Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When would you be most able to commit as a Shareholder or Renter?

Immediately!
- 5 (4.7%)
1-2 years
- 5 (4.7%)
3-5 years
- 15 (14%)
6-10 years
- 24 (22.4%)
This is stupid.
- 39 (36.4%)
Never
- 19 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Bay12 Community - For Realz  (Read 9758 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Commune - For Realz
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

This is of course assuming everyone who signs up to this knows how to live by themselves right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 11:10:10 pm »

This is of course assuming everyone who signs up to this knows how to live by themselves right?
That would be pretty important, yes?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »

I think I'd sooner live with a random Craigslist person than with a random B12er. 

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:12 pm »

Or willing to learn, right? Fresh-out-of-high-school people don't have much experience there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:24 pm »

I think I'd sooner live with a random Craigslist person than with a random B12er.

I'd be offended, but there's a theoretical possibility you could end up living with me, so I can't really blame you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 11:53:57 pm »

Or willing to learn, right? Fresh-out-of-high-school people don't have much experience there.
Fresh out of high school people may have an adjustment period to go through if they decide to join, and they'd either be really dedicated to working hard or be able to find a decent paying job right quick. :P I'd recommend at least a year living on your own before even considering this, to be honest.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 12:30:55 am »

Eh, I was just thinking out... loud? Doesn't really apply to a forum, I guess.

I'll probably be moving over by Seattle in two years anyway, and it seems that a lot of other people would do it in two years or so as well. I'm just weighing job and housing options, making sure that such a location is possible for my habitation after high school. Planning ahead and such. Yes, I know it's insane to plan based off of the internet and communist ideals. That's why this is only one of many options.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 12:35:37 am »

Yes, I know it's insane to plan based off of the internet and communist ideals. That's why this is only one of many options.

There are better ways to plan? Lies! :P

Plus, have you seen how I want to organize this? Shares, rent, infrastructure investment, members needs jobs? I'm a dirty capitalist, I just happen to be one who sees the value of communal living arrangements. ;)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 12:48:17 am »

Ooh, here's a question for you. Does a member need a job if they pay for themselves without one. For example, scholarships that help pay for non-tuition stuff such as housing and doing work around the commune.

I shall question you until your plan is unquestionably good!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 01:00:13 am »

I guess you could put me down for a "maybe".
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 04:27:18 am »

You could put me down for a potential shareholder slot during any time in the next four years or so.

I'm currently living in my parent's house in AZ while they're in WA - taking care of it until it gets put on the market or sold.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 04:36:16 am »

If you-all end up in Seattle, I'll drop by for tabletop gaming once in a while?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 09:52:56 am »

For example, scholarships that help pay for non-tuition stuff such as housing and doing work around the commune.

That might be workable. You do realize you can both work AND attend school, though, right?

Sowelu, hope to see now and again, then, once I get there. Do you like Settler's? Cause I have every intent of there being a shitton of Settlers. ^_^ ;)

I have discovered that despite what appear to be a healthy job market in Seattle, there's also a bit more competition. I have gotten job offers in the Mid-North states that would offer to pay for my relocation, though. I might end up spending a year or two in Wisconsin or something on my way West if the pay is right... We'll see. Still have my heart set on Seattle now. :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:01:26 am by GlyphGryph »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 10:08:37 am »

Aww hey... I was going to vote for the floating fortress...  it ends up being: "This is stupid."
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 12:56:57 pm »

This genuinely sounds like something I would get a severe kick out of doing.

I mean, the thought that any morning you could wake up in the fridge divided up in to small labeled tupperware boxes (prepared human pancreas etc.) - that's the stuff that keeps you going!

Unfortunately I don't think my wife would agree. I'm in 'in spirit', but not in reality. Good luck though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9