Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964470 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4755 on: August 13, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »

What the hell happened in Sexism Thread #23?
0_o
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 13, 2013, 09:19:08 pm »

Shit went down. Let's not talk about it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 13, 2013, 09:20:59 pm »

What the hell happened in Sexism Thread #23?
0_o
The same thing that always happens when Bay12 doesn't unanimously agree on something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »

I've heard ouija board stories from several people, and not a one of them was about it actually predicting something or anything to do at all with movement of the piece.  Every story was about shit just going horribly wrong.  Like when my mom messed with one, one of her friend's eyes turned pitch black and she began speaking in tongues.  Or my wife's claim that one hovered spinning in the air for several seconds before throwing itself into a wall.  She then threw it out into the woods, only to find it on the floor in her bedroom again when she got back.  She then cut it into several pieces and drove around discarding those pieces over several miles, only to find it whole again on her bedroom floor when she got back.

Just saying... your friend's ouija board stories are lame.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: August 13, 2013, 09:29:48 pm »

Just remember folks, before we had creepypasta we had bullshit and partially-bullshit scary stories in our oral tradition as well!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »

I used to believe in ghosts, my main evidence being a picture I once took, but at some point I just stopped believing in them. To me, they just don't make any sense scientifically.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

I've heard ouija board stories from several people, and not a one of them was about it actually predicting something or anything to do at all with movement of the piece.  Every story was about shit just going horribly wrong.  Like when my mom messed with one, one of her friend's eyes turned pitch black and she began speaking in tongues.  Or my wife's claim that one hovered spinning in the air for several seconds before throwing itself into a wall.  She then threw it out into the woods, only to find it on the floor in her bedroom again when she got back.  She then cut it into several pieces and drove around discarding those pieces over several miles, only to find it whole again on her bedroom floor when she got back.

Just saying... your friend's ouija board stories are lame.
Okay, straight off I must reiterate that these people are not my friends.
They are mostly my gandmother and her friends and I hold everything they do that pertains to the supernatural with disdain.

And yeah those stories are bullshit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: August 13, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

Apparently if I ever bring an ouija board into my mother's house I won't ever be coming back. She's a bit superstitious.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:09 am »

Apparently if I ever bring an ouija board into my mother's house I won't ever be coming back. She's a bit superstitious.

Paint satanic symbols on your body and sacrifice an infant on her bed and see how he reacts to that.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: August 14, 2013, 06:44:20 am »

Paint satanic symbols on your body and sacrifice an infant on her bed and see how he reacts to that.
Yeah, whenever I get stuff like that I just start dropping references to how great and mighty Satan is (e.g. What is Satan's glorious name is going on here), and then they usually stop.
Also it's hilarious.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 14, 2013, 08:19:21 am »

On a completely unrelated note, over the years and three different houses, we've heard heavy footsteps in the kitchen and the sound of drawers opening, had lights switch themselves off, had our iMac turn itself back on, etc. The latter two certainly freaked out my siblings.

My bad.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 14, 2013, 08:58:12 am »

What I love is the fact that, oddly enough, only people who believe in ghosts seem to see ghosts.
I lived in a house where all the "ghosty stuff" happened. Like waking up at 1 A.M. to get some water only to have the door slam shut in front of me the moment I reached for the handle, or televisions turning themselves on and off to static screens. It was pretty awesome.
Yeah, my TV will turn on a random points throughout the day and night, but it isn't ghosts.  Damn thing has a short in it somewhere  >_>

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: August 14, 2013, 11:21:05 am »

We get some pretty weird events sometimes at my place.  I think it was three weeks ago I was sitting at my computer and I suddenly heard what sounded exactly like a grown man right next to me was stomping on the floor rapidly as hard as he could for several seconds.

I'm not a specific believer in ghosts or demons or anything like that, and am skeptical wherever possible.  But I and people I trust have experienced plenty of things we don't know how to explain, and some attempts at logical explanation can seem like just as much a stretch as defaulting to ghosts.  I also dislike defaulting to hallucination to hand wave any circumstance where there's not a better answer, since there comes a point where if you abuse that too much, you could discard literally any experience you ever have in your life which doesn't fit with your expectations to avoid ever potentially learning anything.

So I don't really lean too heavily either way or take the subject too seriously.  I just mentally file away things as odd and move on, and sometimes enjoy trading stories with people who aren't jerks about it.  Seems like a healthy enough approach to me.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 14, 2013, 11:38:33 am »

I don't like the flawed logic of "I don't know how to explain it, therefore you don't know how to explain it, therefore it's ghosts".
Namely, if someone doesn't know what it is, how can they then know that it's ghosts? Defaulting to assuming it being magic is some stone-age level shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: August 14, 2013, 11:47:45 am »

I don't like the flawed logic of "I don't know how to explain it, therefore you don't know how to explain it, therefore it's ghosts".
Namely, if someone doesn't know what it is, how can they then know that it's ghosts? Defaulting to assuming it being magic is some stone-age level shit.

I totally agree.  But I also haven't met too many people who actually think that way.  Maybe I'm just good at avoiding certain kinds of stupidity, but I often wonder how others seem to find it so common.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1420