Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315898 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #420 on: July 15, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »

Hello!

Just got this error, after trying to look at a world I just retired an adventurer in. Partially modded game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Give this version a shot.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2012, 06:30:53 pm »

I downloaded all the stuff and dumped everything, but .NET isn't doing anything, and since I am awful with anything related to modding, I have no idea what to do.

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2012, 06:35:55 pm »

Great job!

Edit: On the side, can someone explain me why the game sometimes shows me the name in dwarven and in others in english? Seriously, i have just been in so much trouble because of this.. A dwarf made a artifact "about Ushat Wheelcrested" (note: I'm not a native english speaker.. I know what is wheel and what is crest, but I imagined it was a dwarven name..) settling in the midsummer of 7. So, I want to know who is this guy, and the incredible search begins. I first look on dwarf therapist, and no ushat wheelcrested there. So I go in game and look repeatedly on the unit screen (150 dwarfs), on the dead/missing (250 entries), search for each coffin and slab, just to make sure, and absolutely nothing...

So I decide to go on legends mode, and, well, that list have a little too much information to handle, until i come upon this viewer (great things happen from bad situations.. I also recommend putting this link on the wiki on the legends mode, as a recommendation..). After losing the focus and spending a good time looking to the brief history of my world (again, great job Parker147), I forgot the dwarf I was looking for, so I had to go back and open the game in the DF mode again. So I go back to the viewer and finally found the dwarf, named Ushat Wheelcrested, but the only relevant info I had was that she settled on my fort on 7, and became a refugee on 10 (Further looking i saw that this was the destiny of all my dwarfs..), nothing about being dead, etc, so she had to be on my fort.

Well, I return to the original game, and with dwarf therapist i see that on my fort there are 2 ushats, one of them a female and called Ushat Kolzim. I decide look at her, and with the [v]iew key on her I find that Wheelcrest is the english for Kolzim (also found the language_dwarf on the files, that is also great..). And that is how I spent my last 3 hours..

Sorry about this, but I had to write that, and to prevent the creation of another thread (although if recommended i can do so) , can someone explain me why on Earth the game keeps changing names, sometimes showing the english name, and on others the dwarven name? I mean, seriously, pick one!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:58:50 pm by Podesta »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 03, 2012, 11:55:16 am »

I got a couple errors while trying to view legends in a couple of worlds.

I did this using the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod. I know why this is happening, the modder recently added languages that use the non-standard characters that DF is capable of using. I know they will never display as cleanly as they do in-game.

I can understand this might not be easily supported, but if you decide you want to fix these problems I'll try to get a save up later I don't have time at the moment.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

thunderbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2012, 12:31:52 am »

I get this error:

Anything I can do about it? (besides generating a smaller world)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:28 am »

You could allocate more memory to your Java. If that's not enough, try to get a 64-bit version.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »

This thing is great! It adds a whole new level of irony to Legends now that I can see the goals of the historical figures - a lot of the generals who died in their first battle wanted to be immortal.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »

Trying this now for the first time, to provide background for my upcoming community fortress. Man, this is for Legends mode what Dwarf Therapist is for Dwarf Mode  :D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

I generated a world with
   [REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:0]
   [CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]

Is there a way to access more than what I see this way? It's an awful lot of unknown.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 18, 2012, 01:59:42 am »

legends viewer always crashes for me on the monster island maps i generate.
i believe it may be because there are no civilizations, its a legends only world (with human outsiders of course)

here is the error message:

Code: [Select]
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoryParser.SkipAnimalPeople()
   bei LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoryParser.Parse()
   bei LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   bei LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

translated to english that would be:

Code: [Select]
The object-reference was not set to an object-instance.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoryParser.SkipAnimalPeople()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoryParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 30, 2012, 07:08:24 am »

Can anyone port this to mac and linux using monogame?
It probably works well in WINE alongside the Mac/Linux native DF, since it doesn't need to actively access DF's memory. Give that a try first.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Coyote Sans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 02, 2012, 01:31:35 pm »

Got problems with that... i have to use it in VBox..
I'd like some help here.

Unfortunately, the current version of Legends Viewer was written in C# and relies on Internet Explorer to display it's pages, so right now it's Windows only. A multi-platform overhall is considered for future development, but that's far down the list of priorities at the moment. Sorry.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2012, 11:45:00 am »

In Adventure Mode, I got a quest to kill a vampire. The questgiver said the vampire had killed around 2400 people. I checked the vampire out in Legend Viewer, and their kill-list was only about four. I assume the other kills were non-historical characters. Is there a way to include the full kill-count?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:56:28 am by tyrannus007 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

SavageDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »

Broken download link, anyone got a way to download this?

Pollomuhku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2012, 05:21:44 pm »

When you open a site's page, it doesn't link to the page to the page of that '1 Brush titan outcasts'. It works the other way around, though. Is this intended?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44