Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Unclaimed World [Sci-Fi Frontier Colony Sim] (aka Conlan's Claim)  (Read 49764 times)

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unclaimed World [Sci-Fi Frontier Colony Sim] (aka Conlan's Claim)
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2016, 05:40:37 am »

Hi, this is What we're currently working on:

-New sandbox map: 'The Mining Camp'.
-Food/nutrition screens and ledgers.
-Fish traps such as hoop nets and fykes.

Read about it in this post:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/0/352792037313335589/

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2016, 11:20:16 am »

/////////New update available now://////////////
In Version 0.9.2.0 we've focused especially on polishing the interface and game balance.

...Also, we're announcing Oct 4th as the game's release date from Early Access!

The new patch has:

-Attack/Hunt and Threat features
-Food store ledgers
-New fish traps

and a host of improvements to the interface.

Read the full list here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/284100/announcements/detail/921373079599267044

also, check out the dev demonstrating the new way you can manage production in the game:
https://youtu.be/pFADlp76gjI
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:27:12 am by MoPed_UnclaimedWorld »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2016, 11:24:35 am »

I take it randomly generated map has been canned for handcrafted maps?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2016, 11:27:38 am »

I take it randomly generated map has been canned for handcrafted maps?
They made that decision early on, and its been discussed several times here.

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2016, 11:41:39 am »

Yep, we decided to go for handcrafted maps a long time ago and instead we've focused on providing replayability through other features. Also, the game is more focused on management than exploration so there's not a big need for many maps. That said, we can relatively easy add more handcrafted maps once we take a break with adding new features.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:26 am »

Wasnt the handcrafted map supposed to be temporary until a good algorythm was made o.O. not trying to possibly beat a horse or start the discussion again. Ive just been out of the loop since before the name change. Last info i had bout the game was that trailer were you saw a quadcopter flying over a map. I hope a map editor will be released alongside to increase longevity. If we can have random, an active community could make map., scenarios etc.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2016, 01:34:55 pm »

Wasnt the handcrafted map supposed to be temporary until a good algorythm was made o.O. not trying to possibly beat a horse or start the discussion again. Ive just been out of the loop since before the name change. Last info i had bout the game was that trailer were you saw a quadcopter flying over a map. I hope a map editor will be released alongside to increase longevity. If we can have random, an active community could make map., scenarios etc.

Cool that you remember the game from back then. But procedural maps was always a nice-to-have feature placed way down on a long feature list. (You can see the old original roadmap from 2010-12 that we've kept as documentation here: http://unclaimedworld-game.com/features-old/ )
Likewise, in the roadmap we have now, a map editor is placed as a possible addition post-release, at the bottom of this page: http://unclaimedworld-game.com/the-game/features/
Hopefully we'll have enough interest in the game that we can develop this feature!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

I sure hope soo too!, thank you for your answers!!

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2016, 09:06:55 am »

The AI in my game seem to behave weirdly with hauling since last patch. They will pick something up only to drop it after a few steps. It's especially bad if I try to trade more than 5 items in a port, they will just constantly pick stuff and drop it without ever bringing it to the building. I'll try and submit my save file later if the dev is interested.

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2016, 10:29:51 am »

@Drakale  Yes, we're very interested in such a save file because we haven't seen this bug. please send it to

support AT unclaimedworld-game DOT com

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for sending the save file over, we found a few things we want to correct in the next patch.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:28:25 am by MoPed_UnclaimedWorld »

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2016, 04:19:40 am »

As we approach the game's release from Early Access Oct 4th, we continue adding fixes and we're happy to get any feedback - here is the latest patch:

////////////////////////0.9.3.1 Ammo policy//////////////////////

Ammo policy
You can now decide which type of ammo the colony uses against vermin: You may want to conserve some ammo types for protection against dangerous animals, for hunting or for keeping a high colony Security rating. Your ammo policy is controlled on a new page on the Policy screen.

The patch also includes a range of fixes, read the full list here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/284100/announcements/detail/921373719584090395

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »

:) :) :) Unclaimed World reaches version 1.0.0.0! We leave Early Access today. YAY! :) :) :)

A special thanks to the people here on bay12 who were among the first to discover our game way back in 2010.

With the release, it’s not over - we want to continue supporting the game as long as possible. Check our forum or give us feedback right here.

Version 1.0.0.0 includes an action-packed open-ended new map, called ‘Muckroot Mining Site’. Read all about it in the announcement here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/284100/announcements/detail/941641219341143896
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:39:46 pm by MoPed_UnclaimedWorld »

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2016, 12:29:49 pm »

Heh.  Unclaimed World has finally stepped out of the Early Access stage.  The game is 'complete', but the devs are still wanting to add more features to the game.

They're also asking for mod authors to provide input, cause adding mod support to Unclaimed World is on their post-release features list.  So if you guys who are interested in modding want specific features or the like, you should head over to the steam forum or the Unclaimed World website forum and drop in with a list.

I'm not much of a modder myself, so I'm of no use in that regard.  Lol.

For everyone else, have fun!  I know I'm going to here soon~
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2016, 01:29:34 pm »

Also 10% off. You do need to fix your link, though.

MoPed_UnclaimedWorld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2016, 01:42:07 pm »

Fixed the link, sorry.

@Viken yeah, we'll find out what kind of modding is possible or relevant for us as we get more feedback from people and research the subject.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20