Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130199 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 8: Countdown
« Reply #1125 on: February 07, 2011, 09:31:24 pm »

Your assumption fails on one thing- I am not cult.  Clearly, however, you have no plan in any case.

Did it not occur to you that (most of the time) when the cult leader dies, the cult dissolves?  Getting rid of the cultists is spinning your wheels.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:38 pm »

Actually, you may re-read the thread and see that it has been discussed for a while, and that the true goal is indeed the death of the leader.

You could also stop insulting everyone intelligence by expecting us to go after the leader when we are 1 vote away from cult majority. You could even vote for a known cultist and help town, but i guess you are not too much into lynching your skelly buddies.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 07, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »

Your assumption fails on one thing- I am not cult.
Then explain your revival.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Night 7: Kidnapper Gets Justice
« Reply #1128 on: February 07, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »

"Ha!" Org yells. "Now who's laughing?" He laughs for added emphasis.

Unfortunately for Org, while he managed to pass basic arithmetic, he seemed to forget that math has no application in the real world.

Frustrated, he goes into the big battlefield in the sky, to meet the open arms of his comrades.

Vote Count
------------------------
Org - Toaster, Mr.Person, Zathras,
Ottofar -
Mr.Person - Nirur Torir, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar, Org,
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -

Not Voting -

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Org has been lynched!

Org was Viktor Reznov (town).

It is now Night.

Org - Viktor Reznov
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers." -Francois Fenelon

(Auto) Tough Soldier: You can survive a kill or lynch.
(Night) Soldier's Instinct [target]: You may determine whether the action the target used at Night was a death-related action.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Night 8: Yes, I Can Count. Stop Asking.
« Reply #1129 on: February 08, 2011, 12:54:37 am »

*click*

I turned around. It was the door alright. Tears welled up in my eyes. I reached for the door and opened it.

I gave one last look at the ghosts, painfully unaware at what had just happened to them.

Ottofar, a roaming sociopath from out of town, had been stabbed to death with what appears to be a NES cartridge. Who really gives a crap what it was?

Mysteriousbluepuppet was ecstatic. He was still yelling, "He's dead. They're all dead. All dead." He'd lost his mind during his disappearing act. It wouldn't have turned out so horribly if he had only made note that Ottofar wasn't the killer he was looking for. Ottofar had gotten radiation poisoning during the nuclear explosion incident and had been unable to move normally, let alone kill people. Mysteriousbluepuppet had forgotten this, however, during his isolation.

Nirur Torir, the only remaining person with a soul, knew what was to come next. He made no comments. Nothing separated him from the many that died before him, and that nothing would separate him from the few who died with him here.

Toaster, Zathras, and Mr.Person were now in charge. Zathras gave a rather toothy grin. Mr.Person gave a dignified nod toward the others. Toaster made gun-shooting motions with his hand at the remaining survivors.

"What can we say, Mysterious?," replied Zathras. "You tried your best. If it makes you feel better, we thought it was that guy over there," he pointed at Nirur. "You really surprised us. So did the dead psycho."

Mysterious, still smiling, began spouting how Zathras can't be talking because he's dead, just like Ottofar and Toaster and Mr.Person.

Nirur Torir sat down on the ground. He was tired. It's not every decade you have to deal with rampaging ghosts, but the problem is they just never stop talking. *sigh*

I looked, not nearly as sympathetic as I ought to have been, turned around, and slammed the door as hard as I could. I even kicked and punched it a few times.

I was wearing my toga again. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same time as I walked in there, like I suspected it would have been. It was day out, and the house itself was slightly dusty and... blurry. It was way too bright out. I called out some names of the people I had seen at the party. I walked downstairs into the kitchen area.

I saw a little girl eating cereal.

"What time is it?" I asked her. She stopped eating her cereal, looking at me. She started screaming, before (comically) running into the other room.

And I'm pretty sure I knew then, but I checked in the bathroom anyway. Sure enough, I was a ghost. Of course. I walked upstairs to the room and entered it. Inside sat a circle of people, all playing a game.

"Is it still too late to join?"

Ottofar has been killed!

Ottofar was Richard (sk).

Mysteriousbluepuppet has lost!

Mysteriousbluepuppet was Scott Pilgrim (mafia).

Nirur Torir has lost!

Nirur Torir was a Serial Poet Roleblocker (town).

IronyOwl, Zathras, Mr.Person, Toaster, and Archangel have won the game!

Zathras was a Skeleton (cult).

Mr.Person was a Skeleton (cult).

Toaster was a Skeleton (cult).

Ottofar - Richard
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." -J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Auto) Warlock: You revive once on death. You cannot vote after reviving.
(Night) Fireball [target]: You burn the target, killing them. Their role is not shown on death, but you are given a copy.

MysteriousBluePuppet - Scott Pilgrim
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan

(Auto) D-Pad: Up, Left, Down, and Right can only be activated while using A or B.
(A) Up: Your next ability cannot be redirected or roleblocked. A-abilities may be used at anytime, but only one action may be used during any Day or Night phase.
(A) Left: When you use your next ability, you are appear as Town to inspections. A-abilities may be used at anytime, but only one action may be used during any Day or Night phase.
(A) Down: Your next ability also blocks the target from actioning. A-abilities may be used at anytime, but only one action may be used during any Day or Night phase.
(A) Right: Future inspections on the target to appear as Mafia. A-abilities may be used at anytime, but only one action may be used during any Day or Night phase.
(A) A [target]: You inspect your target, learning their rolename.
(Mafiakill) B [target]: You kill your target.

Nirur Torir - Serial Poet Roleblocker
"All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling." -Oscar Wilde

(Auto) Serial Poet: You may target anyone that posts a haiku during the Day. You must quote this post in order for it to work. If you use Serial Poet, you may only target people that have spoken haikus.
(Night) Block [target]: You block your target with incessant poetry.

