Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 159183 times)

Kamsko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #705 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:05 am »

Just picked a fight with an ostrich. It promptly tackled me to the ground and broke my right knee with a joint lock... using its left wing.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:21 am »

I'm not dead yet, but I think I'll have to retire.

I tried ford evil river, now I'm dizzy every other turn, cutting my already pitiful speed in half. Also my nail got infected.

Shame really, because I managed to walk mortal wound off.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 03, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »

I've been testing out my new sentient race, Triggats. I've given them all the weapons they need to succeed in the world, and more. Batons, tanto daggers, scythes, air powered muskets, hand cannons, etc.

Then I got bored and wanted to make a very non-lethal weapon.

The squeaky hammer.

Coincidentally, it doesn't squeak. Oh well.

I honestly don't know what killed me. This goes on for 100 pages, but I think you get the picture.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

CBlackrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2014, 01:03:50 am »

I tried to wrestle a llama to get my stats up (still not entirely sure how to power level, my world seems woefully devoid of small animals) and apparently pissed off my pikeman companion, who stabbed me in the guts. The llama then kicked me in the head, which drove my skull through my brain. When I checked legends mode, the llama was now noteworthy, with a name and everything.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 06, 2014, 10:52:41 am »

Slew 11 eldjotun and had my spine muscle severed by a counter attack in norse fortress mod
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »

I found my first FB. Incidentally, it was the first time in months I haven't been prepared.

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:04 pm »

Ran into a room full of stonemancer dwarfs and dwarf macelords.
Killed one with a javelin throwing fight and then was knocked down a pit, broke both my legs and lost my torso to a stray javelin.
That might have been mine...

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 06, 2014, 04:09:27 pm »

I tried to wrestle a llama to get my stats up (still not entirely sure how to power level, my world seems woefully devoid of small animals) and apparently pissed off my pikeman companion, who stabbed me in the guts. The llama then kicked me in the head, which drove my skull through my brain. When I checked legends mode, the llama was now noteworthy, with a name and everything.

Put on some armor and about 3 shields (basically pilfer any Fort). And ask townsfolk/soldiers about the Surroundings.

If any of them says there are Wolves and Dingoes about. Go after those. They're not exactly small animals like cats or turtles but with a decent set of armor and shields and starting stats in Dodge you should be able to Lie-Down/Stand-up your way to Legendary-hood.

You can also run into Wolves and Dingoes while fast-travelling.

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 09, 2014, 09:42:24 pm »

I mod, mostly with weapons, my favorite so far being the plasma sword with it's devastating cleave. Anyhow, I had just survived a boogeyman encounter, slaying all with minor injuries. Then, apparently, one of the donkeys from the village got mad at me (I'm still not sure how) and kicked me in the head, before I got the chance to cleave it in half... anyway... next time, I'm bringing bigger shields.
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 14, 2014, 06:29:22 pm »

I had a FPS death, I don't know why, I was in a lair and just making my adventurer starve to death, and now it'll stop responding 3 or 4 times before I move. I'd count that as a death :P
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 15, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »

Not technically a death, but...

After modding in hobbits (essentially dorfs without beards or mechanics, or at least as I modded it), I created a fine little fellow and travelled to a bandit camp. A bandit got a cheap shot at my face, but I noticed a ring. In a place called Ringstill. Where I'd been sent to kill the ringleader.

I then created a guy named Frodo Sackbins whose entire goal in life was to retrieve the ring and throw it in Mount Doom.

Subsequently, the game crashed.

I liked to imagine something similar to what happens when NetHack encounters a fatal error, which is "oh no... the dungeon caves in" or something or the like. The terminal told me "core dumped", so I pictured the core of the earth imploding and killing poor Frodo along with it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rapozk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:58 pm »

I made a world with a generated history up until year 2800ish...

The two remaining human civilisations are surronded by necromancy towers, tombs and evil ground...

so, I have died from undead, mummies and more undead....

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 16, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »

A hobbit were-peasant somehow punched me in the chest and bruised my right lung through my steel mail and steel breastplate.

...that bruise somehow suffocated me. I'm fairly certain I still had a functioning lung. I call bull on that death. Guess I should've broken his neck so he couldn't do anything except push me around.

...Well I'm never wrestling with the goal of raising attributes again. Should've just bashed the peasant with my bronze maul until he stopped twitching and moved on.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

I made a new world, started in a village, and all of the villagers were hostile.     Death of a thousand Iron Boning Knifes.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2014, 09:53:56 pm »

wELL YOU WERE BONED FROM THE START.

GUESS IT WAS A SHARP ENDING.

LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE INA FOR A BONING.

fuck why was caps on.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59