Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: PeTA  (Read 7575 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeTA
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:27 pm »

Wasn't that also the video that made a number of outright false claims, such as claiming a monkey being sprayed with water was being sprayed with acid, or that an autopsy was actually vivisection? So a number of good scientists got their careers ruined because some little shitheads decided to make up stories about them.

I have no idea. I don't really know much about them. As I thought I said. I was wondering why people don't like them.

It is proper that people involved in vivisection are to be kept in check to prevent unnecessary cruelty.

Unless it's human vivisection, not really. If medical research requires an animal be vivisected, then forbidding it is tantamount to murder.
So you don't think there should be any checks at labs ? That's what I meant. You seem to automatically put human life above non human life.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:46 pm »

Its because people give more of a shit about human life, ergo it is more important.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sock Puppet

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hmm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2010, 11:40:08 pm »

Its because people give more of a shit about human life, ergo it is more important.
Makes sense to me

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2010, 11:45:36 pm »

WHO ARE YOU MISTER SOCK PUPPET
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sock Puppet

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hmm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2010, 11:50:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahh, so Pathos has shown his true face at last.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:07 am »

You seem to automatically put human life above non human life.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect you were trying to say something else yet phrased it poorly.

In case you didn't, and are literally asking the people here if they put human life about non-human life: Yeah, pretty much. In fact, I'd say that most people will tend to be biased towards this opinion by virtue of being human.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 12:07:18 am »

Indeed, I believe it goes: Children>Self>Close family>Family>People are like you>People who act like you>Humans>other.

As it should.

I've been reading a few of the threads TTT has started, and I've gotten a sinking feeling... does anyone else think that TTT is The Merchant of Madness? They're sorta named the same way, and I just have that feeling that somethings up.

Not really, there are some superficial similarities, but they act quite different.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:48 am »

Where's "People you like" in there?

Also, conspiracy theory: PeTA is a right-wing front to scare people away from animal rights.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2010, 12:12:11 am »

Wasn't that also the video that made a number of outright false claims, such as claiming a monkey being sprayed with water was being sprayed with acid
Technically, water is acidic. Oxygen atoms and all that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2010, 12:13:55 am »

Where's "People you like" in there?

People like you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2010, 12:18:07 am »

As long as I am x2 posting.

This seems like the best thread to say this in:

Idea/theory: Sockpuppet guy is TTT.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2010, 12:19:28 am »

Seems to be a reasonable assumption, though I'd hate for there to actually be a new poster who wev'e scared off with our paranoia.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:38 am »

He seems like the type of guy that if I am wrong will not be scared off by it.

And since he has four posts that makes me think he may be TTT even more.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2010, 12:25:14 am »

Wrong posting hours, assuming TTT didn't decide to do an all-nighter. That said, TTT and TMoM have extremely similar posting hours even for people in the same region.

I love the way this board seems to be slowly sinking into a kind of paranoid malady.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9