Now, perhaps you're asking why the cult won with a killer still alive. That would be that they currently held a majority of votes with no way of being stopped by said killer. So, the cult indeed wins. Sorry if I broke your hearts, people. But, at least it's game over!

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.
« Reply #1130 on: February 08, 2011, 01:15:23 am »

Woot! We win! This took forever-and-a-half!

MBP, we indeed were gunning for Ottofar next, I assumed that your being kidnapped made you a confirmed townie. Was that an accidental/random redirect or an on-purpose thing? If it was deliberate, it was quite cunning of you scum!

Good game, all, I enjoyed it greatly. It took too long, but it was fun. Kudos to Nirur for endless patience as last bastion of town and cool role, to Web for being a good mod, and to (almost) all players for being good sports and letting us get away with murder for so long (not literally, us skeletons were pacifists).

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 08, 2011, 01:28:50 am »

Zathras: FUCK. YOU.

If the game had started just a week later, things would have been completely different...
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 08, 2011, 01:34:15 am »

Hahahah... u mad?

It was great fun, dude, and, just for posterity:

A message from Aperture Science:
LurkerTracker® GLaDOS Edition.
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart. And killed me.
And tore me to pieces. And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!

So I'm GLaD I got burned. Think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
I've experiments to run. There is research to be done.
On the people who are still alive.
And believe me I am still alive.
And fuck you Jokerman, I'm still alive.
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.
While you're dying I'll be still alive.
And when you're dead I will be still alive.
STILL ALIVE. STILL ALIVE.

Heheh... you were scum, and you totally deserved it, so don't be a sore looooooser. 8-P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 08, 2011, 02:02:26 am »

HAHAHAHA! Excellent, excellent.

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering just what the hell happened: The answer, of course, is that web is a bastard.

You are a Necromancer (Town).

IronyOwl - Necromancer
"No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow." -Euripides

(Auto) Skeletal Army: For each Skeleton alive, you gain an extra vote.
(Night) Revive [target]: You revive the target as a Skeleton with no actions.

Yes, I probably should have suspected something when I found out I had infinite revives, but it's a non-bastard BYOR and it was revive-heavy and when I asked about Zathras he said "it was supposed to say they gain your alignment" unless the target was mafia. I'm still not sure if my turning into a skeleton was preplanned or related to Archangel's... behavior.

So, great fun all around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:45 am »

Wow, Webadict. Really? Really, Web? You included what's almost the Hypnotist from Neruz's (Epic) Bastard Mod?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 08, 2011, 03:24:14 am »

HAHAHAHA! Excellent, excellent.

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering just what the hell happened: The answer, of course, is that web is a bastard.
[...] when I asked about Zathras he said "it was supposed to say they gain your alignment" unless the target was mafia. I'm still not sure if my turning into a skeleton was preplanned or related to Archangel's... behavior.

A bastard indeed. A Wuba game doesn't need to be so tagged to be bastardly. The guy oozes it into all games he runs.

I'm not sure about the alignment. The way you say it it sounds like I should have been town, but my skeleton PM said "(cult)". About your skeletification, I assumed that when one skeleton had been killed in any way (as Arch was) that you'd be turned into a skeleton then; but that was just my thinking, I had no way of knowing either way.

To others: each skeleton retained an "Undead Fervour" power that was a small shadow of what they had earlier; Person had a transmutation of actions targeting him, Irony had an extra vote, Toaster, uh, something I forget, and I had a "tie-breaker", which is the reason the last day ended with an Org lynch instead of a tie (it only worked on ties, so like 0.5 vote).

Also, an amusing note: Caligula, my original role, was "sk" of alignment, and did have the three votes thing, but he had no night kill! How emasculating is that!? Being a serial non-killer was less cool than I hoped, but the three votes seemed powerful enough to make an honest try for it... until Joker fragged me and turned me into the winning team.

Last point: As Wuba hasn't posted all the details, here's the link to the Cult Chat, which I'll trade you scummy dudes for the link to the Scum Chat... I think it'll be a fun read.

Zathras out...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 08, 2011, 03:41:42 am »

What makes me most angry is that Toaster nuked me for a nonexistent scumslip.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting... And Ghastly Death
« Reply #1137 on: February 08, 2011, 04:08:28 am »

Good job everyone but me. I hope you had fun.

Sorry about what I did. I'm not going to try playing again anytime soon, if ever, so please don't say anything about it. Anything that could be said has either been said or doesn't need to be.

Here's a couple of quotes from D1 which I hope explain why I did what I did when I was revived, rather than request a replacement. I'm not trying to get out of the rank decrease or anything, just pointing this out.
Web, I request a replacement. I'm feeling too apathetic to play. Sorry.
Also, Archangel in troooouble now...

That is all.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 08, 2011, 08:11:52 am »

Why did not killing the Leader work, why!?. Damnit, And i would have gotten away wiht it if it wasnt for that medling cult !

Yes, my auto-kidnapping was indeed deliberate. Saw the occasion for a nice lurk trip, and with the scans that was indeed good alibi. I also did not kill on purpose on my free night, for the purpose of convincing there was no more mafia. had hoped that killing the head would have been enough, and only ottofar was still alive whom i believed could be it. Frankly, i was wary of breaking the NKs on the cult, since i did waaaaaay back day 2 on Zathras and got no result (turned nice for my alibi, indeed) . I still wonder what made that happen.

Edit : Scumchat

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/K8S23sqNKyQ
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:14:44 am by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 08, 2011, 08:16:54 am »

Also, sorry to Argem. I asked him to kill while it would have been much more helpfull to stay low. Sorry buddy
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77