Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Master Biter > ANY OTHER CHOICE  (Read 3668 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Master Biter > ANY OTHER CHOICE
« on: December 05, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »

So put 10 in wrestling, and 10 in biting, rest in dodge and swimming :D (at least that's what I do, another build is just biting and dodge with lil in swimming).  Does wrestling effect biting when you are using it to shake them under the wrestle menu?

So far using wrestling to knock them unconscious then proceeding to bite off there head is a very quick way to kill someone :D  and how cool is it to be known as a man/dwarf who bites off heads of his victims (then eats them)

for real, discuss

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Biter > ANY OTHER CHOICE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »

Biteing is extremey useful, even when then enemy isn't unconcious, though I would add points to Fighter as it is always useful.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:59:09 pm »

Eating your enemies is elfish, man.

Really, doing ANYTHING to an unconscious enemy is easy.  Knocking them unconscious is the tough part, and that's where wrestling comes in handy.  Even so, there are those enemies who either can't be knocked unconscious or who have necks so large that you are lucky to even damage the skin when strangling.  Considering that it's a helluva lot easier to kill a titan than a goblin ambush without sustaining crippling injuries (lashers!), wrestling isn't a bad choice.

If you are trying to kill an unconscious foe, I recommend "foot to the face."

Fighter IS useful, but it's also insanely easy to train compared to a weapon skill (or better yet, a defensive skill).
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:37:04 pm »

Om-nom-nom-nom.

Tastes like vengance. Vengance and  Kobold...
Everybody!

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:29:58 pm »

Damage to bones is the fastest way to get something to give into pain, and then slitting their throat once they're unconscious is the quickest way to kill if you don't mind that your weapon wont collect any kills
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:04 pm »

Biting seems better for amusement rather than serious combat utility to me, though it is certainly powerful. Not as good as an actual weapon, but still powerful. It seems to make people succumb to pain extremely quickly.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »

When you have bit someone, they can't do anything until they break free, it's like a stun that does DOT

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:52 pm »

They're perfectly capable of doing things, they just can't move until they've broken your hold. They can still attack you.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 10:11:49 pm »

I noticed that when you have someone in a hold, it doesn't seem to always show their attacks unless you look at the announcements page. For awhile, I'd thought that my enemies weren't able to attack back but instead I just wasn't seeing their blows.

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 09:09:17 am »

What about biting people's limbs off and beating them to death with them?
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:16 am »

[/quote

Biting is good for opening arteries, but I don't think it can really tear the limbs off of most creatures.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:16 am »

Eh, I'd say misc item user beats all other skills. Steal a sword, chop the shopkeeper's head off, then start beating other people's heads in with his head. I have a severed head with at least 50 kills. Use wrestling to pry their helmets off.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:23:56 am »

I used my Uplift Engine script to make saltwater crocodile people, and went adventuring with one the other day.  I was biting enemies in half, grabbing the lower body with my mouth and shaking them till they tore in half.  Fun, though not terribly practical against very large enemies.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:08 am »

Biting is good for opening arteries, but I don't think it can really tear the limbs off of most creatures.

I guess you could bite someone's eyelid and shake them around by it, causing it to tear off and remain in your grip, then throw it and hope you get a lucky strike, causing tearing the skull and bruising the brain.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 11:49:32 am »

no, eyelids can't come off with vanilla creatures.
Pages: [1] 2