Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969466 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17205 on: November 30, 2016, 05:36:37 am »

Side-note, but am I the only one who thinks there ought to be a general Politics Thread, perhaps for all parts of the world not Europe or the USA?
Side side-note (the sequel), but was that first quote in the first article written in a Creole Language? Seemed to be moving between English and something I couldn't parse. If so, neat!
"When I entered the password, ayaw pumasok sa account ko. I did it four times until Facebook notified me na may phishing attack sa FB ko at pinapabago ako ng password. I don't know what that means kasi di ako techie until ginoogle ko and nakalagay nga collecting data," he told ABS-CBN on Friday.
Most of the folks here are American/European/Australian or stuff, I think (Skyrunner needs to do another unofficial census :P)

Also aaahh...that's Taglish. XD Tagalog/English mix. Funny thing with bilinguality when you mix in foreign cultural stuffs. Also wasn't there a translation for that? o_O
...There is. On the same page. :P
(When I entered the password, I still couldn't get to my account. I did it four times until Facebook notified me that there was a phishing attack on my account and said I should change my password. I didn't know what that meant because I'm not techie so I googled it and found out it meant collecting data.)
Parts you probably don't understand are words in Tagalog. Intermixed with English. :P

What's a 'Tokhang'?
Local mixed term (dear goodness, I forgot how much isn't readily known about our language styles :3). Tagalog will be fun to learn--because there's a lot of words in the local language that are 'mixed up', like placing the last part first and saying it with the same meaning :P

Anyway yeah.
Sorry for the stressful political situation, Tiru. Hope you're not adversely affected!
I'm worried about our history and the impact on the populace nowadays! :V That's what I'm terrified of! Rewriting ignorance into history.

I mean not just because we lost centuries of our history to Spanish Conquistadores. :v But yeah.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17206 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:27 am »

Over in Thailand, "Thainglish" is just slang for "awful English".
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17207 on: December 03, 2016, 02:57:59 am »

Riding the train into a truly apocalyptic-looking storm, whilst trying to avoid making awkward eye contact with a cute.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17208 on: December 03, 2016, 02:59:08 am »

Sounds like the start of a half-decent survival movie there Yoink.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17209 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:33 am »

Similarly, Spanglish is 50% broken English and 50% broken Spanish.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17210 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:31 am »

Similarly, Spanglish is 50% broken English and 50% broken Spanish.
How are the languages mixed there anyway? Here, there are those that mix it up (hence taglish), but all use words wholly as seen in Soli's example back there. Given the semantic construct of tagalog (it's structured like the passive voice; usually the verb/adjective words before noun words), and the forward nature of English, it's actually congruent with each other that way. :P

But utterly silly when translated directly.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17211 on: December 03, 2016, 11:36:15 am »

In my experience, Spanglish is either just English with a heavy substitution of Spanish words or Spanish with a heavy substitution of English words.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17212 on: December 04, 2016, 12:18:20 pm »

As confirmed by symptoms last night, I have some kind of fairly common glitch with my heart that causes it not to work correctly occasionally. This is exacerbated by stress and lack of rest. I'm in no mortal danger, but having your heart make unusual noises, cause muscle soreness, and make you short of breath after walking over to get a cup of tea was... Somewhat frightening.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17213 on: December 05, 2016, 07:22:50 am »

Riding the train into a truly apocalyptic-looking storm, whilst trying to avoid making awkward eye contact with a cute.
Can't stop thinking about the train cute. Well actually, I stopped recently, but only due to having lots of other, more tangible things to stress over.

But anyway, I missed three trains in order to wind up there at that time. Clearly, the train cute and I were destined to meet- and yet, my usual crippling shyness prevented me from even making eye contact for more than the briefest instant, let alone saying hello or anything. Does that count as a Terrified? I think it does.
I have derailed my destiny and am now doomed to drift aimlessly through life without even a hint of purpose, searching fruitlessly for meaning until my eventual death. Sure, it looked like I was doing that already, but it turns out I apparently had a destiny. And now I have screwed it up irrevocably. Well, shit.

In other Terrifying news, I am due to catch a plane tomorrow night. Maybe this time I'll get things right and get my life on track. Who knows.
Also, I haven't packed yet. And I need to sort out transferring the power bill to my former housemate (yes, the worst one) in the morning sometime.
Wonder if there's anything else I desperately need to do tomorrow and have forgotten about. Probably. Oh well it's all meaningless anyway, as mentioned above.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17214 on: December 05, 2016, 08:06:35 am »

But trainer battles are good for leveling up your Pokémon! In a more vein, I know what being terrified of random strangers, even (no, especially) cute ones are scary, I hope the move helps your confidence to grow.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17215 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:42 pm »

As confirmed by symptoms last night, I have some kind of fairly common glitch with my heart that causes it not to work correctly occasionally. This is exacerbated by stress and lack of rest. I'm in no mortal danger, but having your heart make unusual noises, cause muscle soreness, and make you short of breath after walking over to get a cup of tea was... Somewhat frightening.

Are you basically the protagonist of Katawa Shoujo?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17216 on: December 05, 2016, 01:50:00 pm »

Are you basically the protagonist of Katawa Shoujo?

That's exactly what I thought of. I don't know what to think of the fact that I recognize this heart disease purely because of a visual novel made by weebs on an imageboard.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17217 on: December 05, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »

I immediately started thinking of my father, he has irregular heartbeat issues too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17218 on: December 05, 2016, 02:20:26 pm »

Yoink, it's okay, you miss out on "destiny" every day and so does everyone, don't wait for "destiny" to happen, it isn't real, make one yourself.

DRUNK-FORTUNE-COOKIE-BOT-AWAY
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17219 on: December 05, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »

I woke up and my teeth were chattering. I wasn't cold, I didn't feel feverish and I had a normal temperature. But my teeth would not stop chattering, and eventually I started shivering too. I didn't feel cold at all but the shivering and chattering didn't go away until I got in the shower and scalded myself for a few minutes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 ... 1420