Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One Small Favor - Adventure Mode  (Read 884 times)

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
One Small Favor - Adventure Mode
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:51:10 am »

Awhile ago I made this post.

Since Toady's been working on Adventure Mode, I feel the need to propagate it once more. Here's a repost of one of my ideas:

There should be two new body token: "[FIREGLAND:#tiles:ConeofFireo:tempo]" and "[SILKGLAND:#tiles:ConeofFireo]", which would determine that the body part is capable of producing either webbing or fire. You would construct a body part like this:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:DRAGON_GIZZARD]
[BP:DGIZZARD:gizzard][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL][FIREGLAND:24:45:10800]

[BODY:GIANT_SPINNERET]
[BP:GSPINNERET:spinneret][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][SMALL][SILKGLAND:10:20]

Then, using the [f]ire key, the option to spit fire/webbing using the marksman system is available. In the above examples, the adventure would shoot fire that would consume 24 tiles in a 45o angle from the point of fire at a temperature equal to the homeothermic value of a magma man. The body part will then need a few steps to refill its sac.

However, you could also do something like this:

[BODY:2GIZZARD]
[BP:RGIZZARD:right gizzard][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL][FIREGLAND:24:45:10800]
[BP:LGIZZARD:left gizzard][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL][FIREGLAND:24:45:10800]

Then, the character would have the ability to shoot two jets of fire immediately, but would then need to wait for at least one of them to refill after the other has.

Just a thought.  ;)

Also, it appears Flight has been outright removed from Adventure Mode. Sadfaec.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Small Favor - Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:46:07 am »

What happens when silk/firebreath attacks are phased out entirely and replaced with breath attacks? Should there be a generic bodypart token that applies to all breath attacks? Additionally, when that occurs, there'll be no use for the "temp" field as that'll be handled at the material level. The other fields are probably better handled at the creature level (I've no idea if bodyparts are even capable of handling this sort of thing under the current system).

Edit:

Also, it appears Flight has been outright removed from Adventure Mode. Sadfaec.

Nope. Just tested it, and it works fine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:05:55 pm by 3 »

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: One Small Favor - Adventure Mode
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »

That's a simple tweak of the structure, then.

[BODY:DRAGON_GIZZARD]
[BP:DGIZZARD:gizzard][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL][GLAND:material:24:45]