Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968550 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #11805 on: January 30, 2015, 12:01:09 am »

It disturbs me on a fundamental level that people (people who have children) are capable of being that hysterical

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11806 on: January 30, 2015, 12:02:55 am »

Auuuugh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: January 30, 2015, 01:30:41 am »

Can't you delete or at least selectively edit incriminating details out of your history?
...There's something wrong with visiting B12 and speaking about what troubles you?

For non-PC browsers, isn't there a way to go incognito? Private browsing and all that?
Knowing you, there's...pretty much nothing/little of anything incriminating or detailing malevolence out of your situation, and if any, they aren't born from an imbalanced attitude that'd cause long-standing problems, as far as I see. You've respected your parents in tone when talking about them, and are able to detail what problems occur by talking about your situation.

Though maybe we're all judging this in a bad way. Looking back, your mom is concerned about you (albeit in between the acts of lacking ideas on how to parent a child efficiently) in which I really advise seeing a counselor about that...). Maybe the creation of something to assuage that hypervigilance could help? A Family Password would be ideal? (ie in cases of trouble or the assumption of fear and all--you'd ask if that person, who maybe corresponding with parents or stuff, about the family password--if they are legitimate, then they'd know it...and such.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:44:08 am by Tiruin »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: January 30, 2015, 01:49:53 am »

Can't you use Private mode? As far as I know, it stops anything from being recorded in your history. The only downside from what I can see is that passwords and such aren't cached so you have to log in every time you go on Bay12.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11809 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:56 am »

snip
Honestly, I can't see Caroline's mother (or her father, for that matter) taking anything Caroline does as acceptable. Unless they specifically demand it of her, of course. Sanity isn't exactly their strong suit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: January 30, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

I'm pretty sure the guy who sits next to me in economics class is a literal neo-nazi. As in, he actually admitted to being a nazi.

Dude score!  Everybody knows Nazis always have Nazi gold you can steal.  Like the Leprechauns.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »

Can't you delete or at least selectively edit incriminating details out of your history?
...There's something wrong with visiting B12 and speaking about what troubles you?
'HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!' wouldn't be out of the question.
^This, plus the fact that I read about videogames (yes, this makes her pisse), that I talk with 'strangers' on the internet, that I have given these people my general location, that I hid something from her, that I am trans, among many others.

She'd probably think that I'm an ungrateful crybaby, you're all mentally sick pedophilic murderrapists and you infected me with the gays and I'm going to hell.

My dad... When I was nine or ten he once slapped me across the face and screamed at me for even mentioning a dream I had that had the color pink. I'm scared of what he'd do if he found out.
I don't have a lot of advice, but I know a bit about hiding things on an iPad. Erase everything in your history, and to cover your tracks look at a lot of sites they'd approve of. I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm sure you would have a good idea. Then, check bay12 only on private. Logging in every time is a small price to pay for security.
Good luck Caroline. I'm not the praying type, but if I was, my prayers would go out for you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: January 30, 2015, 12:34:40 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:14:03 am by penguinofhonor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11813 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:04 pm »

Or just page through biblegateway.com or something. Fills up a ton of history space without being much effort, and if your parents complain about you reading the Bible, given their apparent religious tendencies...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »

iPad Chrome should have incognito mode that leaves no history. Not sure if Safari has a similar feature.
The latest version of Safari does, and it has a handy little feature where every window is closed when you turn it off. However, incognito opens on a separate window. Depends if you want everything to be immediately removed from the screen or if you want to quickly switch between the two.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:48 pm »

There's something wrong with Caroline's parents, and no matter how optimistic you are or how much you believe in the innate goodness of people they're abusive bastards who should be flogged.  They are not rational, open to discussion and calm working through of issues.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: January 30, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »

'HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!' wouldn't be out of the question.
^This, plus the fact that I read about videogames (yes, this makes her pisse), that I talk with 'strangers' on the internet, that I have given these people my general location, that I hid something from her, that I am trans, among many others.

She'd probably think that I'm an ungrateful crybaby, you're all mentally sick pedophilic murderrapists and you infected me with the gays and I'm going to hell.

My dad... When I was nine or ten he once slapped me across the face and screamed at me for even mentioning a dream I had that had the color pink. I'm scared of what he'd do if he found out.

But, pink is also the color of love, then again you were eight or nine and if you were dreaming about pink elephants, well, that's something else. Then again, your parents don't have logic.

Also, capital of Honduras isn't a tiny town or something, plus nobody even knows your real name, so....

Remember what was specifically pink about that dream? Though if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: January 30, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »

Fun fact: pink is traditionally a male color with blue being considered more of a girly color.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:21 pm »

Fun fact: pink is traditionally a male color with blue being considered more of a girly color.

Traditionally somewhere at sometime in some culture.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11819 on: January 30, 2015, 12:56:33 pm »

In the distant-ish past, when bloodstains washed out of pink more easily than white and blue was a symbol of purity.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1420