Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 637255 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Lost Dimensions. Life goes on.
« Reply #10110 on: February 17, 2011, 06:58:36 am »

((Firefox? Lolwut, she's a panda.))
"Alright, lemme get the ether or whatever we have."
Thera puts a mask on Amy, with a tube leading several places. One is the open air, another is a container. It's labeled 'Generic gas to knock people out.'
"Okay, this should work."
She activates a valve, which naturally switches the gas from air to the mixture of whatever that is and air. Once that works its mag-er, science, she commences SURGERY.

SE knows more about it than Twi does, I think.

EDITED:
Surgery happens. Luckily, bleeding is kept to a minimum. Close the blood vessels leading to implant before taking it out= accomplished. And then fixed once it's done.
And it works, and it looks almost as good as though it hadn't happened.
---
Thera switches the valve to normal air again.

((EDIT: And with this edit I am gone. This last edit.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:44:54 am by Twi »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: February 17, 2011, 08:16:12 am »

*Vorthon is still in the medbay, by Nysa's bed.*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: February 17, 2011, 08:22:51 am »

*Amity is on her bed, sleeping lightly, head matted with blood, as the accumulated effects of cerebral trauma, pain and bloodloss having overcome the diminutive red panda's stamina.*

*Meanwhile, the tide of 'gaunts assaults Jon while Zoanthropes keep his psychic tempest contained lest it harm others. Shadows softly slither between the 'gaunts, taking up positions.*

*The Tyrant itself walks into the medbay in all its 4 meter tall alien glory and rests against the wall near Vorthon.*
T: "She seems stable enough. Do you suggest we try and eliminate the other parasites?"
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: February 17, 2011, 08:25:42 am »

*Vorthon merely nods in response.*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: February 17, 2011, 08:38:53 am »

T: "Considering the first decided to move away as she was nearing respiratory and cardiac failure, a possibility would be to keep her in a chemically-induced coma, then deliberately cause her a controlled mass organ failure... After we put her on respiratory aid, dialysis and install a pacemaker as backup systems should complications occur."
T: "When she nears the risk of tissue hypoxia we restart her systems, or the fail-safes if needed. If there is still a possibility that not all parasites have been removed, we let her body recover briefly then restart the procedure..."

*It seems to trail off, its mind momentarily focused somewhere else as it looks at Amy's prone body.* T: "Imbeciles... Regardless..."

T: "Unfortunately we can not slow her metabolism by lowering her core temperature as that would affect the parasites as well, making them go dormant and resist attempts of removal. Would you suggest an alternate course of action?"
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: February 17, 2011, 08:40:34 am »

*Vorthon merely shrugs.*

"Whatever has to be done." he mumbles.*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: February 17, 2011, 08:48:09 am »

*Jon is still lashin out, although he seems a little weaker.. Aegis is apparantly firing tranquilizers at him, they are only having a small effect...*
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: February 17, 2011, 08:58:53 am »

T: "Then provisions shall be made towards her treatment. It would, however, be immensely helpful if you could tell me more about these... bodily invaders, as Arek has not done studying it yet and merely by consuming a single specimen I would not garner much insight. And also, for that matter, about your progenitor race's nature and history. If those were their ships that ravaged the system so short a while ago, anything will help. For now, all we know for certain is that they have heavy firepower, resilient ships and a distaste for daemonic incursion. The last item will, I hope, not be relevant to our defense..."

*Somewhere else, as the tide of gaunts is butchered by Jon, the shadows leap out at him, resolving themselves into an entire genestealer brood. Some miss their mark, but some bite into the human's body, injecting a cocktail of anesthetics and paralytics, enough to make a squad drift into sudden unconsciousness.*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:21 am »

*shakes self*
"woah, brain fart... what have i missed?"

