. My lovely working place. Guys at smelters are cursing and carrying iron bars around workshops...
- Hey, what's up?
- damn those bars, I don't have a place to put a foot here! and i ordered to smelt magnetite again and again.
- huh, don't we have a stockpile?
- It's FULL! It's just ten tiles big and it's full!
- Uh.. screw it then. We have two fucking hundreds of iron, it's enough for now i think.
- But what about gold bars? We're making them too.
He said gold? I get to take a look on that gold vein
- Go on with gold as you can, i'll think of it.

Oh, it's here, almost at the deepest level of our fortress. Well, almost - somehow those crazy miners made a hole at molten rock and built a stairway down there...
Well, why carry gold nuggets all that way up just to smetl them? we can smelt them right here! there's magma sea below the floor.
I sketched a picture with digging and building design and gave it to miners and architect.

Allright, I have to check what that "hell" really is.

Hell is literally a black hole. Everything is black. Blackness everywhere. And in the center of that blackness we mad a box of  - guess what? - black diorite. Amazing creativity I think.
I caught a miner's sleeve and asked him:
- The solid blackness. What if we dig it out?
- We can't. Maybe if we had adamantine picks...
- Adamantine. huh... Well, and what about smoothing the floor inside the box?
- We never tried...

Another whateverth
Merchants left - actually i didn't noticed them in this mess till they came to say goodbye. I guess we don't really need their stuff.

While walking up and down I noticed an olivine layer. Huh, as far as i remember geology course, here we can get platinum veins.. lets do some exploratory mining.

Smelters down there are built and producing gold. Also I ordered five iron anvils to be made.

All exploratory shafts dug to the north stumble at undiggable molter rock, so more than half of map are unaccessible. Wait, we can dig there from above... I ran to miners with new project and we started to explore.

Huh. we found aquifer. Not so massive, but still. If we desire, we can solidify all that lava above. Also, we got  minor flood from it. Maybe we should flood the hell then?

A liaison wants to tell me something. Gotta go now.

OOC: Thats all for now. I did no pics, but actually there's nothing to show here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:57:19 am by peregarrett »

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2011, 08:35:54 am »

You can't flood hell, I live there!

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2011, 10:35:28 am »

You can't flood hell, I live there!
Haha, time to get swimming

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »

Great news - slade CAN be smoothed and engraved. So we'll have nice pictures on the dancefloor
Also slade ramps can be removed

Now Deviled wants two boots...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:37:15 pm by peregarrett »

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2011, 01:59:55 pm »

Make them gold. Also DO NOT flood hell, or at least water proof the strip club if you do.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22