Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162197 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:50 am »

Titans are easy, a good hero needs the right weapons. In this case the right weapons are a mob of innocent peasants to hide behind, let them soak up all the webby death then sneak around back while it's distracted and hack it's head off.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2012, 10:00:20 am »

I'm personally a fan of raising all the Titan's victims to beat him into the ground.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:44 am »

Archiepelago world maps SUCK for adventuring.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:12 pm »

swimswimswimswimswimswimswimswimswim
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

I agree, the swimming is swimmingly fun.

bvshark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

I was searching for a vampire with my most successful character - a dwarf with one less foot x-x - well, I came in a hill and could not find the vampire, my compass was showing the place is THE place, but I could not find him (it aways happens \:). Some tame animals was hanging out around and I tought "This animals must be Vampire pets". I struck down one cat and then my band - 6 guys - got pissed of and they started atacking each other, the animals and me and well... A dog bited my head and a lasher spreaded brain in the floor \:

Malloy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »

I was searching for a vampire with my most successful character - a dwarf with one less foot x-x - well, I came in a hill and could not find the vampire, my compass was showing the place is THE place, but I could not find him (it aways happens \:). Some tame animals was hanging out around and I tought "This animals must be Vampire pets". I struck down one cat and then my band - 6 guys - got pissed of and they started atacking each other, the animals and me and well... A dog bited my head and a lasher spreaded brain in the floor \:

Oh boy, where do I begin with this?

Vampires infiltrate communities, so you have to look for them in cities, open dialogue and accuse them of being night creatures. They're often doctors or priests and almost always have a legendary skill, so look for flashing NPC's,

Also, animals can be part of a city just like NPC's. Attacking them will make that settlement your enemy. If you're not sure about it, run into them. If you're not automatically attacking, it's because they're friendly by default.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »

I agree, the swimming is swimmingly fun.
I've had one 31.25 adventurer - been swimmin' for 5 months now.
Sig! Onol

bvshark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

Vampires infiltrate communities, so you have to look for them in cities, open dialogue and accuse them of being night creatures. They're often doctors or priests and almost always have a legendary skill, so look for flashing NPC's,

Also, animals can be part of a city just like NPC's. Attacking them will make that settlement your enemy. If you're not sure about it, run into them. If you're not automatically attacking, it's because they're friendly by default.

I did this. I found a man and he said things about night and creatures, I accused him to being a night creature and he said things about kill me, buuuut he did nothing. I thought it was because the people around him or something, I slept and when I waked up the compass pointed another location, out of the village. I go to the place and then, bad things happened. When it happens - the compass thing - he will still in the village?

Malloy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2012, 11:06:19 pm »

No idea. Everytime I find vampires and denounce them they immediately try to stab me with their carving knives. Might be a glitch.

I did this. I found a man and he said things about night and creatures, I accused him to being a night creature and he said things about kill me, buuuut he did nothing. I thought it was because the people around him or something, I slept and when I waked up the compass pointed another location, out of the village. I go to the place and then, bad things happened. When it happens - the compass thing - he will still in the village?

sinister agent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lonely as a Mushroom Cloud
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

Finally decided to give adventurer mode another go, since the combat system is so unique.  Got sick of trudging aimlessly around with no armour or hope of winning any fight, let alone taking on a bandit group or vampire lair.  So, when I started surrounded by stray cats and guinea hens (?), I figured they'd be some nice training.

53 dead animals and pissed off townsfolk later (some of whom I choked out and systematically mutilated to train up my skills.  It wasn't psychotic!  It was very rational!  And I felt terrible the whole time, so that makes it okay), I've just managed to disable a suturer and am choking him when another stray cat scratches me.  At this point I'm physically fine, and have nothing but a few bruises for my trouble.  Yes still I pass out.  And I never wake up.

Mauled to death by a cat.  Yeah.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2012, 09:00:31 pm »

Finally decided to give adventurer mode another go, since the combat system is so unique.  Got sick of trudging aimlessly around with no armour or hope of winning any fight, let alone taking on a bandit group or vampire lair.  So, when I started surrounded by stray cats and guinea hens (?), I figured they'd be some nice training.

53 dead animals and pissed off townsfolk later (some of whom I choked out and systematically mutilated to train up my skills.  It wasn't psychotic!  It was very rational!  And I felt terrible the whole time, so that makes it okay), I've just managed to disable a suturer and am choking him when another stray cat scratches me.  At this point I'm physically fine, and have nothing but a few bruises for my trouble.  Yes still I pass out.  And I never wake up.

Mauled to death by a cat.  Yeah.
I'm going to go off of a hunch and say that you had an astronomically low willpower attribute(willpower is what determines if you pass out or rough through it after a wound. Also, if it was a pack of cats like you said, all they need is to scratch your limbs a lot and you'll eventually bleed to death.

Sparkle_Motion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:12 pm »

Legendary...everything human vampire necromancer, and totally legitimate. When I say everything, I'm talking Fighter +5, along with four or five weapon skills, ambusher, observer, dodger, shield user, armor user, wrestler...the whole nine yards. I had nearly a thousand notable kills and the only injury I had sustained was an infection in my left arm that hadn't caused any trouble since I got it during my first question. I could go toe-to-toe with Titans and come out alive...

...except for the one with the webs. It webbed me, broke me open and ate my meaty parts.

Today was a sad day.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »

God damned master vampires is how I've been dying. Trying to test out bugfixes in a "real-world" situation is damned near impossible when the things you're testing can move at speed 9700 and punch you across a room, shattering your skull through an iron helm, with their bare hands.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

God damned master vampires is how I've been dying. Trying to test out bugfixes in a "real-world" situation is damned near impossible when the things you're testing can move at speed 9700 and punch you across a room, shattering your skull through an iron helm, with their bare hands.
I swear, this is the last time I attack a town in which my former adventurer master vampire lives with an undead army. Dude killed all of them and then bit my head off (not literally, but he crushed my skull).
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59