Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964791 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14670 on: October 30, 2015, 04:25:11 am »

@Equation group stuff
On the bright side, the average person is nowhere near significant enough to warrant such an attack. And try as they might, they (presently) cannot monitor literally everyone without running into major technological problems, such as the absurd amounts of data it would create and how to organise said data in a processing cost and time effective manner (due to its sheer size) and how to retrieve snippets of said data without spending ten years slogging through it all etc. etc.
M8 google already does this with profit

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: October 30, 2015, 04:29:10 am »

@Equation group stuff

On the bright side, the average person is nowhere near significant enough to warrant such an attack. And try as they might, they (presently) cannot monitor literally everyone without running into major technological problems, such as the absurd amounts of data it would create and how to organise said data in a processing cost and time effective manner (due to its sheer size) and how to retrieve snippets of said data without spending ten years slogging through it all etc. etc.
inb4 the new best way to become a terrorist is to hand as much data as you can over the government. If everyone gives them access to all of our data, then it should quickly become way too much for the government to ever actually process, meaning that anything we don't want them to see will slip by right under their noses! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: October 30, 2015, 05:03:00 am »

Uh, that already exists. It's called a DDOS attack, though it's not usually used as a smokescreen but as an attack by itself.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: October 30, 2015, 06:07:39 am »

Ah, the classic "OI'VE got nuffin to hide, so unilateral warrantless government spying and electronic attacks are perfectly reasonable."  :P
My stepdad's a fan of that one. IMO he has to be a government shill or something. Nobody trusts Theresa May that much.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: October 30, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

Spent the past hour wondering where the hell the bus was taking me, yet being too tired to feel anything other than vague panic. Nothing looks like anything in the dark, so I couldn't pick out any landmarks along the route. I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something anymore, so for all I know I could have somehow unwittingly boarded the North County bus instead of city loop, even though I've always caught the city loop at the same time and place every friday for the past few weeks.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: October 30, 2015, 02:06:48 pm »

Oh jeez, that's never good. Good luck making it to wherever you're supposed to be. :-\

Terror: I sure hope the weather forecast is wrong. It's telling me it's going to rain all day today, 'til about 5PM.
Today is supposed to be 'backyard party' day. Fuck off, rainstorms! Why does the first storm of Summer have to choose now to happen?!-
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: October 31, 2015, 05:07:33 am »

I'm not terrified with this but anyway it's this.

If you are paranoid with that, dump your hard disc into something that melts something like ceramic and steel(blast furnace is recommended) or turn it into fine grain, buy a random computer from a random store (no, don't ask to send it to your home) and don't connect to the internet or with any USB items.
The side effect is erasing everything inside into oblivion, so that one hard disc will not be back because it's molten and shared with all the great liquid stuff. Perfect if you wanna destroy every data inside that one hard disc.
Quote from: Hard disk destroyer
You can't be too careful when protecting your private data.

Brits, Canadians, Germans, Chinese and Brazilians have hydrogen buses, I suspect better technology will one day make hydrogen fuel cells more readily available for the public
OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH
Honda nipons have created technocar w' hydrogenmotor

They've built a terrifying monstrosity that constantly spews lethal dihydrogen monoxide out the back of the vehicle.
What's lethal is probably it's heat. Add with the fact that hot hydrogenic things(something like water etc.) could heat things to the point of ignition to the mix*. Bam*.
*no pun intended

You dont want NSA to know your favorite japanese cartoons?
Forgot to tell the point.
The NSA is not only watching your computer alone; They are manipulating your computer.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: October 31, 2015, 08:58:06 am »

Y'all just don't appreciate your mama's hard work knitting fine sweaters.

Also, in legitimate terrified; the weather is abominable right now. Rain forever, hydroplaning all the way into town and now I have to grab a 10 minute shower before driving halfway back, to arrive at work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: October 31, 2015, 12:07:07 pm »

ALIEN SKYWHALE SIGHTED IN PENNSYLVANIA

Not really, but this is some super-rad halloween shit anyway.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #14680 on: October 31, 2015, 12:24:48 pm »

A giant whale?!  Somebody call Tedd!  He's had experience with that stuff.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: October 31, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »

Looks more like a ghost blimp to me.

I mean, if that is a whale, then that is one huge dick.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: October 31, 2015, 01:41:39 pm »

Orca penis.
Not that far off. If anything it's a bit on the short side.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:00:24 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:02 pm »

I'm not terrified with this but anyway it's this.

If you are paranoid with that, dump your hard disc into something that melts something like ceramic and steel(blast furnace is recommended) or turn it into fine grain, buy a random computer from a random store (no, don't ask to send it to your home) and don't connect to the internet or with any USB items.
The side effect is erasing everything inside into oblivion, so that one hard disc will not be back because it's molten and shared with all the great liquid stuff. Perfect if you wanna destroy every data inside that one hard disc.
Quote from: Hard disk destroyer
You can't be too careful when protecting your private data.

Brits, Canadians, Germans, Chinese and Brazilians have hydrogen buses, I suspect better technology will one day make hydrogen fuel cells more readily available for the public
OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH
Honda nipons have created technocar w' hydrogenmotor

They've built a terrifying monstrosity that constantly spews lethal dihydrogen monoxide out the back of the vehicle.
What's lethal is probably it's heat. Add with the fact that hot hydrogenic things(something like water etc.) could heat things to the point of ignition to the mix*. Bam*.
*no pun intended

You dont want NSA to know your favorite japanese cartoons?

I don't want them knowing anything. As noted in the song "why can't we be friends" the intelligence community is mostly made up of people who were too sleazy to make it in organized crime.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: October 31, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »

Orca penis.
Not that far off. If anything it's a bit on the short side.

Yeah but that one isn't firing at you from the sky.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1420