Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969309 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17145 on: November 11, 2016, 02:10:14 pm »

I remember them claiming earlier that Clinton was a pedophile because she was the public defender for some pedophile back when she was a lawyer. That might have been it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: November 11, 2016, 03:34:41 pm »

Well, nobody says the Toad has to allow counterfactual propaganda on these forums. :)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: November 11, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »

Well, nobody says the Toad has to allow counterfactual propaganda on these forums. :)
Aye.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17148 on: November 11, 2016, 05:48:49 pm »

Eh, just because he's allowed to ban people over bad rumours... doesn't make it necessarily okay.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: November 11, 2016, 07:04:36 pm »

Nah, he only tends to ban people for a) only being here to fuck with people, "trolling", b) out and out bigotry/racism/sexism/etc. "I hate f*****s" for example, and c) consistent overstepping of outlined bounds, like Mainiac apparently. "Straw that broke the camels back" and so forth.

If someone who is here for more than a, does not express b, and stays within bounds like c, Toady doesn't seem to care about their opinion and them expressing said opinion.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17150 on: November 11, 2016, 08:10:54 pm »

Nah, he only tends to ban people for a) only being here to fuck with people, "trolling", b) out and out bigotry/racism/sexism/etc. "I hate f*****s" for example, and c) consistent overstepping of outlined bounds, like Mainiac apparently. "Straw that broke the camels back" and so forth.

If someone who is here for more than a, does not express b, and stays within bounds like c, Toady doesn't seem to care about their opinion and them expressing said opinion.
You forgot d), which is when people don't break the guidelines but mock the mods anyways and get banned for that
mod sassin an all

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: November 11, 2016, 08:29:14 pm »

You forgot d), which is when people don't break the guidelines but mock the mods anyways and get banned for that
mod sassin an all
That's never the sole reason, though. It might be what turns a temporary mute into a ban.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: November 16, 2016, 08:07:55 am »

I don't know if it terrified me, as such, but this definitely made me extremely anxious: a friend asked me to give them advice on relationship matters. My "advice" boiled down to talk with them and try to understand each other, something that they apparently hadn't tried yet. I don't know why I was asked, since I've got no experience in this whatsoever and of it goes south I might get in a little trouble.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: November 16, 2016, 08:16:36 am »

Well, if it helps any, you at least gave the right advice. Communication keeps ships afloat, the lack sinks them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: November 16, 2016, 09:17:27 am »

Well, if it helps any, you at least gave the right advice. Communication keeps ships afloat, the lack sinks them.
Aye.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: November 16, 2016, 09:29:34 am »

Aye.
AYE!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: November 16, 2016, 10:10:44 am »

I don't expect much aside from less physical assault. Even the teachers are preaching about how Trump will save America, and one of my classes had a massive discussion on how Pence will purge the "LGBT hate movement" from our country before my teacher got them to stop talking like that in front of the two gay students.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
California?  :-\
We're supposed to be one of the better states, dammit.

I don't suppose your school has security cameras? Maybe they got some footage showing the attackers.

Demgraphic shifts due to migration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: November 16, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »

Winter finally decided to show up, couple weeks behind schedule. Not ready for driving in the snow again to be honest. -.-
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17158 on: November 22, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »

This is from last night, but...

Ever had a jet come in a few hundred metres over your house at maximum safe landing speed? In the middle of the night? No? Keep it that way.

My first thought when I woke up was legitimately that I was going to die. 'Cause jets aren't exactly quiet, and their landing lights aren't exactly dim. The first thing that came to my sleep-addled mind was bombs.

I only realised what it was when I heard the jets burning in reverse a short while later when it landed. It was an interesting few moments.

For context, I live around a kilometre from a military airbase. The prevailing wind means that 90% of the time, aeroplanes come in to land over my house.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: November 22, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »

Hmm, now I wonder if some UFO sightings originated from planes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1420