Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: PeTA  (Read 7609 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PETA
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 09:08:39 pm »

You know, I but I knoe Why TTT doesn't post on his own threads.
I mean, this discussion is pretty derailed, and this is nowhere near the most derailing we cando.

I mean, I could see now it culd be offputting to someone who wants to stay on the rails.

He don't even post in his thread that don't derail.
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:36 am »

I prefer not to interfere in threads that are going well. It's nice to see what people think without me poking them. Also, they derail when I do post. =(
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2010, 05:36:45 am »

How many Peta members does it take to change a lightbulb?.... None, Peta can't change anything.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 06:02:14 am »

PETA can be summed up in one sentence: a bunch of extremist "pro-animal rights" group that's only in for the money and publicity. It's obvious becuse of two things: all the crazy stuff they do, and what they actually do to the animals.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

PETA can be summed up in one sentence: a bunch of extremist "pro-animal rights" group that's only in for the money and publicity. It's obvious becuse of two things: all the crazy stuff they do, and what they actually do to the animals.

Their treatment of animals is hypocritical. However, I think they actually believe their philosophy, and are not just in it for money and publicity. Oh, and sorry to nitpick, but that is two sentences. 

CORRECTION:it is one sentence
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:14:14 am by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:08 am »

You fail at nitpick.
Love, scriver~

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2010, 03:34:03 pm »

In what way do Peta treat animals which is perceived as hypocritical or unwanted ? Why exactly do people have such low opinions of them ? Can anybody explain ?
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »

So yeah, PETA. Puts down all the animals they rescue. To them death preserving the dignity of the animal is better than a pen. To me, so long as they are not in an unhealthy environment whatever.

The organization has practiced euthanasia for years. Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17,000 animals, nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued.

You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2010, 03:41:05 pm »

In what way do Peta treat animals which is perceived as hypocritical or unwanted ? Why exactly do people have such low opinions of them ? Can anybody explain ?

PETA rescued 3000 animals in 2006 in America. Out of those, they euthanised 97%. Source.

Try and remember that PETA has about $40 million in the bank and they couldn't be bothered spending that to care for these animals. Instead, they went the cheap route of $20 injections to euthanise them.

They're attention-whoring, hypocritical, vaguely moronic ("HURR RENAME FISH TO SEA KITTENS"), semi-dangerous and get shit loads of support and funding from idiots.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

DOUBLE EDIT: They got worse in 2009. 1/300 animals were given to a home. That's a slaughter rate of 99.7(recurring)%. Absolutely disgusting. Or impressive, depending on your viewpoint.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:45:05 pm by The Transcendent Tyrant »
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2010, 03:53:24 pm »

Cause of threads confirmed.
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2010, 03:56:27 pm »

Cause of threads confirmed.

You're very obnoxious.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2010, 03:56:49 pm »

You do realize that most of the animals PETA and government animal control people seize are investigated and seized precisely because they're kept in squalid conditions of the verge of death.  Most of them can't be "rescued" in any meaningful sense.

Maybe not 97%, but think about it.  How many people actually want to adopt grown animals, and usually not housepet animals, that have already been horribly abused and malnourished?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2010, 04:01:09 pm »

You do realize that most of the animals PETA and government animal control people seize are investigated and seized precisely because they're kept in squalid conditions of the verge of death.  Most of them can't be "rescued" in any meaningful sense.

Maybe not 97%, but think about it.  How many people actually want to adopt grown animals, and usually not housepet animals, that have already been horribly abused and malnourished?

Quote from: PeTAKillsAnimals.com
The Virginia Beach SPCA, just down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, manages to adopt out the vast majority of the animals in its care. And it does it on a shoestring budget.

Quite a few, it seems.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: PeTA
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2010, 04:02:17 pm »

Yes, because a website titled "PeTA Kills Animals .com" is the number one source for objective information.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: PeTA
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 04:05:13 pm »

I'd be inclined to agree Aqizzar.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9