Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130280 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 6: Poor Kitty
« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »

Org: Throwing your vote on Mr. Person will prevent a no-lynch today and get rid of a cult member.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #1036 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »

Yeah, Org, do eeet.

Interestingly, the votes on Org right now are two cultists + Irony.

Irony, do you think lynching Org is worth risking cult majority, if he doesn't flip cult?

I'm all for Lynch All Liars, unless it could potentially end the game with cult win.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 01, 2011, 04:23:53 pm »

Irony, do you think lynching Org is worth risking cult majority, if he doesn't flip cult?
Possibly. Lynching a cultist is just treading water; I agree it seems unlikely that Org would be the leader with two of them voting him, but his current strategy certainly seems to rely on RiA, so I wouldn't rule it out. More importantly, he was willing to be blocked with everyone else only to save his own life, so he's obviously scum of some variety. I'd rather dispose of scum and get a shot at the leader than play whack-a-mole with the cult's goons.

At this point, however, I'm thinking a better idea might be NativeForeigner. I really don't buy that double-kidnapping bugged it out or that scum has been stealing his role; I think he's got an ability that lets him kidnap and hold one target at a time, and he's been using it on the inspector because he doesn't want to be found out. The fact that he's been kidnapping on nights we know there was a revive would seem to mean he can't be the cult leader, but it's almost guaranteed that if he dies MBP will come back, so in theory we won't actually lose a vote.

Argembarger, why do you think the cult skeleton was unblockable?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 01, 2011, 04:41:11 pm »

Zathras needs a prod man. Hes been out for like four days.

Anyway, why is it Mr Person?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #1039 on: February 01, 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

This does, particularly the Undead Fervor bit. Why are they unblockable if they have no other abilities? My theory is it aids the cult as a whole somehow, and/or that the different skeletons have different abilities they are lending to their master.

Org: Mr. Person because he's a cultist and I think he's pretty useless on top of that. Do you have a suggestion?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »

This does, particularly the Undead Fervor bit. Why are they unblockable if they have no other abilities? My theory is it aids the cult as a whole somehow, and/or that the different skeletons have different abilities they are lending to their master.

Org: Mr. Person because he's a cultist and I think he's pretty useless on top of that. Do you have a suggestion?
Hm. Derped.
Mr Person.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 01, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

Possibly. Lynching a cultist is just treading water; I agree it seems unlikely that Org would be the leader with two of them voting him, but his current strategy certainly seems to rely on RiA, so I wouldn't rule it out. More importantly, he was willing to be blocked with everyone else only to save his own life, so he's obviously scum of some variety. I'd rather dispose of scum and get a shot at the leader than play whack-a-mole with the cult's goons.

At this point, however, I'm thinking a better idea might be NativeForeigner. I really don't buy that double-kidnapping bugged it out or that scum has been stealing his role; I think he's got an ability that lets him kidnap and hold one target at a time, and he's been using it on the inspector because he doesn't want to be found out. The fact that he's been kidnapping on nights we know there was a revive would seem to mean he can't be the cult leader, but it's almost guaranteed that if he dies MBP will come back, so in theory we won't actually lose a vote.

Irony, if you'll recall BOTH Toaster and MBP were missing at one point. Besides, my ability's called Push. Like I said, I didn't use it last night. I'm also starting to think that Irony is the Cult Leader. I also think Org is scum. But I really wanna get that little bit of buffer space before we start on those two.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 01, 2011, 06:15:17 pm »

Also, Irony, I'm willingly allowing myself to be blocked by Nirur's Haiku-thingy. If MBP still doesn't come back, you know it's not me. If he does, someone's been leeching my power and the block prevented them from doing it again.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2011, 06:28:07 pm »

Irony, if you'll recall BOTH Toaster and MBP were missing at one point. Besides, my ability's called Push. Like I said, I didn't use it last night. I'm also starting to think that Irony is the Cult Leader. I also think Org is scum. But I really wanna get that little bit of buffer space before we start on those two.
native. I am also willingly being blocked.
Derp derp derp/
If you recall, I watched you alst night derp derpd erp.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:33 pm »

Irony, I'm interested in your own theory on why that skeleton had <unblockable> as its only ability.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 01, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »

native. I am also willingly being blocked.
Derp derp derp/
If you recall, I watched you alst night derp derpd erp.

Only after some serious pushing, though.
Herp herp herp.
What's that have to do with anything? Herp herpd erp.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 5: Undying Days
« Reply #1046 on: February 01, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Org - Toaster, Zathras,
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person - Argembarger, NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir, Org,
NativeForeigner - IronyOwl,
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Ottofar, Mr.Person,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »

It still seems to me that people make too much of that possible cult... Sure, Arch apparently was some sort of cultist, but as I said earlier, I'm not, neither was Ottofar, and I have no reason to think Toaster is either. Person, maybe, mostly for his scummy/lurky play than the cult idea, though.

That's why I've continued voting Org. We have to find Jokerman's scumbuddies, don't we? I am pretty sure Native isn't it, I don't think he'd have bussed him. I think it's Org and Arg, though Pandar flipping town makes Nirur a bit suspicious.

Still, if people are fixated on the cult idea, I also think it makes more sense to go for the leader than for mooks. Since I don't think Native is Jokerman's buddy, he's a good candidate for being the cultist. Vote NativeForeigner.

But make no mistake, Org is scum. We should be lynching him instead.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 01, 2011, 09:10:26 pm »

Hey, Sir Derps-a-lot, why is it me.
When You Try To Get A Wagon, Make Sure You Post Some Reasons OkAy BrOsKy?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:08 pm »

Because of the delay thing, yes. It seems likely that would bypass the normal limits for the night it happened, but force you to spit one out afterwards. Incidentally, nice OMGUS.

Also, Irony, I'm willingly allowing myself to be blocked by Nirur's Haiku-thingy. If MBP still doesn't come back, you know it's not me. If he does, someone's been leeching my power and the block prevented them from doing it again.
No, we won't. According to you, your ability auto-releases them the next day, yes? So by that reasoning, it shouldn't even be possible to chain-kidnap someone because they're untargetable during the night and then reappear during the day. Blocking shouldn't affect that.

By my theory, on the other hand, it doesn't matter whether you're blocked or not; you'd need to release MBP or use your power on someone else to bust him out.

So you tell me: How is this ability-stealing scum targeting someone untargetable?

Irony, I'm interested in your own theory on why that skeleton had <unblockable> as its only ability.
My guess is that the cult leader can move his power(s) onto his mooks. That might seem unusually powerful, but given the number of blockers and self-revivers we've got floating around, it might not be out of line.

It's also occurred to me that Archangel had unblockable as an auto ability. It's possible they keep non-action abilities, which would also explain someone's weirdness trying to target Person. We already tested Zathras for his, however, so if that's the case it'd mean he's clean.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77