Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dick Cheney: Wanted Man  (Read 4851 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Cheney: Wanted Man
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:47 pm »

Fun fact: At present, the USA won't care that much if Dick Cheney gets arrested. His time as a powerful politician is now over.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »

Fun fact: At present, the USA won't care that much if Dick Cheney gets arrested. His time as a powerful politician is now over.

All according to the plan.....meh.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »

Fun factopinion: At present, the USA won't care that much if Dick Cheney gets arrested. His time as a powerful politician is now over.
[citation needed]
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 08:38:10 pm »

Yeah, he still heads the illuminati.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »

I always know that I have come out on top on this forum when people can't think of a way to refute my statement and decide to ask for citation instead.

This tactic is also used by creationists.

EDIT: If it makes you feel better see: His activity since the end of his term as VP.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:41:48 pm by Grakelin »
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:31 pm »

No, dude, it's just that you stated that as a fact, and it's like, your opinion. He's still a wealthy, inffluential man, and I am sort of curious on to why you think he is irrelevant. Did he become bankrupt overnight? lose his contacts in the GOP?

If you like to mindwank to the idea of "winning the internets" far from my intention to dissuade you, though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:56 pm »

-----
I always know that I have come out on top on this forum when people can't think of a way to refute my statement and decide to ask for citation instead.

This tactic is also used by creationists.

..Wait what?

Asking for citation or source, is proper in discussions and debates. Its called fact checking. I don't get the creationist bit there at all.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:05 pm »

"Oh shit, he just told me that scientists have spent years proving evolution to be true. Hmm, well, I could refute what he says using my own facts, or..."

"CITATION NEEDED!"

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:46 pm »

"Oh shit, he just told me that scientists have spent years proving evolution to be true. Hmm, well, I could refute what he says using my own facts, or..."

"CITATION NEEDED!"
strawmaaan.

stop trying so hard, Grakelin. And please provide links to the material that in your opinion suggests that Chenney is a political dead weight.

And stop being an ass. The request is legitimate and you know it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:45:57 pm by ChairmanPoo »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 08:45:39 pm »

Why would I be strawmanning when the last point made was my own, and you have stated disagreement with it without explaining why? I'm not the one who's left this hanging.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »

Let's not get carried away here.  He holds no office, he's not seeking any office, he has no legacy position or authority.  He has Secret Protection as a highly visible political figure, but otherwise he's just Private Citizen Richard Cheney.  Former office holders have no technical legal immunity.

Practical legal immunity, yeah, he's got that out the cybernetic wazoo.  But the future is a different country, provided he lives much longer anyway.  All that being said, while I totally agree with Grakelin about spouting "CITATION NEEDED" anytime someone says something pretty easily observed as true that someone happens to not like hearing, still, dude, calm down and drop the Creationism crap.

In more political news: As I said, foreign governments charging members of the Bush administration with serious crimes is not a new idea.  Speaking of the Wikileaks, new details were revealed about the government of Spain charging several high-level people with war crimes, notably not including Dick Cheney, to be administered by Interpol.  Since this was just a year or so ago, it's theoretically still on the table.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:46 pm »

I totally agree with Grakelin that spouting "CITATION NEEDED" anytime someone says some pretty easily observed as true that someone happens to not like hearing
dude, I couldn't care less about Chenney's ultimate fate, and in fact would rejoice if he got his comeuppance. I simply doubt he is the nonentity that he is being painted as, and even if he was this is hardly an obvious "fact", and should be backed up. Again, I don't have any personal problem with this being true, but I want a better source for the statement than a lame "fun fact" comment.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:50:18 pm by ChairmanPoo »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 08:49:55 pm »

He has been completely inactive on the political stage for nearly two years. Can you come forward with some evidence suggesting that this is not fact? If you do, you are apparently a far better researcher than I.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

Let's not get carried away here.  He holds no office, he's not seeking any office, he has no legacy position or authority.  He has Secret Protection as a highly visible political figure, but otherwise he's just Private Citizen Richard Cheney.  Former office holders have no technical legal immunity.

Practical legal immunity, yeah, he's got that out the cybernetic wazoo.  But the future is a different country, provided he lives much longer anyway.  All that being said, while I totally agree with Grakelin about spouting "CITATION NEEDED" anytime someone says something pretty easily observed as true that someone happens to not like hearing, still, dude, calm down and drop the Creationism crap.

In more political news: As I said, foreign governments charging members of the Bush administration with serious crimes is not a new idea.  Speaking of the Wikileaks, new details were revealed about the government of Spain charging several high-level people with war crimes, notably not including Dick Cheney, to be administered by Interpol.  Since this was just a year or so ago, it's theoretically still on the table.

This brings me back as seeing this as rather cool form of a global unification.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 08:54:19 pm »

I totally agree with Grakelin that spouting "CITATION NEEDED" anytime someone says some pretty easily observed as true that someone happens to not like hearing
dude, I couldn't care less about Chenney's ultimate fate, and in fact would rejoice if he got his comeuppance. I simply doubt he is the nonentity that he is being painted as, and even if he was this is hardly an obvious "fact", and should be backed up. Again, I don't have any personal problem with this being true, but I want a better source for the statement than a lame "fun fact" comment.

No, you do not need referential evidence to prove that a person does not hold a public office anymore.  Political "importance" as a figure is not something that can be given evidential proof.  On the question of whether he has any real immunity from being charged with crimes, no citation is needed - he is not immune, end of story.  Arguing about that is arguing about conspiracy.

All that being said, I have actual evidence for why the U.S. government probably won't cooperate with anything.  That Spanish-issued war crimes thing?  Another bit of leaking shows that putting the kibosh on foreign legal accountability was about the first thing the Bush and Obama legal transition teams agreed on.  So there's that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4