Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969023 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5760 on: November 04, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

Going the the dentists tomorrow.
I have an irrational fear of dentistry.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: November 04, 2013, 09:23:26 pm »

I have an irrational fear of dentistry.
I would like to comfort you, but you're not being specific: There is a whole wide world of dentistry procedures, and some are scarier then others.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: November 04, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »

I'm not too fond of dentists. My dad once went in for a routine cleaning, and left with a botched wisdom-tooth removal.

One of his wisdom teeth did have to get removed, but it wasn't the one that was taken out. The dentist shredded most of his gum-line taking it out. I have the same dentist, too.

Good luck on your appointment tomorrow.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:01 pm »

I'm not too fond of dentists. My dad once went in for a routine cleaning, and left with a botched wisdom-tooth removal.

One of his wisdom teeth did have to get removed, but it wasn't the one that was taken out. The dentist shredded most of his gum-line taking it out. I have the same dentist, too.

I do hope he got a refund and a proper removal for the correct tooth, eventually.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »

I do hope he got a refund and a proper removal for the correct tooth, eventually.

I actually have no idea, this was before I was born. I know that he's since switched dentists.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »

In my experience, dentists are hit or miss. Either they are masterful at what they do, or they really should not be dentists. Fortunately, I've found an individual in the former category, and his recommended dental surgeon is supposedly of similar proficiency.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: November 04, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »

My dental clinic is pretty good and has skilled people working there. I still don't like going, but I am bound to admit that they take good care of me and my family.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: November 04, 2013, 10:03:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure my dentist is a vampire.  We would trade video games when I was a little kid.  Twenty-two years later, him and his wife (who works as his assistant) don't look like they've aged a day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: November 04, 2013, 10:22:51 pm »

Oh hey, I just got back from the dentist about an hour ago! And because of the wonderful communications in my house, I didn't even know I had an appointment until about five minutes before!
Also, DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT HALF AN HOUR BEFORE CLOSING TIME. I get the feeling that they were a little bit rushed, which is not a good thing when people are putting sharp things in your mouth. While I could stand to floss a bit more, I'm pretty sure the reason my gums were bleeding is because you want to get out of here on time, thank you very much.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: November 04, 2013, 10:32:42 pm »

I saw a black widow today. I don't think I need to say anything else other than I am usually very apprehensive about being near spiders of any kind. Similar to my being apprehensive around dogs, crowds and the dark really.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »

I saw a black widow today. I don't think I need to say anything else other than I am usually very apprehensive about being near spiders of any kind. Similar to my being apprehensive around dogs, crowds and the dark really.
I've never had problems with black widows. I've only seen a few, but for the most part they just stay put.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #5771 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:39 pm »

I have an perfectly irrational fear of dentistry.

... Still recovering from the third root canal on the same tooth.

My roots in that tooth are over an inch long.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: November 05, 2013, 12:29:01 am »

I also had the dentist today, routine cleaning. Boring as all hell, and I still don't like the idea of people putting stuff on my teeth (reasons not the least of which include hating the taste), but I had no actual complaints.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: November 05, 2013, 09:42:06 am »

I rescheduled a phone interview last night and got a response this morning. The new time is set in the wee hours in the morning. It turns out that the scheduling program is using my email's time which is set to Pacific time instead of Eastern time. It's a good thing I rescheduled and set the time properly.

I'm still terrified of the interview though.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:32 am »

Don't be afraid of interviews.  Chances are they already decided to hire someone else and they just have to say they interviewed others to satisfy some Equal Employment standard.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1420