Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Survivors of Ragnarok  (Read 6708 times)

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
Re: Survivors of Ragnarok
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:21:56 am »

As interesting as this could be, is there any news on when there will be a playable release?

If you made the topic too soon it might fall into obscurity and be forgotten until then. (made topic too soon?)
One of the devs said on another forum it would be in late December, in a beta/alpha form, I believe.

Supposedly they're unsure of whether or not to release it in open or closed beta ... or to release it at all this month..

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 05:11:42 am »

As interesting as this could be, is there any news on when there will be a playable release?

If you made the topic too soon it might fall into obscurity and be forgotten until then. (made topic too soon?)
One of the devs said on another forum it would be in late December, in a beta/alpha form, I believe.

Supposedly they're unsure of whether or not to release it in open or closed beta ... or to release it at all this month..

Inform them that an open beta is the correct way to do it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 12:52:01 pm »

Inform them that an open beta is the correct way to do it.
I can only imagine if Dwarf Fortress were still not released because it were alpha. It's so much better to have a bajillion people who will bug test your game for free, while getting the publicity from word of mouth...

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 09:59:27 pm »

Well they don't even have a website or anything .. not sure how I could inform them that...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 11:26:00 pm »

At this stage I think a beta is a ways off - they'll be extremely lucky to get an alpha that does anything of means by January. The latest videos they have just show very basic pre-scripted animation of one character over obstacles.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:45 am »

At this stage I think a beta is a ways off - they'll be extremely lucky to get an alpha that does anything of means by January. The latest videos they have just show very basic pre-scripted animation of one character over obstacles.
Then why did they claim December?  I kind of suspect they haven't really shown any videos that really show off what they really have finished, although yeah, that video is a bit disconcerting, being only a month old.  Still, the screenshots look quite impressive, and I suspect they have a lot more done than they let on.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 02:18:36 pm »

Hopefully whoever is developing this doesnt drop it.  Sucks to see such promising projects go silent and MIA.  Nice graphics and concept thought.  It will be nice if they get a website/forums up.

At this point it's about as promising as looking into a trip to Mexico for a kidney transplant by a veterinarian.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:26 pm »

Sounds fun, finding DL link now.
No dl link.
damn.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

Looks like a great game..

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

No dl link.
damn.

It's not out yet silly goose

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »

What's all that "Top 100" stuff about, if everything that's out is some vids and screens? I don't get it.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »

http://www.indiedb.com/games/survivors-of-ragnark

They got some stuff done it seems.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

What's all that "Top 100" stuff about, if everything that's out is some vids and screens? I don't get it.
wtf Minecraft won? BOOOOO.

Tastyrice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 12:18:07 am »

Hey Bay 12,

This is Tastyrice from French Rice Games. I figured I would answer all your questions and respond to your comments all in one go.

Well if you consider mid February late December early January then I believe we are on schedule.

No dl link.
damn.

Luckily for you we just released alpha today... well its 12:12 AM O.o wow.... anyways technically it was yesterday.

Yeah we don't get it either :-/

always wondered why someone didnt take the landscape modification of worms, character management and make it in to a more persistent platform style game.

... actually having landscape modification of worms would be amazing... *scribbles down side note for potential sequel*

It's not out yet silly goose

Alpha just came out banana monkey!

Looks more like a platformer than a management game.  I wonder if it is a 'manage all your critters at top-level' or if it's 'give individual orders'.  Still, 'inspired by' can mean any damn thing, and it is pretty cool looking.

It does mean a damn thing.

If you guys haven't heard alpha is out! It's fairly primitive so don't go in hoping to get your minds blown away. However this is a platform for releasing new builds and getting feedback and people to play test through things. Hope you guys enjoy the alpha and we can't wait to hear your feedback!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/survivors-of-ragnarok/news/survivors-of-ragnark-alpha-released

-Tastyrice

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 02:34:40 am »

If you guys haven't heard alpha is out! It's fairly primitive so don't go in hoping to get your minds blown away. However this is a platform for releasing new builds and getting feedback and people to play test through things. Hope you guys enjoy the alpha and we can't wait to hear your feedback!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/survivors-of-ragnarok/news/survivors-of-ragnark-alpha-released

-Tastyrice

Epic.

:D

Downloading now.

EDIT: An issue I noticed is that it seems I can't dig under a ladder once I've placed one, for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:43:22 am by Farseer »
Pages: 1 [2] 3