Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964924 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7740 on: June 21, 2014, 01:38:51 pm »

Because his posts often dont make any sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7741 on: June 21, 2014, 04:24:19 pm »

It makes sense if you think about it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 21, 2014, 04:42:16 pm »

To make sense of his posts you need to make sure you eat your daily chinchilla on fire juggling wet balloons.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 21, 2014, 05:56:12 pm »

Yeah, I get it. I'm not telling any of you guys though because it would ruin your experience of thinking about it on your own. It's not about the destination, man.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 21, 2014, 06:07:21 pm »

But if the destination doesn't matter, is it even worth going.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 21, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »

You won't know until you get there.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:14 am »

To make sense of his posts you need to make sure you eat your daily chinchilla on fire juggling wet balloons.

Do.... do you not?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 22, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »

Been getting a small pain inside my elbow joint that's reminiscent of what my previous MRSA infections felt like in the beginning.  It's been going on for a couple weeks, but I still can't help but panic a bit every time I lay my arm down on my desk just right and feel it there.  There's this moment of "OH GOD NO THE MRSA'S BACK", and I have to spend the next couple minutes evaluating it to be sure.  It's been about 6 years since I had the last infection, and that one was after about an 8 year gap from the one before.  I know it's going to come back again one day and will be possibly untreatable when it does.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 22, 2014, 02:52:30 pm »

Hopefully they will have viral therapy working when it comes back, since then they can just have a bacteriophague go through your body and purge the MRSA.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 22, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

Picked up Slender: The Arrival on sale.  It's much more unsettling than I expected it to be.  They did a great job with the atmosphere.  Great job building up the tension for those jump scares.  Those very rarely work on me, but they did here... even knowing in advance the basic idea of how the game works.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7750 on: June 23, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »

because yoink needs to compensate for their lack of disconcertion
not to be racist but i for one can be disconcerting without even hosting a festival of ringing on sheep ribs with a tuna
Yeah, I get it. I'm not telling any of you guys though because it would ruin your experience of thinking about it on your own. It's not about the destination, man.

not to be racist but i for one can be disconcerting without even hosting a festival of ringing on sheep ribs with a tuna
In the context here LSP is replying to TD1 as to the philosophical questioning behind the purpose of Yoink's disconcerting avatar. LSP has pinpointed that Yoink innately is not that unsettling and so must compensate with an unsettling avatar. He then goes on to boast of his amazing disconcerting prowess, being so disconcerting that he likes his ability to cause unease with that caused by the festival of ringing on sheep ribs with a tuna. On first look this would appear to be a simple reference to how disturbed one would be to see someone playing the ribs of a sheep with a tuna like a demented xylophone; but LSP's apology also implicates that he was making a remark that a culture's practice was disconcerting, meaning that it is not what it first seems. The rib clearly stands for the sea-faring vessel rib; and so the sheep here must be undocked just as the rib is undocked. The tuna is a reference to the great whale in moby dick, and in turn is what ties it all together with Ishmael being both the main character of moby dick and being the firstborn son of Abraham. Therefore LSP is stating he is capable of being disconcerting without having to practice the festival of Eid al-Adha, where an undocked lamb is slaughtered in stead of Ishmael as an act of submission to God's will; also showing why LSP wanted to stress he was not racist.

C'mon guys, it was right in front of you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7751 on: June 23, 2014, 12:29:41 pm »

where an undocked lamb is slaughtered in stead of Ishmael

So I can only assume that here Ishmael is a metaphor for the people of Islam and at Eid al-Adha a lamb is sacrificed, rather than the world's entire population of Jews rising up to obliterate Islam.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:40 pm »

In the context here LSP is replying to TD1 as to the philosophical questioning behind the purpose of Yoink's disconcerting avatar. LSP has pinpointed that Yoink innately is not that unsettling and so must compensate with an unsettling avatar. He then goes on to boast of his amazing disconcerting prowess, being so disconcerting that he likes his ability to cause unease with that caused by the festival of ringing on sheep ribs with a tuna. On first look this would appear to be a simple reference to how disturbed one would be to see someone playing the ribs of a sheep with a tuna like a demented xylophone; but LSP's apology also implicates that he was making a remark that a culture's practice was disconcerting, meaning that it is not what it first seems. The rib clearly stands for the sea-faring vessel rib; and so the sheep here must be undocked just as the rib is undocked. The tuna is a reference to the great whale in moby dick, and in turn is what ties it all together with Ishmael being both the main character of moby dick and being the firstborn son of Abraham. Therefore LSP is stating he is capable of being disconcerting without having to practice the festival of Eid al-Adha, where an undocked lamb is slaughtered in stead of Ishmael as an act of submission to God's will; also showing why LSP wanted to stress he was not racist.

C'mon guys, it was right in front of you.

* LordSlowpoke takes off glasses

* LordSlowpoke cleans glasses

* LordSlowpoke puts glasses back on

* LordSlowpoke adjusts glasses

* LordSlowpoke squints

* LordSlowpoke pinches self

* LordSlowpoke leans back and begins clapping slowly

i'm going to have you walk behind me and explain my posts to people like caesar had his servants remind him of the fact he's human except in the outward direction

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 23, 2014, 02:50:56 pm »

So uh. THAT. Terrified me today.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7754 on: June 23, 2014, 06:04:20 pm »

So people are terrified now. I don't quite know how to react, as I presumably have done the equivalent of translating some knowledge that should not be known by making sense of an LSP post. I think I will walk around contemplating what life decisions have led me to this moment, whilst shuffling about wondering if translating LSP posts is providing a service or committing a crime against nature.

I shall watch ducks not have bricks thrown at them now, it is simpler.

i'm going to have you walk behind me and explain my posts to people like caesar had his servants remind him of the fact he's human except in the outward direction
If you're forming a republic I demand payment in kitchens for any work I do
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1420