Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969476 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17175 on: November 27, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »

*hugs Caroline*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: November 27, 2016, 01:51:39 pm »

*hugs Caroline as well* hope everything gets better

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: November 27, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »

There's also the homicidal bid for freedom route, if you want an alternative.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17178 on: November 27, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »

There's also the homicidal bid for freedom route, if you want an alternative.
NO, NO, NO! This is GLaDOS/Caroline we're talking about! Do you really want thousands of neurotoxin victims on your hands? :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: November 27, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »

More seriously, a stay in prison might end up making your parents seem like the lesser of two evils. Whatever route you take to freedom, Caroline, please try to choose one that will keep you out of jail.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: November 27, 2016, 05:04:21 pm »

Yes. That route is called smart homicide :P

In all seriousness, don't do murder, yadda yadda.

Pay someone else to do it instead.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: November 27, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »

(that's still technically murder in some places)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:12 pm »

(Is it murder if you don't know about the plans?)

But in all seriousness, don't kill them.  Get to the US and run the heck away.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: November 28, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

I´ve been travelling today, a lot of travelling.

So here I am in this city I have never been before and everything is going okay.
I enter this train station.

I see this dude, and whoa he is so drunk, he screams like a goddamn Rambo while stumbling like a techno dancer.

I just give him a glance and hope he stays away from me.

I go to the buy-a-ticket-window for travelling, and guess who follows me, the same guy who is too trying to buy a ticket (probably).

And this is embarrassing and terrifying, I am scared more than I should be.
At this point he does not wait in line like a normal person but stands next to me so I can smell liquor from his breath.

I am shaking in my mind like I am about to die, but I try to pass it off like I am ignoring him.

But I can´t focus on what is the ticket-seller saying behind the window, I am completely phased out because I am focusing on the drunkard.

I quickly snap in and answer the ticket-seller´s question on what is my destination. I give him my student ID and he scans it.
He gives it back and I walk away, what a derp, I did not pick up the ticket.

So the ticket-seller and the drunkard are both yelling at me and I quickly go back to grab my ticket.

Absolutely embarrassed that my inside coward was so easily revealed I go and take a seat, and oh boy, the drunkard follows me.
He keeps turning his head my way so it is obvious he trying to look me in the eyes or something.

Then at this point he yells like a fucking lion, I shiver up a millimeter and try to hide it, his scream was powerful and everybody heard it in the whole station.

Even though I suppressed all of my body´s reaction, inside my brain is going haywire from the fear.

In a desperate attempt to hide fear, I look the drunk into the eyes for a good five seconds like I am not impressed.
He then walks away, but I doubt it is because my deception worked.

I am ashamed and my ego has taken a huge blow.
I have been million times in a situations where I would confront people (that I know) and never ever felt a slip of fear. I had control.

But here, a drunk who could barely walk right, and I was scared. I am mad at myself.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »

Hey meng, look at it this way: you are alive, physically unharmed, all your limbs are still attached, and you didn't have to fight the guy. I mean, sudden fear or inability to react happens to most everybody, sometimes even people who are trained in hurting other people. But in the end, you walked off unharmed, which means you won this ...encounter, I guess. And what you did might have been the right thing anyway: you avoided a completely unnecessary fight which could have ended in anything, really.
I understand this is somewhat traumatizing, but you did well enough, in my opinion at least. I hope this is somehow comforting.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17185 on: November 28, 2016, 02:07:22 pm »

Sebastian: Don't be. With most people, you can predict what they will do, but drunks are like Trump - you have no idea what they might do. Uncertainty is scary.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: November 28, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »

*hugs Sebastian*

Sebastian: Don't be. With most people, you can predict what they will do, but drunks are like Trump - you have no idea what they might do. Uncertainty is scary.
Sigtext

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17187 on: November 28, 2016, 02:16:08 pm »

Also please nobody bring up politics in here, I'm sorry to have mentioned Trump, only relevant terror, no derails, and whatnot.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: November 28, 2016, 02:53:05 pm »

Put card in ATM. Card falls in loosely. I hear a thud. Look through window into shop behind, where men are tinkering with the machine. Go tell them what happened. They can't get it. They tell me to come back in an hour, they're going to be back in a half hour for further work. They do not turn up.

At this point I'm, as the thread title says, internally terrified whilst externally composed. I have only 100 DKK and three weeks to live. A new bank card would take weeks to arrive. I go to the international centre. They call the company that removed the money. They say to check bank machine for help number. Go back to bank machine for number. Number doesn't work. Go back to international centre. International centre gets through. Apparently nothing to be done, my card will be shredded.

I call my family and I explain all this. My brother mentions some money transfer thing he's heard of, and sends me a few thousand kroner to keep me sustained until I get home.

In other words, without my family I would have been in a foreign country with no way home. Even with my family, it's lucky my brother knew how to get me money.

I am angry, annoyed, and many other negative emotions.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: November 28, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »

*hugs DwArfY1*

You're alright now.

And I'm sure that local B12ers could help you out in an emergency.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1420