Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1979137 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19470 on: October 15, 2018, 06:45:19 am »

Any activity involving sitting in a circle with a bunch of strangers for no apparent reason. I feel as though the flesh is being scoured from my bones by their eyes.

When I was taken to rehab, they transported me in leg irons and manacles. Everyone thought I was a serial killer at first and it pretty much cured me of group based social anxiety because they were low key frightened of me. Now when I get nervous with groups I think of that moment and their wide-eyed looks of fear and just bull through my anxiety.
Interesting... I'm not sure I could muster up the necessary suspension of disbelief to imagine people being afraid of me, haha.
This is like the Insanity Wolf version of the "imagine everyone naked" trick, come to think of it! I can see how it would help, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: October 16, 2018, 03:44:39 pm »

Eh, you look kind of intimidating in a lanky kind of way. You're that kind of look that, depending on your mood, my mood, and the surrounding context, you'd either look like a fun goofball or an intimidating... Person.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: October 21, 2018, 04:17:18 am »

I've responded to an invitation to a Halloween party hosted by some bartenders up on the hill, despite knowing next to nobody there and not having a costume either thought up or worked out. The party's next Saturday.

The reason I'm sort of kind of RSVPing to this is because the hostess invited me to a birthday/moving-in party earlier this year and I didn't go because, well... Because I don't know anybody and I kinda just wanted the weekend to myself.

There's also the slight shadow of my girlfriend, who I guarantee you will not be interested in coming along, and who doesn't particularly appreciate my being unchaperoned while drinking heavily. Especially not when in the company of a tall blonde who is obsessively outgoing (who at least has a boyfriend now, so that should take some of the threat out of it).

Another thing is that, I'm just not a very heavy drinker... I'm very much the casual "a beer with dinner" type, not so much interest in or experience with weekend binges. And this is a gathering of professional bartenders, including the hostess who also happens to be Finnish. A bit outside my weight class, to say the least.

Why does social interaction always have to involve people?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: October 21, 2018, 06:17:37 am »

Nothing stops a bartender from serving a non-alcoholic beverage or even cocktail. Just say that you'd like it without the 'hol and they won't mind. And if you say it in advance, they can prepare for it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: October 21, 2018, 06:29:19 am »

I've have disturbing nightmares two nights in a row now, ones that just scare the shit out of me. I had something similar happen last year where I had nightmares every night for something like a week, I hope that this isn't a recurrence of that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: October 21, 2018, 07:15:09 am »

I've have disturbing nightmares two nights in a row now, ones that just scare the shit out of me. I had something similar happen last year where I had nightmares every night for something like a week, I hope that this isn't a recurrence of that.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: October 21, 2018, 07:40:41 am »

35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: October 21, 2018, 08:49:49 am »

35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E

But that's in (googles real quick) Japan! OH NO, Naxza!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: October 21, 2018, 01:54:19 pm »

Fuck. That's never a fun thing. Would it help to dump into the dream thread?

EDIT: you already did, my apologies.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: October 21, 2018, 03:00:20 pm »

Nothing stops a bartender from serving a non-alcoholic beverage or even cocktail. Just say that you'd like it without the 'hol and they won't mind. And if you say it in advance, they can prepare for it.
Alcohol in Norway is generally too expensive to be served by the host. People attending a house party are generally expected to bring their own. It's more just that the bar of drunkenness will likely be set quite high, and the social expectations of such will follow.

Also, I may have worded things a bit poorly... The professional bartenders are the guests, they're gonna be off-duty. The hostess works at a bar, her roommates work at bars, most of her friends work at bars, and the only reason I'm on the guest list is because I happen to frequent the bar where the hostess works and she decided to add me on Facebook because I like dark beers.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: October 21, 2018, 08:39:46 pm »

I've been pondering on writing an anthology book with all the nightmares I keep on having. I either don't dream at all, or are horrible nightmares that wake me up. Very seldom do I dream your regular weird but harmless stuff, and only a handful of happy or sex dreams in my whole life. 31 years of that shit, and counting.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19481 on: October 21, 2018, 08:47:44 pm »

I support your idea. With some artistic license and you might even become the next lovecraft!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: October 22, 2018, 05:58:24 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:56:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: October 22, 2018, 06:27:47 am »

So... You are on superhuman phase? Lack of sleep if awful, but being unabled to get hammered... Crap.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:56:15 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 1420