Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 636981 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Lost Dimensions. Impending Terror!!
« Reply #7365 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:20 am »

((@ Phantom: The conversation is by radio. From the moon; just tap into the speaker system.))

*A Warrior, modified as to speak by voice and not by ramming thoughts into others' minds, slithers to Taric, and joins the conversation, quite uninvited.*

"Also, he has an associate by the name of Nysa; female, snow-leopard variety; average height. Amber eyes, black hair. Pathologically annoying. Do any of the mangled corpses you came across so far match her description?"
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:58 am »

@MM: *The Mal begin to chant upon hearing this, beating their chests and stamping their feet in unison. The resulting effect is slightly mesmerizing.*

@Taric & SE:

"There's no Torikan by the name of Vorthon here that matches that description... And as for this Nysa, we haven't found her corpse... But we have found her..."

*The sound of someone being shoved aside.*

"Hello, Tyrant. I think you're annoying as well."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: February 07, 2011, 09:52:07 am »

*Killious taps into the frequency using her cybernetics*

K:'Nysa! What's the situation up there! Void Dragons have already moved into the system and I'm guessing that there will be Monitor Dragons there soon if not now.

They're only scouts and so are smaller as well as weak enough to take damage from most things. If you com across them focus everything you've got on one. Yui is on her way there too.'

*Yui was indeed nearly there, folding space had the handy effect of making long distance journies in a few seconds.*
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:40 am »

*A shaft of light lances up from the surface of the moon, briefly illuminating several draconic figures, which quickly ablate away.*

*Static*

"We've been too busy fighting amongst ourselves to notice much... Nothing like an immediate threat to unify squabbling factions, though."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: February 07, 2011, 10:06:21 am »

"Olon!, Get the dwarves on full alert, Things just got interesting."

"Aye aye Sir"

*Goes to fire control*

"Full alert, Tha beasties a coming"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:39 am »

K:'Ha, just what I was thinking, you guys have some form of partical signaling device? I'll send you some codes, put them through it and you'll have your own dragon to unify the troops.'

*Killious lets her connection die as she sets her cybernetics to other tasks. Tunring back to the male in front of the army.*

K:"My apologise Erneral, as I was saying. It is good to see you again."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: February 07, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

*The Warrior opens up the comms link again.*

"Lovely; Wait until Food has run itself ragged with infighting, then mop up stragglers in person. I must say I am quite pleased you are alive. Perfectly functional hate-hate relationships are such a beautiful and rare thing."
"Regardless. Do what you can to make them visible on hostiles' scanners. Echo from a radio pulse bouncing off their bodies should light them up quite well. Observe your foes' reaction to our... new guests. Yui's appearance should prove quite difficult to account for though... Try keep her hidden until the scouting Dragons start blasting everyone without discrimination, then let her join the fray."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:14:23 am by Something Evil »
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: February 07, 2011, 10:19:03 am »

@MM:
*Ern blinks*
"Kill! It's been too long!"
*The tiny creature on his shoulder perks up and starts bouncing up and down, grinning.*

"Killi! Killi Killi Killi Killi!"

@SE:

*static*

"Indeed they are. And are you insane?! The worldhous membrane is self-repairing, but it can only handle so much damage before it's overwhelmed!"

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: February 07, 2011, 10:23:03 am »

K:"Hm, you know... we might just have a good chance."

*On the moon, the 5 Dragons continue their rampage, killing anyone and flattening anything in there way. Yui circles the moon, observing.*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:57 am »

"Indeed they are. And are you insane?! The worldhous membrane is self-repairing, but it can only handle so much damage before it's overwhelmed!"
"Then would you kindly suggest another means of informing the rebels that they're about to become light snacks lest they cease bickering and form a common defense alongside their ideological enemies? I have several vanguard creatures hidden throughout the lunar complex, stowaways from your departure from planetside. I have only limited control over them, but identifying HQ structures and physically forcing rebel leaders to look at sensor readings and field reports may still be within my power."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: February 07, 2011, 10:27:26 am »

*Killious links to the tyrant with her mind.*

K:'If I remember correctly, your creatures require a 'synapse' creature yes? Theroetically, Yui can imprint her mind onto them and for a mental network."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: February 07, 2011, 10:31:49 am »

"Then would you kindly suggest another means of informing the rebels that they're about to become light snacks lest they cease bickering and form a common defense alongside their ideological enemies? I have several vanguard creatures hidden throughout the lunar complex, stowaways from your departure from planetside. I have only limited control over them, but identifying HQ structures and physically forcing rebel leaders to look at sensor readings and field reports may still be within my power."

"Sounds good! ... I can't believe I just agreed with something you suggested..."

*A vast number of uncrewed drones swarm the attacking dragons, firing on them with kinetic slugs filled plasma heated to 'prox half a billion degrees, contained and held under pressure with magnetic bottle technologies which fail on impact.*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: February 07, 2011, 10:32:51 am »

*The Tyrant rises from the pools and flies over to Killious, landing in front of the assembled forces and bowing lightly.*
"Greetings. I am a Tyranid. We kill things."
*It then turns to the Dimension Dancer.*
"If she can form synapse, then I would be quite grateful. Though vanguard creatures can operate autonomously, they are not particularly suited for other tasks than <<Kill him, and everyone near him.>> I will not overload her mind with mine, or if she feels apt in remotely piloting several genestealer broods and a handful of lictors, she may do so without my intervention. Also, any weapons for me?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:37:53 am by Something Evil »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: February 07, 2011, 10:37:20 am »

*The five roar in anger, plasma splashing over their scales creating hair-line cracks across the glassy skin. Energy emits from there jaws, incenerating a dozen drones at a time.

Yui detects the energy released from the exchange and begins a vertical dive towards the fighting colliding with one of the assailents, black claws extended and ripping into the other.*

K:"I already introduced a organic material into your spawning pools, yu can grow whatever weapons or tyranids you need. Order your tyranids to the planet with some kind of message to Yui giving her the go ahead, she's smart enough to work it out."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: February 07, 2011, 10:40:40 am »

*One of the Dao, a humanoid mass of sandstone, with sand flowing from its joints, mouth and empty eye sockets steps forwards and stares at the Tyrant for a moment, before speaking in a whisper-quiet, yet easily heard, voice that sounds like wind-blown sand.*

"Greetingsssss, Tyrant. If you can helllllp usssss againsssst the Void Dragonsssss, we woulllld be incredibllllly gratefulllll."

*Several degenerate matter warheads are launched at the Dragons.*
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 2023