((clay in the hospital))

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: February 17, 2011, 09:12:26 am »

T: "Then provisions shall be made towards her treatment. It would, however, be immensely helpful if you could tell me more about these... bodily invaders, as Arek has not done studying it yet and merely by consuming a single specimen I would not garner much insight. And also, for that matter, about your progenitor race's nature and history. If those were their ships that ravaged the system so short a while ago, anything will help. For now, all we know for certain is that they have heavy firepower, resilient ships and a distaste for daemonic incursion. The last item will, I hope, not be relevant to our defense..."

"I honestly can't tell you anything about these parasites... we've never really encountered anything like them..."

"As for the Torikan's progenitor race, it's fairly complicated. Are you familiar with a globular cluster called Omega Centauri?"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: February 17, 2011, 09:30:30 am »

((LE WHOOPS. Argh. I'll control myself this time. Meanwhile, defusing the situation!))
Berkar is blinked to the area of the deaths. He looks at both corpses, and manages to avoid Jonathan long enough to put both of them in stasis cell that he conveniently designed on the Ark, and comforts Jonathan by assuring him all is gonna be fine after a few things...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:36 am »

"I honestly can't tell you anything about these parasites... we've never really encountered anything like them..."

"As for the Torikan's progenitor race, it's fairly complicated. Are you familiar with a globular cluster called Omega Centauri?"

T: "Not particularly. We hardly bother to ask directions when we decide to eat out... Though I assume it is nowhere near the Solar or Ultima Segmentums?"

((@Phantom: You're comforting a raging psychic maniac in a wave of 'nids with four-ish genestealers biting into him? Awsum!))

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:54 am »

T: "Not particularly. We hardly bother to ask directions when we decide to eat out... Though I assume it is nowhere near the Solar or Ultima Segmentums?"

"I'm not familiar with those terms... Anyways, Omega Centauri is the largest globular cluster orbiting the Milky Way. It has approximately a million stars, and evidence suggests it was once the core of a small galaxy, which was incorporated into the Milky Way quite some time ago. The core, however, survived. And our progenitor race was at that time a type III civilization on the Kardashev scale, so the center of their galaxy was the logical place for them to congregate. When they started running out resources, they created us and sent us out into the Milky Way to gather more. Of course, we were vastly different in appearance back then..."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: February 17, 2011, 10:17:44 am »

T: "So... not from the Milky Way then?... Then disregard the nomenclature I have referred to. These were, firstly, the section of the galaxy that the Tyranid Hive Fleets hoped to reach, containing Holy Terra, and respectively the outmost part of the Milky Way across the galactic center from Sol, from where the Fleets pour into the galaxy. It is quite possible we simply missed it... or it not existing altogether... there are many differences between the Milky Ways we each know of, it seems... Regardless... This <<type III>> civilization, whatever that may mean, ran itself ragged and sent your kin out for... grocery runs. Please continue."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:02 am »

T: "So... not from the Milky Way then?... Then disregard the nomenclature I have referred to. These were the sections of the galaxy that the Tyranid Hive Fleets hoped to reach, the first containing Sol, and respectively the outmost part of the Milky Way across the galactic center from Holy Terra, from where the Fleets pour into the galaxy. It is quite possible we simply missed it... or it not existing altogether... there are many differences between the Milky Ways we each know of, it seems... Regardless... This <<type III>> civilization, whatever that may mean, ran itself ragged and sent your kin out for... grocery runs. Please continue."

"When they sent us out, it was in great numbers. Millions, if not hundreds of millions, in the proccess dismantling several of the smaller stars in the cluster for materials to create us. We would be sent to planets for some odd reason, stripping the crust of anything heavier than hydrogen, and eventually stripping the mantle. We would send these resources back in great shipments, and continue onwards. Now that I think about it, they may have made us target planets out of some kind of bitter resentment at losing their ancestral homeworld when most of the stars in their galaxy were scattered by the merger with the Milky Way... They also sent one of their number to act as an overseer for us... I'm having a bit of trouble here... the mind transfer affected us... It's more like I'm describing some half-remembered dream than my race's history..."
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 2023